Heel Tastic

I have seen this advertised on TV several hundred times, and I am wondering if anyone has any idea if it actually works. I have very dry heels, and they get much worse in the summer when I don't wear socks. I use lotion and a foot scrub, as well as one of those scrapers that is supposed to remove the dry skin. I always put lotion on at night with socks, even in the dead of summer when it is hot. My feet still crack and sometimes they crack so bad they bleed. I am desperate to find something that will make my feet soft and smooth, especially before my August cruise.

Hey--try Neutogena's Foot cream....after your bath or shower, use a pumice or rasp on the rough skin...put the cream on...you'll see a MAJOR difference in about 3 days, and a HUGE difference in a week...it's amazing! But, you have to get rid of that hard, crusty skin and callous material. That's a MUST.

This stuff is avail. almost everywhere and it works wonders....Don't walk on your carpet after you put it on---wear socks or slippers!

Hey--try Neutogena's Foot cream....after your bath or shower, use a pumice or rasp on the rough skin...put the cream on...you'll see a MAJOR difference in about 3 days, and a HUGE difference in a week...it's amazing! But, you have to get rid of that hard, crusty skin and callous material. That's a MUST.

This stuff is avail. almost everywhere and it works wonders....Don't walk on your carpet after you put it on---wear socks or slippers!

I have tried that stuff, and I always use a rasp to remove the dead skin. It does not work for me.... That is why I am wondering if the Heel Tastic will work.

Check the fit of your shoes. I see many women with their heels hanging off the back of sandals and your heels will crack from the pressure. I know it does sound odd, but it helped my heels...getting rid of improperly fitting shoes and sandals.

Check the fit of your shoes. I see many women with their heels hanging off the back of sandals and your heels will crack from the pressure. I know it does sound odd, but it helped my heels...getting rid of improperly fitting shoes and sandals.

Nope, that is not a problem for me. I think I will try the Heel Tastic.

I use the Heel Tastic before I go to bed and also a pumice stone in the shower. After a week my heels are smooth. I also have tried other foot care products w/out much luck.

Okay, I found a bottle for less than $10, and think I am going to give it a try.

You might also try going to a podiatrist. You might have a skin condition.

I had one a few years ago where the skin on my heels seemed to peel off. I thought it was a overly dry skin. Turned out it was some condition with a name (forgot it now). She gave me a jar of cream with a medication in it, and within a week, the condition was gone and has never come back.

You might also try going to a podiatrist. You might have a skin condition.

I had one a few years ago where the skin on my heels seemed to peel off. I thought it was a overly dry skin. Turned out it was some condition with a name (forgot it now). She gave me a jar of cream with a medication in it, and within a week, the condition was gone and has never come back.

Hummm.... I have had cracked feet since I was a small child. It used to be much worse, with my entire feet cracking and bleeding all summer long. Now it is just my heels. I will ask my Dr. about it at my next checkup.

I'm curious.....I'd never heard of Heeltastic before this thread, but now I've done a bit of research. I'm just wondering, why would this work better than any other decent moisturizer, or even petroleum jelly? I assumed by the name that it would have something special in it to help remove calluses or something, but there aren't any medicinal ingredients that I can see:

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1%). Inactive Ingredients: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Wax, Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Proprietary Blend of Essential Oils, Azadirachta Melia (Neem) Seed Oil, Pongamia Glabra (Karanja) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Isopropyl Myristate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tolnaftate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

If I were going to buy a specific product for my heels, I'd look for something with a high percentage of AHA to help remove the dead skin.

I'm curious.....I'd never heard of Heeltastic before this thread, but now I've done a bit of research. I'm just wondering, why would this work better than any other decent moisturizer, or even petroleum jelly? I assumed by the name that it would have something special in it to help remove calluses or something, but there aren't any medicinal ingredients that I can see:

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1%). Inactive Ingredients: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Wax, Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Proprietary Blend of Essential Oils, Azadirachta Melia (Neem) Seed Oil, Pongamia Glabra (Karanja) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Isopropyl Myristate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tolnaftate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

If I were going to buy a specific product for my heels, I'd look for something with a high percentage of AHA to help remove the dead skin.

I am not sure how it is different, but nothing else I have tried works. I have been using it for 2 days, and already notice that my skin feels a bit softer. I have no new cracks.... Semi-impressed so far.

Might be the anti fungal? The description from Bed Bath and Beyond:

Moisturizing anti-fungal heal therapy relieves chronic, dry, rough, cracked heels as well as elbows and knees. With natural Neem and Karanja oils that are prized for their restorative properties

My heels used to be extremely dry in the summer. Cracking, and horrible. I went with mother natures best moisturizer. I read in some beauty book, that coconut oil was excellent for this. I picked up a jar at the grocery, and apply a light coat to my heels every night. I put on a light pair of sleep sox and by morning, my heels are soft and lovely.

coconut oil used to be used exclusively in cooking, infact until WWII was the deep fry favorite. Then we swiched to vegetable or lard. America got fatter. Go back to the coconut.. you will love it.

My heels used to be extremely dry in the summer. Cracking, and horrible. I went with mother natures best moisturizer. I read in some beauty book, that coconut oil was excellent for this. I picked up a jar at the grocery, and apply a light coat to my heels every night. I put on a light pair of sleep sox and by morning, my heels are soft and lovely.

coconut oil used to be used exclusively in cooking, infact until WWII was the deep fry favorite. Then we swiched to vegetable or lard. America got fatter. Go back to the coconut.. you will love it.

I might give that a try...

"Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Oil" is listed as the first inactive ingredient in Heeltastic, so it's interesting that you should mention coconut oil.

I went to the dermatologist last month for just this problem. He prescribed a 12% ammonium lactate cream which is available in the pharmacy without a prescription. There are a couple of brand name preparations too, like Amylactate - just be sure it is a 12% strength. It is a nice cream in a tube with no fragrance and it works like magic. I have been using it twice a day plus scrubbing with my foot brush in the shower and have seen a huge difference!!!

I wonder why it is listed as "inactive"??

Because it's only a moisturizer. It doesn't have "active" properties such as anti-fungal. IOW it doesn't "do" anything.

Like an acne cream will have ingredients that treat the acne - those are active, and then inactive ingredients which are either moisturizers or just vehicles for the active ingredients.

Because it's only a moisturizer. It doesn't have "active" properties such as anti-fungal. IOW it doesn't "do" anything.

Like an acne cream will have ingredients that treat the acne - those are active, and then inactive ingredients which are either moisturizers or just vehicles for the active ingredients.

Makes sense.

I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond...

i got some today too...i had something similar that i used from QVC...really helped i thought i would try this and see--my feet looked so GOOD in dec and january when i was cruising...i got two pedis and LOVED them..usually my tootsies arent 'exposed' in the summer...just not that into wearing sandals but since the cruises I LIKE MY FEET..lol...

HOPE this works:)

Archived