Bike cruise feb/2011

SKYBAR STIRRER

FR8-

Great pics!!!! Thanks! We booked this cruise too! I'm told we ride on St Kitts too but not Labadee nor Samana. This will be our 1st motorcycle cruise....4th overall cruise and 1st with Royal Caribbean, we can't wait (though not excited for the drive)!

Melanie & Keith

FR8-

Great pics!!!! Thanks! We booked this cruise too! I'm told we ride on St Kitts too but not Labadee nor Samana. This will be our 1st motorcycle cruise....4th overall cruise and 1st with Royal Caribbean, we can't wait (though not excited for the drive)!

Melanie & Keith

Thats Great!! Don't worry about the drive, you'll forget all about it quick enough.

FR8-

Melanie & Keith

I know the drive you will take as I ride out to Sturgis each year, long ride but it will pass fast with the anticipation of loading that bike on the ship.

I think I was at that spot last week, just after another bike cruise ( from Saint John,NB to Digby,NS.

Big coincidence then, that pic is from Lynn, don't know her last name. She's been on the MC Cruises also, I looked at her photo album on Picasaweb once and get updates from her when she puts new photos up now. Her group just got back from NS also, figured you might have been riding with them.

I know the drive you will take as I ride out to Sturgis each year, long ride but it will pass fast with the anticipation of loading that bike on the ship.

Yeah--not so much the length, since we plan on taking a couple days out and a couple days back (any suggestions on what to stop and see along the way?), but the weather can be so unpredictable--that's my concern....

So will you be in Sturgis this year, we are going this year for the 1st time!!! It's just around the corner! Can't wait! We are actually going early (July 31st) and leaving early (Aug 9th)...

Ride safe!

This will be the first year in 7 we are not going to be there. Are you going alone or with other, camping, hotels??? Downtown is good but also make sure you hit the Full Throttle, and check out the Buffalo Chip website, they have a fantastic schedule this year. Rides to def. do, The Badlands, Custer State Park, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway, Devils Tower up in Wy. It is just a fantastic time in Sturgis.

As far as Pre trip I would stay at the hotel that is posted on Steve's website. (can't post the actual name as they will delete the post) From the Hotel you can catch the shuttle to the train station within the airport complex and go into New York City. I think that would be worth your time. That time of year there is not much more to see along the way. Parking at the hotel is very safe and I will make sure I get the info about parking for the cruise to you before then. You can park at the hotel for the cruise at a special rate but the place I found is really great.

Have a great time in Sturgis.

This will be the first year in 7 we are not going to be there. Are you going alone or with other, camping, hotels??? Downtown is good but also make sure you hit the Full Throttle, and check out the Buffalo Chip website, they have a fantastic schedule this year. Rides to def. do, The Badlands, Custer State Park, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway, Devils Tower up in Wy. It is just a fantastic time in Sturgis.

As far as Pre trip I would stay at the hotel that is posted on Steve's website. (can't post the actual name as they will delete the post) From the Hotel you can catch the shuttle to the train station within the airport complex and go into New York City. I think that would be worth your time. That time of year there is not much more to see along the way. Parking at the hotel is very safe and I will make sure I get the info about parking for the cruise to you before then. You can park at the hotel for the cruise at a special rate but the place I found is really great.

Have a great time in Sturgis.

Me, my husband and best friend from high school are going to sturgis, we are camping near spearfish for 4 nights then 4 nights near keystone. All those road and venues are on our list...thanks!

I booked a different hotel a while back b/c it has free parking for the length of the cruise plus shuttle service. We are still working on the logistics of getting the bike and gear to the terminal. Is it crazy to think it might be possible to ride to the terminal from Staten Island? Looks good on paper...but then Mother Nature may have her say in it to.

Feb. here is probably the same as where you live, maybe a little milder.

Being right on the coast it is a crap shoot. before I found the place I finally parked at I was going to have to ride from the hotel to the pier, about 7 miles or so. But where I will park is less than a mile and for the 12 nights it was 169.00 so I was able to drop off the bags at the pier and then we went and parked and rode over to the pier. If you have free parking for the lenght of the cruise then the only factor is how far to the pier and what ever the weather may be.

I really love the Keystone area. If you get a chance take the road from Keystone to Hill City and have dinner at the Alpine Hotel, They serve steak, only steak, small or large. Have to get there early as they usually have quite a crowd. Have a good trip.

Me, my husband and best friend from high school are going to sturgis, we are camping near spearfish for 4 nights then 4 nights near keystone. All those road and venues are on our list...thanks!

I booked a different hotel a while back b/c it has free parking for the length of the cruise plus shuttle service. We are still working on the logistics of getting the bike and gear to the terminal. Is it crazy to think it might be possible to ride to the terminal from Staten Island? Looks good on paper...but then Mother Nature may have her say in it to.

if they have free shuttle service to the pier and will pick you back up again after the cruise that may work out but make sure it is free as most hotels up there charge. Also check how far to the pier you would have to drive From the hotel, from Staten Island it may be more miles than you want to drive. Until I found the place I park I had all the same concerns as to driving to / from the pier in Feb.

As I understand their shuttle is free and will pick us up...but I will want to call to confirm this closer to. It's 10.7 mile away. Our other thought was to drive to port in the truck and trailer (oh yeah the hotel will keep our trailer too at no extra) drop off everything, then one of us drive back to the hotel and take the shuttle. I guess we will have to see closer too.

Thank you so much for your info...we appreciate it! Will let you know how Sturgis is....

I don't ride--yet, but am taking my riders safety this weekend...if all goes well I will have my endorsement tomorrow... well, only IF I pass...keep your fingers crossed for me!

FR8 and WALLEYE CHECK the web page for the bike cruise. The has been a big price reduction PLUS if you are a Crown & Anchor member check you page as there is a savings certificate for the 4/27/11 cruise.

Walleye how did you do on your bike course?

FR8 and WALLEYE CHECK the web page for the bike cruise. The has been a big price reduction PLUS if you are a Crown & Anchor member check you page as there is a savings certificate for the 4/27/11 cruise.

Yeah thanks, I was talking to Tami about this last week, and again today. My last one in March dropped over $700/pp from initial booking....

I e-mailed Tami about a week ago about the reduced pricing...she adjusted the pricing for us...This will be our 1st RC cruise so we are not members yet. Thanks!

I passed. Yay!!!!

FR8, new pictures on Steve's website, you guys may want to check it out.

Hey, I recognize some of those.....nice. Thanks!!

Had a couple friends sign up to join us 2/27....it should just about be maxed on bikes....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MSG6567-

Just out of curiousity, in general, during a riding day at port, how much of the port time do we spend on our ride & of that ride time how much time is actually spent riding? Do we make several stops...are they mostly beach stops? And if there are beach stops is there enough time at them to enjoy them? Like I said, just curious...It doesn't actually matter.

Archived