embarkment day can I get lunch

dis2cruise

Obviously, someone is not telling me the truth here. Either the dining room is open for lunch and embarking passengers are graciously welcomed or Princess should just stop sending these communications to me.

They do make it confusing. The dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day from noon to 1:30 p.m., but the staff and crew will do their level best to route you to the buffet. I'm sure they have been instructed to try to dissuade people from the dining room in order to keep the numbers dining there on embarkation day small. We have dined in the MDR on embarkation day on our last four Princess cruises, however, each time we have had to be rather persistent in our quest. Once it is clear we know that the dining room is open for lunch and that it is our desire to dine there, the doors open and everyone is lovely and welcoming from that point forward. I agree that it shouldn't be that difficult, but I would guess that either most are unaware it is open or are easily rerouted to the buffet when they inquire, so it helps keep volume in the dining room low which is clearly what they are trying to do.

in one of the main dining rooms instead of the buffet area is this still an option??

A dining room is open embarkation day . It is highly advertised.They shuffle you to the Lido so that they can try and sell you all the different packages.:cool:

Archived