MDR wine on formal night and french fries??

nchristo

Read in a recent review for Emerald Princess that corking fee for bottle of wine was not charged on either formal night. Has anyone else seen this or was it a mistake/anomaly? Same post said they were not charged for after dinner coffee either. Is this standard for formal night?

Also, what kind of fries do they have at Trident grill on deck by pool? Are they thick steak fries or are they thin shoe string (McDonalds-esque) fries?

Thanks!

Also, what kind of fries do they have at Trident grill on deck by pool? Are they thick steak fries or are they thin shoe string (McDonalds-esque) fries?

Trident Grill/Main Dining Romm/etc. - the fries are closer to shoestring fries, although a shade thicker. Not bad, though. Nothing similar to steak fries, which I don't ever recall seeing on any PRINCESS ships.

Corkage fee can be hit or miss...mostly hit. Don't depend on them forgetting.

There's never a charge for after dinner coffee at the table unless, of course, it's Irish Coffee, etc...

Fries are not the thin, McD style ones. They're actually pretty good.

Lew

I agree with Lew that the corkage fee can be hit or miss. The one night I have noticed that it does not seem to be charged as often is on the last night. Has happened to me 3 time now. That being said, if I bring a bottle with me, I expect to pay the corkage fee.

As for the fires, they are inbetween steak fries and mcds fries. Not shoe strings, but not the big steak fries.

I can't even remember the last time that specialty coffees (even on formal night) were complimentary in the MDR (yes, it has been quite a few years since this changed where there is a charge). Regular (made from syrup coffee is always available complimentary). And I have also not heard of no corkage fee because it is formal night.

Where ever you read this, it was either a mistake on Princess side, or one of the others at the table gave up their card to purchase the above items and just didn't inform the review writer that they took care of the bill. ;)

Princess began to charge for specialty coffees in 2003. I remember it well because that was the first year we took two cruises in one year. On our first one, the espresso and cappuccino were free. And then I read on Cruise Critic how they had started to charge extra--and discovered for myself later that year. I adapted and budgeted it into our cruise costs.

Read in a recent review for Emerald Princess that corking fee for bottle of wine was not charged on either formal night. Has anyone else seen this or was it a mistake/anomaly? Same post said they were not charged for after dinner coffee either. Is this standard for formal night?

Thanks!

In the DR at lunch on the menu left side below the hamburgers was a plate of fries which was "Always Available" too.

Archived