Bike cruise feb/2011

SKYBAR STIRRER

MSG6567-

Just out of curiousity, in general, during a riding day at port, how much of the port time do we spend on our ride & of that ride time how much time is actually spent riding? Do we make several stops...are they mostly beach stops? And if there are beach stops is there enough time at them to enjoy them? Like I said, just curious...It doesn't actually matter.

I'll jump in here since I saw your post.....MSG can correct me where I'm wrong. We are the first ones off the ship, once our Hosts get there we are off and riding til usually an hour to half hour before the ship sails, if there is shopping at the port then some time is available for that and then we head in and load up the bikes just before sailing. Thru the day there are a few stops, some at beaches, some at other scenic points, some at shopping, some just to stop, but at lunch time is where we usually spend a couple hours and you can enjoy the beach at those locations.

FR8--

Cool, thanks for the info, we appreciate it...can't wait to experience it!

Your going to love it.....I haven't even done this one in Feb 2011 yet and I'm already eyeing the one for Jan 2012.... ;)

So Walleyes, how was Sturgis?? I am sorry I missed it. Ended up hitting a Moose up in maine 2 weeks ago. Totalled the truck and killed the Moose.

Bike was in the trailer and never moved so I am lucky.

So as to your questions, I think FR8 hit it on the head. We ride, we stop, do a lunch break at a beach usually. We spend a good amout of time riding but the lunch break is usually 1 1/2- 2 hours, The islands are just beautiful to ride on. Now I have done ridden on St. Kitts and Antigua. Both fantastic. There is usually some time for shopping but I bet you will be so caught up with how great the scenery is shopping is a after thought.

Our cruise is reaching capacity from what I hear. It will be a great time.

This will be my 6th and I never get sick of it. You will be part od a special group on the ship. You will find out how quicky people will ask about the bikes.

Walleyes, if your hotel thing with parking isn't a go then consider staying at the hotel on Steve's site. I have met many of my fellow cruisers at the hotel the night b-4.

Any questions you may want to ask feel free to call Tami at ETA and she will give you my cell #.

H.T.F.A.Y.?

This will all be explained at a later time, Lol.

Sturgis was great, we put 1900 miles on riding in the hills, we did leave before the offical start of Sturgis, so we only caught a bit of the real action, but did get a taste of it and can honestly say that I think I prefer the week before, to all the crowds of Sturgis. Ironically we came upon an accident where two riders were airlifted only to find out when we got home that it was my husbands cousins BFF (and she did not make it---the friend that is).

I am glad you are okay after your moose incident...that's kinda scary!

About the ride, I was curious if we would get any beach time so we can bring stuff with to do so (suits--trunks--floaties) or not to bother. And if there was time to shop after the ride...if we wanted to. I personally would rather see more--ride more but was curious how it was...Thanks for the info...

Haven't looked more into the hotel thing...may do so in the near future.

Towels check, bathing suits, check, FLOATIES ??? lol. If you need them.

Usually a good beach stop with plenty of time for swimming etc. Some really nice beaches. Me , just put me in a lounge chair, an ice cold beer and let me soak up the sun.

Looks like a big year for the BIKE cruise. Looking at the web site showing several cruises are filling up and have limited bike space. Our cruise will be maxed out for sure.

Anyone who loves motorcycles and loves cruising should check it out. A fantastic vacation and now since they go out of New Jersey also it makes it even easier for us up this way.

Just heard from a friend in Indy that has been on two bike cruises with us in the past. They are joing us.

This will be #6 for me and already have #7 in the works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It appears that the 2/27 bike cruise is going to be listed as sold out this week. I have done the cruise with the Max # of bikes b-4 and it is quite a sight with us and the local riders that meet us, leavin the piers with such a loud goup looks great. ETA really gives us a great trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the cruise has been paid off and the price keeps dropping. I can live with the price drop for sure.

The cruise is getting closer and I have heard from several people about where I found to park. That place will really like the bike cruises from now on.

Almost time to let the bike "sleep" for a few months with the cold weather and winter approaching. Hibernation ends with some fantastic ETA rides on the Islands. I so look forward to my ETA mototcycle cruises every year, nice break to the winter blahs.

Uh oh, sounds like I better get a call in and reserve a space for the truck/trailer......

Definately liking the price drops......although I won't pay off til it's due......if I'm left owing anything by then. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting excited about the trip too. Talking more about it..planning more for it...We were wondering a couple of things...Since this is our first bike cruise we are unsure of things we really need to take with us.

Like straps? We know there is a bike grab but should we bring additional straps? Is there anything to attach straps to if we did bring them?

How about tools...should we leave our basic tool kit in the saddlebags or since there is a "chase" vehicle, will they have tools to get us going again?

Gas...we winterized the bike with a couple of gallons of gas in it...but what should we have in it as we arrive at port? And do they siphon it out if we have too much?

Is there anything we are missing that we should be planning for?

It was sad to put "Rootbeer";) away for the winter but it's exciting to know we will probably be the 1st in our area to get it out and ride:D next year!!!

Keith & Melanie

PS...we are loving the price drops too!

Archived