You 'dam' people will like this...

Aim1

My other half is currently away in Freeport working on the Statendam refit.

Some of the workers have been given a gift for their efforts.....

23646_382645210671_600125671_4342514_22277_n.jpg

:)

Sorry it's the wrong way round, he put it on Facebook direct from his phone.

Love it, want it...............

Aim1, Just a question. Is Theo Hannan, the hotel manager, on the Statendam for the refit ? Thanks, Sherrie

Aim1, Just a question. Is Theo Hannan, the hotel manager, on the Statendam for the refit ? Thanks, Sherrie

Sadly, Hotel Manager Theo Haanan passed away in February. He is very missed by many.

Sorry, should have said, it's a t-shirt, flattened out so you can see the wording :o

Um, think the refit is going to plan, he's silly busy as always and each 'dam' ship has been given less time to get the work completed. For example, he was on the Rotterdam for about 17 days, the Ryndam for about 15 days and this one for about 13 days, so they have to get the same amount of work done in less time really.

Think he's staying on board the Westerdam now, he had been in a hotel but they moved to the Westerdam when it arrived as it makes sense for them to stay there, no more paying for hotel rooms etc. They can't stay in the cabins on the Statendam as they get SO gutted even crew/contractors can't sleep in them!

Sorry, should have said, it's a t-shirt, flattened out so you can see the wording :o

Um, think the refit is going to plan, he's silly busy as always and each 'dam' ship has been given less time to get the work completed. For example, he was on the Rotterdam for about 17 days, the Ryndam for about 15 days and this one for about 13 days, so they have to get the same amount of work done in less time really.

Think he's staying on board the Westerdam now, he had been in a hotel but they moved to the Westerdam when it arrived as it makes sense for them to stay there, no more paying for hotel rooms etc. They can't stay in the cabins on the Statendam as they get SO gutted even crew/contractors can't sleep in them!

Wow! I sure hope they "ungut" them before we sail!

Sadly, Hotel Manager Theo Haanan passed away in February. He is very missed by many.

Thanks for the information. We became quite friendly with Theo and his lovely wife, Helen, last fall on our Vancouver to FLL cruise. My husband and I are devastated by the news as we had planned to cruise with them in the fall.

Yes, It's very sad. Helen and Theo were a great couple. He visited on Eurodam (the day we boarded) just days before his death. He really wanted to view that ship so it was good he was able to do so. He is very missed.

Archived