Inside Cabin vs Cabin with Balcony

Adri204

Im planning on taking two cruises back to back and on the second cruise its a 7 day cruise and both are actually 7 days each. I litterly get off one cruise then embark on another one the same day.

The second cruise I will have a roomate that the singles cruise company assigns me and im looking at te option of a balcony.

The cruise will be 499.00 for an interior or a Balcony is 709.00 per person. We will be cruising to the Mexican Rivera and I thaught just once I would love to try a Balcony. But want to make sure its worth the extra money to try just once?

Im from Alaska so really an interior cabin dosent bother me as im used to sleeping in the dark in the winter here in AK.

Thanks to all who reply and sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. Im new to the board,

Adri :)

I think a balcony is worth it, but that may just be me! If you're happy in an inside cabin, then it won't be worth the added cost. I can't, and won't stay in an inside cabin...however, my mom won't book anything except an inside! It really depends on what's important to you!

I think a balcony is absolutely worth the extra cost, though if it comes down to an inside or no cruise, the inside is better than nothing. I would definitely find the balcony a necessity if I were sharing my space with a stranger. Small as it is, it's like having an extra room.

Thanks I appreate it. I was thinking it would be fun to have a balcony and be able to sit out thier and enjoy it after all. I think im going with a Balcony on the second cruise. Why not treat myself its worth it :)

Adri ;)

We just got back from the Destiny and had our first balcony. We were so looking forward to it. It was bigger than I imagined, but.....it also was the cause of the biggest problem we had on board. Next door to us were two people who both smoked. I would say at least 75% of the time we were on the balcony we had to leave and shut our balcony door due to the smoke being drifting quickly into our balcony space and room. It was very disappointing for us. We will really think hard before we pay extra for a balcony again. Had this not happened we would have been very pleased with the balcony room.

We just got back from the Destiny and had our first balcony. We were so looking forward to it. It was bigger than I imagined, but.....it also was the cause of the biggest problem we had on board. Next door to us were two people who both smoked. I would say at least 75% of the time we were on the balcony we had to leave and shut our balcony door due to the smoke being drifting quickly into our balcony space and room. It was very disappointing for us. We will really think hard before we pay extra for a balcony again. Had this not happened we would have been very pleased with the balcony room.

Thanks delta I appreate it. and this gives me food for thaught. I dont smoke and cant handle the smoke so I appreate the input,

Bummer! We have a JS with balcony....that would drive me crazy. Never thought of that....they need their own smoking section.

I think I could never go back to an inside cabin. Once you step up to a balcony you're hooked. My experience with the inside cabin was this. If you plan on spending alot of time in your cabin a inside makes me feel like a can of tuna. The balcony allowed me to sit outside and read drink what ever. The photo-ops were priceless!

If you want good sleep just prop the door open and listen to the waves roaring by. It is some of the best rest I've ever had. Enjoy:cool:

No balcony snob here! I cruise to get to the ports.

I've had a balcony. It was nice, but when you don't have unlimited funds and still want to cruise, there's nothing wrong with an inside cabin. And I went from a balcony to insides on the next three cruises.

I rather like them. I need my light, but not when I'm sleeping!

I had an aft balcony on Miracle in December and I'm going to a little 1A next month.

I've always sailed with DD, so had to pay for two people anyway. Now that I'm sailing solo, I refuse to pay for two people, so it's going to be 1As for me forever, I guess.

Good thing there's lots of "free" deck space on the ship. :D

If I can find a cruising buddy, and have the funds, I'll take a balcony. No doubt, they are nice.

But if the options are an inside and cruising more often, I'll happily sail in an inside cabin.

It all depends on what you can afford. If you can afford the balcony, then go ahead and splurge. If not, take the inside and use the difference in the price for your excursions and onboard expenses (or even to go toward your next cruise).

Our first cruise, late 1980's, was an inside cabin.

A few years later we opted for an ocean view.

Booked another cruise two years later and was upgraded to a balcony. We've had balcony cabins ever since and would never go back!

Karen

Hi,

I am new to this forum and never cruised before, but planning something with my girlfriend too.....and we were talking about the same problem, balcony or not.....but i did not realise that there could be such problem as delta4181 mentioned with smokers....that would drive me crazy and all the money would be thrown away.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and never cruised before, but planning something with my girlfriend too.....and we were talking about the same problem, balcony or not.....but i did not realise that there could be such problem as delta4181 mentioned with smokers....that would drive me crazy and all the money would be thrown away.

Luckly I've never had a problem with smoke bothering me on my balcony. Hope it does'nt happen. But I did start my first cruise with a inside cabin. I just upgraded every cruise. I just have not got the suite yet..I'm working on that though.

I think im going to splurge and get a balcony for my second cruise. I will have an assigned roomate for the second cruise im going on.

Im going on two Cruises back to back. I litterly get off one ship then reboard another ship the same day.

On the first ship Im getting an inside cabin as im cruising single and it will be a Mystery Cruise as in some of us will be solving a mystery on board.

Then my second ship will be a singles cruise and it will be 499.00 for my share of a inside cabin sharing with another assigned roomie or I can upgrade and pay 709.00 for a balcony again shairing with another person.

Both cruises depart out of Long beach and both go to the exact same place the Mexican Rivera.

Its two differnt cruiselines and two differnt expierences so I think it will be fun and ive never cruised before at all,

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

If you are cruising on Royal Caribbean, no smoking is allowed on port balconies. So, just stay away from the starboard balconies and you will enjoy your balcony all the time! Other cruise lines have different restrictions so I would check with them before you book.

Archived