Do I Need Any Special Paperwork?

SeaBlu

My DH and I will be taking our grandchildren on a Celebrity cruise in June. They are 12 and 10. They have passports as their Dad is military and they have already traveled extensively. Their parents always give us a letter that we have their permission to have them receive medical treatment, if necessary, and give us their Military Health Care Cards when we have the children with us. Will the cruise line require any other paperwork from us?

I appreciate anyone's input. This is the first time we are taking them without at least one of their parents going also.

THANK YOU.

I think your paperwork is in order, but don't think the Military insurance card will work for you on the ship or on shore. Meaning, you'd have to pay up-front, and submit the bill for reimbursement. Have their Dad call to find out if they're covered for medical expenses outside the US if they're traveling for non-Military purposes.

The cruise line may also require you to have a notarized letter signed by each parent giving permission to travel with the children stating where you are going, for how long, and when you intend to return.

Double check with the cruiseline.

Thank you ALL, I will check with Celebrity and I appreciate all of the good information you have given me. I knew that a non-custodial parent needed some type of "permission" letter, that is what made me think that we might.

Trying to plan ahead and so as to not have any problems when it is time to board.:D

Archived