Aft cabin on Serenade - should I do it?

OK So everyone is singing the praises of the aft cabin. Here is another opinion.

We booked an aft cabin on our last cruise on the Serenade. We were on Deck 7 in cabin 7674 right at the end of the looooooong passageway. It really is a long walk but we really didn't mind the walk.

However, some of our at sea days were a little rough and the pitch of the ship is really exaggerated at the aft end of the ship. Sallie got a little woozy at times. Additionally, there might not be screws on the Serenade but you can still feel the vibration at times back there. If you are prone to motion sickness, you might want to reconsider. Otherwise, everyone is right about views, larger balcony etc...

We will always stay amidships from now on. Just our opinion.....

• 7 months later...

Can you please say how to did this....we are cruising in January and would love this.........

The only noise you'll have on deck 7 aft is the turn of the screws a little vibration from them and the rush of the sea past your most excellent balcony. You do have to look out over a gray deck below you but that should not be a problem. I would book any aft over any other balcony cabin out there...here's why...

2012kjs.jpg

llj0o.jpg

In 8692 Voyager, we had a guitar party one evening that all the aft cabins enjoyed and we had the guitar player and 9 other prople comfortably seated on our balcony:D The wraps can hold even more people. You can't go wrong and you'll work off the extra calories as well! Love it!:cool:

I've hung my hammock several times on Radiance class afts. My hammock has long ropes on both ends. I string it diagonally across the balcony, wrapping the rope around the balcony railing on one corner and the top of the divider wall on the other corner. There is space between the metal rail and the wall on both ends. Easy and works great!

Yes, the walk is about 60-70 seconds from the Aft to the Elevators. Made a video and am uploading it now. I will post it in this thread when it is ready.

In the meantime, here is the view from 8168 on the Serenade of the Seas which is right above 7172.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

A topical discussion since I just today upgraded to a aft-balcony on the Serenade. This is the sailing, absolutely perfect for a balcony on a cruise where there are two sea days before and after the Antilles.

11 Days Caribbean-Southern

Royal Caribbean Int. • Serenade of the Seas

Fort Lauderdale, St. John's/Antigua, St. Lucia/Castries, Barbados/Bridgetown, St. George's/Grenada, Kralendijk, Oranjestad/Aruba, Fort Lauderdale

1 departure date: Dec 12 2016

Plenty of aft-balconies on this sailing. I thought the price was kind of aggressive, but with RCL I don't think it will come down.