Yet another Sanctuary Question

sueb

We are thinking of attempting to "rent" 2 week long chairs in the Sanctuary on the Emerald Princess. Since we are "renting the space" so to speak, are we able to share these chairs with other family members when we are not using them?

We are thinking of attempting to "rent" 2 week long chairs in the Sanctuary on the Emerald Princess. Since we are "renting the space" so to speak, are we able to share these chairs with other family members when we are not using them?

It is my understanding they are "attached" to an individual through a sticker on your cruise card--similar to the soda sticker or the one for the Thermal Suite.

Now, with the above said, you could give your cruise card with the Sanctuary sticker on it to other family members. But, I would think the crew running the Sanctuary would realize this. :eek: Like everything else, it depends on how stringent the "rules" are enforced. :)

There is no sticker on the cruise card. The sanctuary attendants very quickly recognize those who have signed up for the week. If you advise them that other family members have your okay when you are not using the lounges they will have no problem.

Is it really worth $400 for a couple for the Santuary? we have a pretty prime aft cabin on our Transatlantic so I'm thinking maybe an afternoon in the Santuary...but is it really worth it for the whole cruise?

Some people say that they justify the cost of the Sanctuary by not booking a balcony cabin.

Is it really worth $400 for a couple for the Santuary? we have a pretty prime aft cabin on our Transatlantic so I'm thinking maybe an afternoon in the Santuary...but is it really worth it for the whole cruise?

Which TA are you on? Last spring on the Ruby it was very cold and windy in the sanctuary on several of the sea days. Most of the times we walked past the Sanctuary there were few, if any, people there. I wouldn't book the whole cruise in advance because there could be days you wouldn't want to be up there. We had a storm the last couple of days across, and all of the pools were drained,a and the plants were covered and moved to sheltered locations.

Which TA are you on? Last spring on the Ruby it was very cold and windy in the sanctuary on several of the sea days. Most of the times we walked past the Sanctuary there were few, if any, people there. I wouldn't book the whole cruise in advance because there could be days you wouldn't want to be up there. We had a storm the last couple of days across, and all of the pools were drained,a and the plants were covered and moved to sheltered locations.

Thanks for this! We're on the May 1st, 2011 crossing.

Archived