Wine package??

carynman

We are headed on the Glory on May 2nd and I remember reading on a CC post that there was a "wine package" but I can't find it on Bon Voyage. I only see single bottles for sale. Is this something that you can only purchase on the ship?

Thanks everyone!!:)

There are several wine packages available. It will be well advertised on the ship. We purchased our package in the dining room on the first evening. We had a 5-bottle package with 10 wines from which to select. I think we ended up choosing 3 reds and 2 whites. When you purchase the package, they will give you a card with tear-off tabs - you give one of the tabs marked with your selection to your server in the dining room each evening that you order wine. If you want the same wine every night, you can do that - or if you want to try a variety, you can do that too. You don't have to select your wine until you're in the dining room.

There are several wine packages available. It will be well advertised on the ship. We purchased our package in the dining room on the first evening. We had a 5-bottle package with 10 wines from which to select. I think we ended up choosing 3 reds and 2 whites. When you purchase the package, they will give you a card with tear-off tabs - you give one of the tabs marked with your selection to your server in the dining room each evening that you order wine. If you want the same wine every night, you can do that - or if you want to try a variety, you can do that too. You don't have to select your wine until you're in the dining room.

We just returned from an 8 day on the Legend, and my wife ordered the 5 wine package the first night in the MDR. If you don't finish the bottle, you can either take it with you or they'll store it for the next night. We ended up with an extra bottle at the end of the week, and the server brought it to us and we just took it with us (doesn't count as one of those you claim on your customs form....).

Here is the link from Carnival's site:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/carnival-wine-packages.aspx

Planning on doing this myself! :)

Ahhhhh. I was too 3 weeks ago on the Legend.

However, the packages in the above link were modified. For example, the premium package was now $160 and they removed some choices like William Fevre Chablis.

They actually offered 3 packages but I thought it was just too much for those btls so we just had a drink w dinner...

Ahhhhh. I was too 3 weeks ago on the Legend.

However, the packages in the above link were modified. For example, the premium package was now $160 and they removed some choices like William Fevre Chablis.

They actually offered 3 packages but I thought it was just too much for those btls so we just had a drink w dinner...

Good to know--thanks for the heads up!

Just to clarify - you don't have to necessarily get the wine in the dining room. You can hand the coupon in at any bar and they will get you the bottle.

Thanks....

Archived