Bike cruise feb/2011

SKYBAR STIRRER

Yep only 91 days left.

I will try to answer your questions.

1. leave the straps in your trailer, bike grabs are all you will need plus there are no floor tie downs. In my 5 cruises I have never seen a bike go over, the grabs work fantastic and I have gone out of New Jersey twice in winter months with seas that can be a little rough but no problems.

2. tools, I leave my basic Harley tool pouch in my side bags, but I could just as easy leave them home as on each Island the locals usually have plenty of tools if needed and some of the best guys to wrench a bike if it comes to that.

3. Gas, make sure you are fairly low as they do check the levels. 1 to 1 1/2 gals should be ok.

4. Some things you MUST bring, sunscreen, camera or camcorder as there is some great scenery. And def bring a attitude that your on a fantastic vaction experience.

H.T.F.A.Y.?

Yeah and I'll have a tire plug kit, small compressor, some tools and anything else that makes it into the bags before we head out. I also bring an inverter in the tourpak so my non-12V things (camera) can be charged on the bike if need be. My wife killed camera batteries a couple times last trip, charging on the bike helped.

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I were on the 2007 motorcycle cruise out of Miami, some of you on this board know us. (no we are not the swingers, lol :eek:). We had planned to join everyone for the reunion cruise, but as of last week we will not be going on the motorcycle cruise, but we will be on board the ship. We hope to see everyone again!

85 More Days.

Arlene & Dave

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I were on the 2007 motorcycle cruise out of Miami, some of you on this board know us. (no we are not the swingers, lol :eek:). We had planned to join everyone for the reunion cruise, but as of last week we will not be going on the motorcycle cruise, but we will be on board the ship. We hope to see everyone again!

85 More Days.

Arlene & Dave

Well Arlene there will be a place reserved for you at the Skybar for sure. I can't tell you how sorry I am that you opted out of the bike cruise as I know you take a lot of great photos. See you there.

Ed.

Down to 69 days. Getting itchy. Cold as heck yesterday but fired up the bike, took a short blast, it felt great. The best ride will be driving the bike from our "secret" parking place close to the pier, up the pier road and over to staging.The looks we get from the other cruisers when they see us riding the bikes past drop off are priceless. Then a few days later they understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone, 56 days left and it is time to get in Island Riding mode. It is supposed to warm up over 50 this weekend so it looks like the first ride of the new year if the roads are dry and clear enough.

Got a lot of snow earlier in the week and warmer temps causes the melting then freezing overnight.

So have a safe and happy New Year and for anyone going on the cruise with ETA remember if you need info on alternative parking location I use please call Tami at ETA and she will give you my phone number. It will save you hundreds over parking at the pier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well 3 weeks from tomorrow we sail. Thank God, has been a busy winter season so far and looks like it will continue. We are heading to the hotel on the 25th and do a little sightseeing weather permitting.

Bike is ready, just needs a wash and polish. See everyone in a few weeks. HEY LARRY, gonna make it to the pier.Lol. No sweat, pleanty of ways to get you there.

H.T.F.A.Y.?

To all that asked me about the alternative parking.

I recently talked with the people at the alternative parking area. She was not sure if they were going to be able to accept us for parking due to the unusual amounts of snow we have had this year. They are having the same problem as the rest of us NO PLACE TO PUT THE SNOW. It seems that they keep losing available spaces duw to plowing etc. Now I just got a message from a friend who told me that he called and there are no spaces at all to be had. I just want to pass this info on so everyone can make plans.

Ed

Yeah they called me yesterday and said they probably wouldn't have room due to the snow. I know Tami had us setup at the Marriott for $10/night parking, guess we'll be taking that option and just hoppin a Taxi back to the port after dropping the bikes/bags....and wives of course. Perhaps a few of us can get together for the taxi back to the port. Too bad cause it worked out well last March when I used it. Any other options you can think of Ed??

I called the Marriott and their transportation service is $62.95 for up to 4 people. So if 4 of us main drivers got together it could be just over $15 each, thats not bad, I have 2, myself and a friend coming with us thats driving seperate.......

I have found 2 other places but when I checked the avail. satelite views they look small than Delta. I got a call from another person this AM with the same type message. I am hoping that in the next few weeks we get some warming and they open up some spaces.When I talked with Maureen at Delta the other day the whole problem is the same there as here, no place to put the snow. So when they clear the snow they are taking up spaces.

Call Tami this week and have here give you my cell phone number or give her yours to give to me.. I am going to be there on Fri and if things change I can call.

Archived