Hair Dryer + Diffuser

DW has crazy curls and she tells me that if she can't use her diffuser her hair will be so big we won't be able to get in/out of our cabin:D

Question - will the dryers on radiance class ships fit a diffuser attachment, or should DW bring both hair dryer and diffuser.

PS - this woman has really thick hair that takes forever (I know since I am always waiting) to blow dry.

Thnx!

I'd suggest she just take her own. I always do, as the quality of the ship hairdryers is sometimes disappointing. I don't mind something barely adequate for a night in a hotel, but for a cruise, when I'm "dolling" up for dinnerl, I like having my personal tools!

She should bring her own. The RCI hairdryers are tiny, and the diffuser may not fit. They are loud enough to wake the dead, but they don't have any real drying power.

If she wants to save space, tell her to try using a (clean) gym sock fastened with a rubber band to the end of the hairdryer. It doesn't work for everybody, but it works for me! Obviously, she should try it out before leaving home!

Another idea for saving space with a big, bulky diffuser (I know, I have to use one, too!) is to use a portable one. I got mine at Wal-Mart. They are a flat foam shaped cone like device with elastic to put it over the end of the dryer. Works pretty good and costs less than $3.00. Works great for a week or 10 day trip and sure saves packing space!

Kathy

I brought my own hairdryer on two separate cruises and both times, blew fuses, not only in my cabin but also in a few cabins nearby. The last cruise on the Serenade - when I called down to Maintenance, the girl asked me if I was using my own hairdryer - she said to use the ship's because the one's from home tend to blow their fuses.

I brought my own hairdryer on two separate cruises and both times, blew fuses, not only in my cabin but also in a few cabins nearby. The last cruise on the Serenade - when I called down to Maintenance, the girl asked me if I was using my own hairdryer - she said to use the ship's because the one's from home tend to blow their fuses.

This is good to know. However, my hair is difficult and I will still be bringing mine. I do hope that this does not happen - especially surrounding cabins. I would HATE to disrupt someone else's visit. I know though that hotel hairdryers just do not work on my hair. It would take forever to dry and would not style properly and I would be so upset. I wish this weren't the way it was for me, but it is. So, I am crossing fingers for no blown fuses.

Archived