Boarding Picture?

filledwiththefire

So excited we leave for our first Princess cruise tomorrow-- my husband and I have only done Carnival before-- now I'm picking out my outfit to board the ship and I was wondering if Princess does a picture as you board. I know that Carnival does... and that sort of affects what I choose to wear!

Thanks for your help!

yes, unless you can sneak by

LOL, you too Paul? We almost were caught last cruise, but all they got was our carry ons in the picture as we ran by. The photographer remembered us throughout the trip and each time we passed he tried to take another one while he was laughing. :)

Princess photo would not miss a chance to fleece the suckers as many times as possible. With the prices they charge, an arrest warrant should be issued. You don't have to buy pictures but many do. As long as people keep buying, the price will not come down.

Princess photo would not miss a chance to fleece the suckers as many times as possible. With the prices they charge, an arrest warrant should be issued. You don't have to buy pictures but many do. As long as people keep buying, the price will not come down.

Since they recently reduced their drink prices on some drinks to $2.99 that should tell the people something. ;)

I tried avoiding the boarding photo. I had my CPAP machine hanging around my neck. If I could have just kept walking, I would have.

Fortunately, they didn't put that one up for display.

As for the rest of the photo ops, I politely tell them no thanks. The only photos we purchased were from formal night when we posed. My wife liked them, I could have passed.

Our first cruise was on the Dawn Princess out of San Juan. We did a pre-tour to the rain forest and boy did it ever live up to it's name. We got caught in a downpour while hiking. Our very first cruise, very first picture had us looking like a couple of drowned rats - actually is one of my favorite pictures :D!

We decided that you pretty much can't turn around on a Princess cruise without having your picture taken :) But that didn't deter us from having a fabulous time -- and lots of good laughs in the Photo Gallery (I tend to have a "deer in the headlights" look when getting my picture taken)!

So excited we leave for our first Princess cruise tomorrow-- my husband and I have only done Carnival before-- now I'm picking out my outfit to board the ship and I was wondering if Princess does a picture as you board. I know that Carnival does... and that sort of affects what I choose to wear!

Thanks for your help!

......every one is telling you why they do not want their photo taken.....but you do want your's taken....

After you check in and before you board....the photographers will be there for you....to take a photo of you with the ship in the background.....have a great cruise.......:)

It really amazes me how many people just pop in to discuss how they hate having their picture taken and what they do to avoid it. :rolleyes:

THE OP WANTS TO KNOW IF THE CRUISE LINE TAKES A PICTURE SO SHE CAN DRESS APPROPRIATELY

What part of this do you all not understand :confused:

To the OP, most major cruise lines take a photo when you board, as well as numerous other times on the ship. I spent upwards of $400 on photos on Carnival for my 40th birthday. I figured it was all downhill from there, so might as well capture the moments I still looked good :D:eek:

It really amazes me how many people just pop in to discuss how they hate having their picture taken and what they do to avoid it. :rolleyes:

THE OP WANTS TO KNOW IF THE CRUISE LINE TAKES A PICTURE SO SHE CAN DRESS APPROPRIATELY

What part of this do you all not understand :confused:

To the OP, most major cruise lines take a photo when you board, as well as numerous other times on the ship. I spent upwards of $400 on photos on Carnival for my 40th birthday. I figured it was all downhill from there, so might as well capture the moments I still looked good :D:eek:

You take the time to yell at other posters for their answers about avoiding the photos but you must not have read all of the responses because there were several that actually answered the OP's question before your response. Just as it isn't necessary to have multiple people telling her how to avoid the pictures it also isn't necessary to have so many people telling her that she will have her picture taken.

Yes, these are good for a laugh. We usually wait until later in the cruise and pick maybe one for the scrapbook. Boarding pictures are the worst with all the carry-on hanging around our necks. We were boarding in Seattle for an Alaska cruise and they chose a palm tree background for the boarding picture! That said, my DH seems to smile for a photographer where he rarely smiles for a casual snapshot.

Archived