NCL EPIC Family Trip

seriously_subdued

I am thinking about going on the NCL Epic in January 2011. However, I am looking for some feedback about how NCL handles the large passenger load. I realize that this ship is not in service but how about the other large NCL ships?

I recently came back from the Carnival Dream and was disappointed with the way they were not prepared to handle the crowds resulting from increasing the # of passengers.

Whereas RCI had no such problem with the number of passengers on the Indy of the Seas.

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

We are looking at doing the Med on Epic next October and this is my worry too - will we/the kids have to wait in line for each new experience or will this all be ironed out with scheduled times etc?

Most ships are designed to have the maximum passenger load (and RCI 's ships are GREAT at that...never feels crowded!)....I think it depends more on the staff, than the ship, as to how crowds are handled.

We are looking at doing the Med on Epic next October and this is my worry too - will we/the kids have to wait in line for each new experience or will this all be ironed out with scheduled times etc?

Have you read the reviews:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=481

There is discussion in some of these reviews about very long lines. I think this ship is scary big, but to each his own.

Have you read the reviews:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=481

There is discussion in some of these reviews about very long lines. I think this ship is scary big, but to each his own.

These reviews are based on embarking and debarking at one off ports like Southhampton and NYC. I dont think it is a fair assessment, the first real cruise will be back this Saturday from the home port of Miami so we should get some good feedback then and if not I will let you know about my experience when I get back from the July 24 sailing.

Archived