Check tickets!

There's been quite a bit of chatter on here of late regarding whether tickets have arrived or not. Well, just an alert - don't get so excited when they do arrive and forget to check the details.

Ours just came and I noticed that the luggage allowance was only 20kg on the flight tickets. :eek: I rang cruisedeals and they soon confirmed it was 23kg for cruises :D and have since sent me a letter confirming the upper allowance. I know we're all pretty confident about 23Kg being correct - but that may not avoid a bit a of a 'situation' at check-in where they could be dealing with a variety of different allowances based on the type of holiday booked/flight only etc., etc. and try to insist on what's printed on the ticket and charge xs.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else has the same error so you have time to get it corrected. :)

Hi again, when did you recieve your tickets, we have recieved nothing yet:(.

The booklet, which looks like a small brochure, but actually contains the tickets as pages in the booklet, came last week.

You should get yours at the latest three weeks before you go.So if they don't come by Saturday I suggest you give them a ring.

I normally book on line.One year my tickets never came but I didn't think about them! I suddenly realised about a week before.I rang Thomsons and she said 'don't worry I will arrange for you to pick them up at the airport'.I was quite worried arriving at East midlands at 4am- I thought there wouldn't be anybody on the Thomson desk! But I was wrong- she just pressed a few buttons and the tickets were printed out whilst I stood there.

I didn't get the booklet full of useful info but hey ho I got my cruise lol.Incidently don't remove the tickets from the booklet-I once saw someone do this at the airport and he was told off by checking in staff- it's a security breach! I recommend that you read the booklet from cover to cover- there's lots of info on trips etc.

Take a printout of your travel insurance too- you never know when you may have to prove that you have valid cover.

Flopsy

The booklet, which looks like a small brochure, but actually contains the tickets as pages in the booklet, came last week.

You should get yours at the latest three weeks before you go.So if they don't come by Saturday I suggest you give them a ring.

I normally book on line.One year my tickets never came but I didn't think about them! I suddenly realised about a week before.I rang Thomsons and she said 'don't worry I will arrange for you to pick them up at the airport'.I was quite worried arriving at East midlands at 4am- I thought there wouldn't be anybody on the Thomson desk! But I was wrong- she just pressed a few buttons and the tickets were printed out whilst I stood there.

I didn't get the booklet full of useful info but hey ho I got my cruise lol.Incidently don't remove the tickets from the booklet-I once saw someone do this at the airport and he was told off by checking in staff- it's a security breach! I recommend that you read the booklet from cover to cover- there's lots of info on trips etc.

Take a printout of your travel insurance too- you never know when you may have to prove that you have valid cover.

Flopsy

Cheers for all the info:), slightly worried about them sending me the tickets as it took numerous calls over 5 MONTHS:mad: to get the booking conformation in the post.

we go celebration 3rd may first timers havent received tickets yet shall i rring ?

In my experience, tickets arrive between two to three weeks before departure (apart from the well-documented glitches!:eek:). Ours have just come nearly five weeks ahead - unheard of for us. I'd definitely ring by the end of this week if they haven't come - but reading the posts on here it doesn't seem as though there's any rhyme or reason as to when they are likely to arrive at the moment!!

.Incidently don't remove the tickets from the booklet-

Flopsy

Hi Flopsy,

If it's anything like the last book of tickets we've had the glue holding the spine is so weak it will fall apart on 1st reading. Never mind the 2nd, 3rd and 4th reading :eek::D

Berwyn

I received an 'official' letter from Thomson yesterday (separate from the one sent to me by cruisedeals when I rang for confirmation if the luggage allowance).

It was headed 'Important ticket information' and then goes on to say that there has been a systems error and the luggage allowance for outward and return flights is wrong. They then go on to say it is in fact 23Kg (as we all agree!)

But it stresses that the letter should be kept with the travel documents 'for verification' at check-in AND for the return flight too. (I suspect that's where there could be more in the way of problems as we've had to argue the 'conditions' of travel before at foreign airports).

So, it's a problem they've now remedied - but perhaps it would be good to make sure your TAs get you a copy of this letter if you haven't received one through the post.

Thanks for original post. I collected our tickets Sat 9th April from TA for departure on Spirit 7th May and no mention about baggage allowance from staff. Received a letter today from TA - just as you suggested in your post.

Thanks again for your help. Enjoy your trip.

We got a letter yesterday confirming it's 23kg.

Hubby says he only needs 15kg- more room for my stuff then tee hee.

Flopsy

I've got the same problem here with DW, her stuff always migrates over into my case. :)

Berwyn

hi as its our first cruise just wandering is it 23kg luggage without paying the extra weight. we been offered to pay for extra but if its 23kg thats enough i think... thanks

That's 23Kg each for your hold luggage but you also have 7Kg each for cabin luggage which we find is ample - even for a two week cruise. Just make sure you keep within the size restrictions for cabin bags and only one bag each - sometimes they check, other times they don't but you don't want to run the risk of being over the limit. We put some heavier things (e.g. binoculars, umbrellas, paperback, travel book, chargers perhaps a pair of shoes etc.) into our flight bags to keep the weight down in our hold luggage but with 23Kg + 7Kg you shouldn't need to pay for extra.

Archived