Tortola to Jost Van Dyke

ponies

we had a great day with kuralu, think it would be better then a ferry. Food and drink included, might end up being closer in price then you think. Gary also had a cab waiting for us to and from the port. Worth the money.

we had a great day with kuralu, think it would be better then a ferry. Food and drink included, might end up being closer in price then you think. Gary also had a cab waiting for us to and from the port. Worth the money.

Can you tell me the times of the sail? It says full day, but not sure when it begins and ends.

We sailed from about 9 am to 4:30 pm. We had plenty of time to get back to the ship. We even stopped at a roadside bar to grab a drink and take a few pictures because the view was spectacular. We still made it back to the ship about 5:15. Gary will make sure you make it back on time.

Ali

We sailed from about 9 am to 4:30 pm. We had plenty of time to get back to the ship. We even stopped at a roadside bar to grab a drink and take a few pictures because the view was spectacular. We still made it back to the ship about 5:15. Gary will make sure you make it back on time.

Ali

Thanks a bunch Aligator!! That sounds like so much fun. Our ship leaves at 5:30 so I think if we went straight back we'd be good to go. I also noticed your a fellow Michigander!!

Born and Raised! I have been to Holland of few times for the tulip festival and to visit point betsy. We really enjoyed our day on Kuralu. Gary was an excellent captain. Drinks were served from the moment we got on board. We stayed up at the front soaking up the sun but one of our fellow passengers was interested in helping sail and gary had no problem with that. Our first stop was to snorkel but we went up on the beach and nosed around. It's uninhabited which was so cool. We only had 10 people the day we sailed, I felt like a millionaire on my private boat. After snorkeling lunch was served back on board as we sailed to JVD. We were able to swim ashore at soggy dollar but Gary did bring a few people in on the dinghy. We had plenty of time on the beach here, make sure you try the ring game! When it was time to go back gary did bring in the dinghy for a few of us, too many painkillers:o Some were able to swim back though. From there it was back to the dock and Gary had our cab waiting for us the go back to the ship. We booked last minute and so glad we did. We had the greatest time. I am so glad we didn't just go over on the fairy. We would have missed out on so much.

Ali

Born and Raised! I have been to Holland of few times for the tulip festival

Ali

Going to be a stem festival this year :p .

Thanks again. I can't wait .....though am torn between saving some money and just going snorkeling from the beach at Brewer's Bay. Once I get all the possibilities at each port compiled and compare, I'll make a decision. It really sounds sooooo wonderful and really anxious to "ease some of my pain" too.;)

If you can swing it I would say Kuralu is a must do. By far the best vacation expeirence ever. I would have given up many other excursions just to do this one. It was wonderful. We saw it on the travel channel and new we wanted to go but never considered the catamaran because we were by ourselves and couldn't do it just the 2 of us. By chance we met some people at the beach in St. Thomas that were wanting to go and looking for one more couple. If you are worried that you won't have enough people gary often has other people already booked either from the cruise or on a land vacation so he usually goes out. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

Ali

Going to be a stem festival this year :p .

Thanks again. I can't wait .....though am torn between saving some money and just going snorkeling from the beach at Brewer's Bay. Once I get all the possibilities at each port compiled and compare' date=' I'll make a decision. It really sounds sooooo wonderful and really anxious to "ease some of my pain" too.;)[/quote']

"Stem Festival" - that's the truth! (Hi from GR) :D

If you can get to JVD, do it - you will not be sorry. It is one of my favorite places in the world. In fact, I am planning on how to get there from St. Thomas when our cruise ship lands there next year. Don't just limit yourself to Soggy Dollar. One Love (also at White Bay) makes an excellent Bushwacker. If you can visit Foxy's (in Great Harbour) do it. They make a painkiller using Vanilla Rum (called a Nilla Killa) which is my favorite.

If you can swing it I would say Kuralu is a must do. By far the best vacation expeirence ever. I would have given up many other excursions just to do this one. It was wonderful. We saw it on the travel channel and new we wanted to go but never considered the catamaran because we were by ourselves and couldn't do it just the 2 of us. By chance we met some people at the beach in St. Thomas that were wanting to go and looking for one more couple. If you are worried that you won't have enough people gary often has other people already booked either from the cruise or on a land vacation so he usually goes out. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

Ali

"Stem Festival" - that's the truth! (Hi from GR) :D

If you can get to JVD, do it - you will not be sorry. It is one of my favorite places in the world. In fact, I am planning on how to get there from St. Thomas when our cruise ship lands there next year. Don't just limit yourself to Soggy Dollar. One Love (also at White Bay) makes an excellent Bushwacker. If you can visit Foxy's (in Great Harbour) do it. They make a painkiller using Vanilla Rum (called a Nilla Killa) which is my favorite.

Ok, so now I just can't possibly pass this up can I? It really sounds like an awesome time. Us Michigan folk have to stick together, ;) especially when the winters are so long and cold. I am sure it seems like you are in heaven there.

