Dawn 5 day Review 4/4/10-4/9/10

heelfan94

So you're agreeing that they don't care. So how am I supposed to believe they will all of sudden care when we board?

What can you say to them that would cause them to change their business model? They read these boards, they are aware of the concerns. Why waste your time and theirs asking questions that have no quantifable answers?

Not to change the subject but I just called to find out what I needed to do to cancel my cruise. At no time was I asked WHY I wanted to cancel. Normally that lack of concern is an indicatator as to how much they care for you as a customer. If they don't care enough that they could lose $1200+ before you sail how can you expect them to care after you are on their ship?

Maybe they read your whining here and were glad to see you go? :rolleyes:

Just a thought.

People offered you all sorts of encouragement and ideas and none of them seem to satisfy you. All it seemed to take was one person supposedly having a bad experience to convince you that it was going to suck for you also. Good luck in finding Utopia on earth as that is what it seems it will take too make you happy.

PE

We're working with our TA and have 2 options that fit. They are Celebrity, HOL. From my understanding you pay more but are treated better. We originally wanted to sail with them but were concerned on spending the difference in price if we come to find out both get sick at sea.

They may be more to your liking. Just a warning though to avoid surprises, both of those lines will add an automatic service charge to your account just like NCL.

You also have to take into consideration that most people plan their cruises around "events" such as birthdays, honeymoons, anniversaries so while you may feel "special" so are half the people onboard! You might be surprised how many raise their hands when asked if they are celebrating a special event.

The just points out two things.....1) Then they should have something in place to recognize events if so many people are celebrating them on their ship. 2) And so what if every single man,woman and child is celebrating an event on the ship. That doesn't make my event any less special.

The just points out two things.....1) Then they should have something in place to recognize events if so many people are celebrating them on their ship. 2) And so what if every single man,woman and child is celebrating an event on the ship. That doesn't make my event any less special.

They do! They give you a free cake and sing to you. Try reading the posts you respond to. I glad you'll be looking for your freebies that are so important to you elsewhere.

What can you say to them that would cause them to change their business model? They read these boards, they are aware of the concerns. Why waste your time and theirs asking questions that have no quantifable answers?

Those quantifable answers are the bases of good customer service. What if I was canceling because CCL offered me fruit in my room for free. Is a $20 plate of fruit worth losing $1200? Nope. But since they didn't ask they end up losing money.

The old saying is a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

They do! They give you a free cake and sing to you. Try reading the posts you respond to. I glad you'll be looking for your freebies that are so important to you elsewhere.

Yes, if I go an track down a waiter and tell them. They wont pro-actively do it. That's the difference between okay customer service and great customer service. I mean any Red Lobster can give you cake and sing if you tell them too.

Why would any cruiseline want a customer that is complaining before they even sail. What's the chances of them actually paying their DSC? They have more to lose by retaining you as a customer than keeping you.

Why would any cruiseline want a customer that is complaining before they even sail. What's the chances of them actually paying their DSC? They have more to lose by retaining you as a customer than keeping you.

Oh yes that business logic has worked for years. No wonder they teach that in business school.

What am I complaining about. How the reviews for people who have come and gone have said the service is subpar, the food is okay at best and they will ignore you?

So? From what I hear they actually EARN them.

You are the one who said it was rude to charge it before earning it, not me. I have always had better service than the service charge warranted. It is sad to me that you will never know first hand, but I am happy that you are finding a line that you can go to with a positive attitude - even a 5 star resort could not overcome the preconceived notion you have formed of NCL. You'll have far better vacation on another line.

Oh yes that business logic has worked for years. No wonder they teach that in business school.

Actually, that is exactly our business model where I work. We recognize customers who will take up more resources than we can ever recover and we politely and happily let them go. If we can help a customer, we do. But if we cannot, it is better not to waste time.

From the customer point of view, if I call to cancel a reservation, I don't expect them to beg me to stay. I expect them to be courteous and take the information. Why would they assume it was because I was unhappy before I had ever sailed???? :confused:

if we come to find out both get sick at sea.

Before you spend a ton of money I would suggest that you take a 2 day cruise to nowhere just to find out that you can handle it. You don't want to be miserable for 5 or 7 days because you are seasick.

We're working with our TA and have 2 options that fit. They are Celebrity, HOL. From my understanding you pay more but are treated better. We originally wanted to sail with them but were concerned on spending the difference in price if we come to find out both get sick at sea.

All you have to do is a quick search on Reviews and you'll find some pretty harsh ones for Celebrity and HAL so don't think that everything is going to be all rosey on either of those. BTW, I have just as many cruises on one of those that I have on NCL and I like them both.

Better put sprinkles on too and when we sing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart", we better do it in tune and without any foreign accents.

Really, these people are not suited for any cruiseline... Hal, Celebrity or other.

Watch out...on Celebrity it's "Hoppy onnibersery to yewwwww.......":p

BTW, some lines have started charging for birthday/anniversary,etc. cakes since so many people wanted them or just thought it was fun to have the waiters come sing even if they weren't celebrating anything.

But never the less go back to talking about how disappointed you all are with the missing mints or not having a robe in your suites. From one of the posts you'll be getting those $5 fines for whining.

I don't like Andies Mints and I never use the robes, consequently have never whined about either, so I'm AT LEAST $10 to the good.:D

You know what's even better then your sad use of sarcasm....if NCL used the fact that when we booked through their website if they and they asked if we were celebrating anything and we chose anniversary if they.....gasp.....USED that information. I know it's so hard for you blind supporters to think maybe just maybe NCL use their heads about something.

But never the less go back to talking about how disappointed you all are with the missing mints or not having a robe in your suites. From one of the posts you'll be getting those $5 fines for whining.

Please let me know if there is a cruiseline that does this? I am genuinely curious. As for the whining you mention. I totally agree with you - I couldn't care less about the mints, for instance. But I would have thought you would be more sympathetic -everyone has their own priorities and NCL can only guess at what yours, or any other cruisers, will be. They have apparently decided that the mints and the automatic anniversary celebrations are not as important as the things that I care about - all of which are maintained . :D;) Those priorities are: excellent, friendly service; a variety of good food; fun ports; beautiful accommodations; excellent entertainment; and fun activities.

I don't like Andies Mints and I never use the robes, consequently have never whined about either, so I'm AT LEAST $10 to the good.:D

That and you are not trashing a cruise line before even experiencing it, let alone experiencing cruising itself. :rolleyes:

PE

. But I would have thought you would be more sympathetic -everyone has their own priorities and NCL can only guess at what yours, or any other cruisers, will be.

Ah yes but all of you only give sympathy to what YOU deem important. If I was saying I'm concerned about missing mints or a lack of coffee makers in the cabin then I wouldn't get treated as I have been. But whenever anyone opens their mouth to say they had bad service or questionable temperatures on the buffets food the cruise god's rain down on them.

Missing mints= whine away

bad service= cheap mean people

Archived