Fill Me In, What's the "owning stock" perks all about?

How much do you need to own? I've already booked my next cruise, can I still get the perks? what are the perks?

Thanks in advance!!!

You need a minimum of 100 shares of CCL stock to get the onboard credit. We've used this perk for several years. I just fax my account statement showing ownership after I make final payment on our cruise and the shipboard credit is waiting for me when I embark. I've never had a bit of trouble using this perk. CCL stock has been trading near a 52 week high recently.

It looks like you have to show proof at time of booking. Also, if we have three cabins, we get 100.00 per cabin, right? Just don't know if now is a good time to buy....when it's at it's high!! not sure if buying that much is worth saving $300.00 the value could go down by much more than that.... hmmmm something to think about. I have to call to see if it's too late since we already booked.

You will get 100 per cabin for every 100 shares you hold. You would need 300 shares and 3 cabins to get 3 seperate $100.00 credits.

The shareholder MUST occupy the stateroom. So spread the shares into the other names.Just went thru that,so I just transfered some into my daughters account.

Steve

Yup Steves right. Sorry forgot to mention that. Was looking into a joint share holder deal with my wife and I so either of us could use the OBC

Might be better to own it in two accounts, rather than a join account, in case you take a cruise with the boys or your wife with the girls, or a couple and split up to book so both cabins get it etc.

... just saying because as pointed out above, the shareholder has to be in the cabin. If its owned jointly, only one credit will be issued... even if you split up and book in two cabins.

I always suggest to anyone thinking about buying a "single stock" to make sure that if you lost all of this investment....it would not affect your financial status.

I also suggest to make sure that you are going to use it enough to get some real benefit. We earn around 10% per year tax free...but we have to cruise several times a year to do it.

I think this is a great perk, but Carnival's process for getting the OBC has not been too user friendly for me. Have faxed the info in twice now, and no response. They say they dont receive it, or cant find it. Have to keep following up.

I think this is a great perk, but Carnival's process for getting the OBC has not been too user friendly for me. Have faxed the info in twice now, and no response. They say they dont receive it, or cant find it. Have to keep following up.

... something to be said for emailing the proof to me ... then they can reply they got it.

Archived