We went to our local dive shop today as we are contemplating getting certified. All the trees and tulips are in full bloom. Sure is pretty but feels and looks the beginning of May.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Aligator, Dan here from AwayatSea. Hopefully you're still checking your "Port " post. My DW & I are booked on NCL Dawn which docks in Road Town from 9-6 in Oct. Kuralu's website says the daysail over to Sandy Key & JVD is $110. Fair enough with lunch and drinks, but then you mentioned that "Gary had taxi waiting". Was that both ways and was it included in the $110pp price since I understand the taxi to Soper's Hole is about $30 one way? NCL's tour on a powered catamaran is $89 going right from Road Town, but no food or snorkeling stop, just sightseeing near Norman & Peter Islands and St John on the way over. Tks for any info you can provide. Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Ok' date=' so now I just can't possibly pass this up can I? It really sounds like an awesome time. Us Michigan folk have to stick together, ;) especially when the winters are so long and cold. I am sure it seems like you are in heaven there.

We went to our local dive shop today as we are contemplating getting certified. All the trees and tulips are in full bloom. Sure is pretty but feels and looks the beginning of May.[/quote']

Hey Debi, fancy meeting you here! I just started to research our next cruise and there you are looking at the same excursions as I am again :)

Looks like you are planning a b2b on the Serenade for 3/5 and 3/12, we will be on her just 1 week before you.

See ya around the boards!!!! Jane

Hey Debi, fancy meeting you here! I just started to research our next cruise and there you are looking at the same excursions as I am again :)

Looks like you are planning a b2b on the Serenade for 3/5 and 3/12, we will be on her just 1 week before you.

See ya around the boards!!!! Jane

Hi Jane! Small world isn't it? We now are actually going just one week, the week of the 12th. I really wanted to try a b2b but decided to save the $$ and apply them to a Scandinavian cruise possibly in 2012. I really am ready to get back to the caribbean. It's been a few years. This Jost Van Dyke looks like a fun place. Can't decide on this or the Baths. Well, happy planning. Will probably see you around. Take care.

I can't speak for anyone else but JVD beats the Bath's hands down in my book. I just don't get the big deal about a bunch of rocks piled on top of one another??? Seen it, done it, still don't see the great draw. Also, the beach doesn't even come close to matching White Bay. But that's my opinion.

I can't speak for anyone else but JVD beats the Bath's hands down in my book. I just don't get the big deal about a bunch of rocks piled on top of one another??? Seen it, done it, still don't see the great draw. Also, the beach doesn't even come close to matching White Bay. But that's my opinion.

That's kind of my thought....but I haven't been there yet. That's why I am so hesitant. Thanks for your opinion. :D

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, We are a group of 4 on the NCL DAWN 10/22/10 trip, in Tortola 10/25/10 I'm Kevin B. I sailed this same cruise in March and had a very nice time. Jost Van Dyke is a great relaxing day on very nice stretch of beach.

I just booked us with Tortola charters on the Jost Van Dyke Sea Ray. Mention my name if anyone wants to join us on 10/25/10 and maybe I'll share a painkilla or 2 or 3 with ya! (Nilla Killas are my Favorite)

http://tortolacharters.com/excursion...an-dyke-tours/

send email to billdyess@hotmail.com

Captain Bill says if this boat gets full, they have another. Rate is $55 pp (NCL tour is $79) save the money and buy some painkillers! woohoo!

The great draw is that those rocks came up from the earth and made that formation. People need to google the Baths to make an informed decision. The Baths are short for some sort of geological term which I can't remember, not bath as in bathtub. It is something that isn't any place else on the earth. I am an advocate of taking a private tour and doing both, seeing the baths and then relaxing at a Beach Bar on JVD.:D Best of both worlds.

Hi everyone, We are a group of 4 on the NCL DAWN 10/22/10 trip, in Tortola 10/25/10 I'm Kevin B. I sailed this same cruise in March and had a very nice time. Jost Van Dyke is a great relaxing day on very nice stretch of beach.

I just booked us with Tortola charters on the Jost Van Dyke Sea Ray. Mention my name if anyone wants to join us on 10/25/10 and maybe I'll share a painkilla or 2 or 3 with ya! (Nilla Killas are my Favorite)

http://tortolacharters.com/excursion...an-dyke-tours/

Captain Bill says if this boat gets full, they have another. Rate is $55 pp (NCL tour is $79) save the money and buy some painkillers! woohoo!

If you contact tortola charters for sailings on another day, feel free to metion my name to Capt. Bill, Kevin B. from NCL Dawn. He promised to keep my glass full for anyone who mentions my name during a booking before 10/25. If your on my sailing date, I may be inclined to share a painkiller or two.

Blue skies, white sand, clear blue water and a cold drink, what more could you want. :)

http://tortolacharters.com then select the Jost Van Dyke on the right

If you contact tortola charters for sailings on another day, feel free to metion my name to Capt. Bill, Kevin B. from NCL Dawn. He promised to keep my glass full for anyone who mentions my name during a booking before 10/25. If your on my sailing date, I may be inclined to share a painkiller or two.

Blue skies, white sand, clear blue water and a cold drink, what more could you want.

Update 8/17 - corrected the link to website.

It was very cool to see, but reminded us of a water park with all the kids running through the rocks and passages. Glad we went there, but would always spend a whole day on JVD. If you can swing it, get to Diamond Cay where Foxy's Taboo is and then walk out to the Bubbly Pool.

Archived