Bermuda in Early May

Figsgrandma

We will be in Bermuda on May first, docked at Kings Wharf. The itinerary calls for us to be docked there from 8 am to 5 pm.

This will be our second trip to Bermuda. The first time, due to heavy rain one day and other plans already made for the other, we never got to the beach.

I have a feeling that the water temperature on May 1 might be too cold for actual swimming, but if possible I would like to at least be able to spend some time at a beach the day we're there.

I'd really appreciate any information on what to expect regarding weather and water temperaturein early May, as well as suggestions for a good beach to try.

Thanks.

I've never been to Bermuda, but I'm going early May as well and have been keeping an eye on the local weather. I'm from S. Jersey (and still work here). It's actually been warmer in DE and NJ than in Bermuda since this weekend, but we've been experience some warmer than normal temps. However, the Bermuda low has averaged about 63 this week with highs about 67/68.

I'm hoping it'll be well in the 70s by May, but in any case, I think it'll be too cool in the water for my blood.

We've been to Bermuda in early May, twice. In 2003, the weather was warm enough for the beach, but swimming was a little cool. We went to Horseshoe Bay & facing the beach, to the right, there are smallish, shallow areas that were pretty warm for wading. But, the ocean was maybe a little warmer than the Jersey Shore on Memorial Day! We went again in 2006, but it rained the whole time. We went to Horseshoe Bay, anyway. No swimming, but we walked the beach in a drizzle. It was still a beautiful beach & a very nice cruise.

This year, we are going toward the end of May! The Bermudians don't go in the water until Bermuda Day, which is May 24th this year. We'll be there May 26, 27 & 28th.

Figsgrandma,

Maam as a Gardenstater the weather as you well know even the past two days here has set record highs. Currently just North of NYC, NY and South of the USMA at West Point, NY it is 89 F winds WSW at 16 mph.

It is as that Woodstock, NY man says..it tis a times a changin...

Weather is never like Taxes .. a constant threat..

The Bermudian Islands are wonderful most of the year.

Since your not going to be there a lengthy time ..maybe having plan A Plan B and Plan C would be best ..that way once you arrive your decision will be based on the current factoring most there/then.

Early May water temps for us Middle Atlantic Staters are a wee bit chilly to get ion the water.. but going south to that latitude brings a better attitude..

The Dolphin Swim may be your best bet to get in the waters at that time and those Dolphins are well cared for and trained. Even to just watch is ok for some...;)

We will be in Bermuda on May first, docked at Kings Wharf. The itinerary calls for us to be docked there from 8 am to 5 pm.

This will be our second trip to Bermuda. The first time, due to heavy rain one day and other plans already made for the other, we never got to the beach.

I have a feeling that the water temperature on May 1 might be too cold for actual swimming, but if possible I would like to at least be able to spend some time at a beach the day we're there.

I'd really appreciate any information on what to expect regarding weather and water temperaturein early May, as well as suggestions for a good beach to try.

Thanks.

Archived