Coffee Cards/PIA

cruisin36

PIA

I win, you lose!!! You stated thet you cannot get fresh brewed coffee in the MDR with the coffee card with a betcha!! YOU LOSE!!! Just came of a B2B on the Ruby. One day at breakfast a couple at our table asked the waiter for FB coffee with the card - He said OK and got it for them. I would have given him an immediate tip, they did not!!

PIA! HELP!!! What coffee do they serve in the MDR? I drink 1-2 cups a day and wonder if a coffee card is worth it. Also, I plan to have many breakfasts in the stateroom before tours - can you get better coffee there with a card??????? Karen

Regarding having coffee in your cabin in the morning. It helps to have a hubby who tottles off for me every morning to the patissiere and brings back a fresh cup of java for me and an occasional hot chocolate for himself. For some reason, I find the coffee in the MDR pretty good. But I use my card every evening for a cappacino. After a while, our waiters just brought it every night without using my card. That's why I love traditional dining!!

Question, if you bring your own "mug" to the IC in the morning, will they fill it with the fresh brewed stuff.....:)

a) Yes, if you have a coffee card

b) Yes, if you do not have a coffee card and charge it to your cabin

I just wonder how many times you're really getting FB or that's just what they tell you. You can never really know for sure!

Kinda like telling you it's decaf and you're still awake at 2 am wondering what you were thinking of to trust that tired, overworked staff you will never see again. :rolleyes:

PIA

I win, you lose!!! You stated thet you cannot get fresh brewed coffee in the MDR with the coffee card with a betcha!! YOU LOSE!!! Just came of a B2B on the Ruby. One day at breakfast a couple at our table asked the waiter for FB coffee with the card - He said OK and got it for them. I would have given him an immediate tip, they did not!!

PIA! HELP!!! What coffee do they serve in the MDR? I drink 1-2 cups a day and wonder if a coffee card is worth it. Also, I plan to have many breakfasts in the stateroom before tours - can you get better coffee there with a card??????? Karen

Question, if you bring your own "mug" to the IC in the morning, will they fill it with the fresh brewed stuff.....:)

OK. I lost. Betcha' doesn't happen regularly. I will be on the Ruby for 40 days as of April 19th, but I'll never know since I never have breakfast in the DR. Besides which, first cup is always in my cabin and fresh brewed; by me. ;)

Karen: same sludge in the DR as everywhere else; including room service. If you catch me, I'll be happy to occasionally brew you a good one. :)

Northender: Yes. I usually do carry my own mug. Or I ask them to give it to me in a pedestal glass. I just don't like my coffee in a styrofoam or cardboard container.

...I ask them to give it to me in a pedestal glass. I just don't like my coffee in a styrofoam or cardboard container.

I'm with you on this. I'd much prefer to have coffee in a real mug or cup rather than a paper or plastic cup. But on the Coral in April 2008, they wouldn't give it to me in a pedestal glass unless I agreed to drink it in the Patisserie area! :eek: I'd asked each time I got one of my 15 cups of freshly-brewed coffee (didn't know at that time I could use on the next cruise), and unless I swore I wouldn't leave the Patisseriee, I got the coffee in the paper/cardboard cup. :mad:

I'm with you on this. I'd much prefer to have coffee in a real mug or cup rather than a paper or plastic cup. But on the Coral in April 2008, they wouldn't give it to me in a pedestal glass unless I agreed to drink it in the Patisserie area! :eek: I'd asked each time I got one of my 15 cups of freshly-brewed coffee (didn't know at that time I could use on the next cruise), and unless I swore I wouldn't leave the Patisseriee, I got the coffee in the paper/cardboard cup. :mad:

They must have liked me better. ;) We were on the Coral in September/October for 25 days and then again in December for 15. No problem getting the pedestal glass and nobody ever asked me to stay in the area. In fact, several times in late afternoon I got my coffee at the Wheelhouse and that's the way they served it.

Archived