FYI: Answer to Steakhouse Tips Question

Solo1959

It's too early for popcorn, but it's certainly interesting to see this thread resurrected. I can't imagine, for the life of me, why Mr. Pete would go back two months and give this thread new life.

Being you're asking, I'll be happy to answer your question. It is linked to another thread on the same subject. I clicked the link, I read some new responses, and responded.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25144178&postcount=5

Is there a statute of limitations to posts?

Is there anything else I can help you with?

By the way, you've never eaten in the Supper Club, correct? Yet you are commenting on it?

Being you're asking, I'll be happy to answer your question. It is linked to another thread on the same subject. I clicked the link, I read some new responses, and responded.

Is there a statute of limitation to posts?

Of course not, but I keep thinking these tipping threads have been done to death, and I haven't seen anything new about the value of tipping in the three and a half years I've been following along on Cruise Critic. Nothing but the same old tired arguments, one way or the other. But, if bringing back dead arguments floats your cruise ship, then, by all means, you should continue to feed the monster.:eek:

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25144178&postcount=5

Is there a statute of limitation to posts?

Is there anything else I can help you with?

By the way, you've never eaten in the Supper Club, correct? Yet you are commentting on it?

Nevermind!

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

P.S. As always, the final word goes to the lawyerly, Mr. Pete!

Of course not, but I keep thinking these tipping threads have been done to death, and I haven't seen anything new about the value of tipping in the three and a half years I've been following along on Cruise Critic. Nothing but the same old tired arguments, one way or the other. But, if bringing back dead arguments floats your cruise ship, then, by all means, you should continue to feed the monster.:eek:

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Then stick around. I've been a CC member for 13 years, and I consider them discussions. They'll be around in another 13 years as well, I'm sure.

You can avoid any post you consider to be a monster.

Not exactly the same level of service though, is it?

Would you tip the servers if it was a restaurant on land? If the answer is yes you should probably tip them in the steakhouse.

But, if the restaurant has already 'included the tip' are you going to 'tip on top of that'

(My answer: On the ship I do, on land, I probably wont...)

Not exactly the same level of service though, is it?

Would you tip the servers if it was a restaurant on land? If the answer is yes you should probably tip them in the steakhouse.

If you went to a 'prix fixe' restaurant on land and it was clearly stated the the tip WAS included in the fixed price, why would you tip more for the expected good service?

If you went to a 'prix fixe' restaurant on land and it was clearly stated the the tip WAS included in the fixed price, why would you tip more for the expected good service?

Because they think if they do they will be big shots in the eyes of the servers.

When carnival tells me how much of the 30 is the tip i will than decide if a further tip is warranted.

Until that time comes we are being treated as ignorant suckers in this regard.

Because they think if they do they will be big shots in the eyes of the servers.

When carnival tells me how much of the 30 is the tip i will than decide if a further tip is warranted.

Until that time comes we are being treated as ignorant suckers in this regard.

I cannot understand ANY need for this information. Carnival says the tip IS included and SENIOR Servers WANT the Steakhouse jobs. If $29.99 is the tip or $0.29 is the tip, the PATRONS have no responsibility to the servers when the price includes the tip. Anybody that wants to tip more,,,,,,,,,,CAN! If ever I should experience truly outstanding service, I will tip more. I have done so in the MDR, not often, but I have done it. I have received nothing but excellent service in the Steakhouse, as I should. But never what would be called 'outstanding.'

I cannot understand ANY need for this information. Carnival says the tip IS included and SENIOR Servers WANT the Steakhouse jobs. If $29.99 is the tip or $0.29 is the tip, the PATRONS have no responsibility to the servers when the price includes the tip. Anybody that wants to tip more,,,,,,,,,,CAN! If ever I should experience truly outstanding service, I will tip more. I have done so in the MDR, not often, but I have done it. I have received nothing but excellent service in the Steakhouse, as I should. But never what would be called 'outstanding.'

Actually on the Glory in May our server said she never did work in the DR but was immediately placed in the steakhouse.

Actually on the Glory in May our server said she never did work in the DR but was immediately placed in the steakhouse.

Changes nothing. I put zero stock in anything servers say except food recommendations. And not so much there either.

Archived