Emotional ?

People are adjusting from vacation mode to normal mode again, not getting emotional. Cruising is SO relaxing, then you have to get to the airport and tempers get short.

Good point....it takes a couple of days to "wind down" and enjoy the vacation - but then you have to go from 0 to 60 and deal with getting home :eek:

I was exhausted.We had to drive from NO, home to Chicago.We ended up stopping early for the night.I was so tired I felt sick.All I wanted was my red blanket/throw and a bed.Don't know if maybe some disappointment at vacation being over or what.Next AM I was fine.

Yes, I have been known to get emotional at the end of a cruise. :o

I have been in tears as I debark.

In my defense, it was because of the wonderful people I had just spent months getting to know on a Roll Call and then spending tons of time with them onboard having the time of our lives...so when it all came to an end I was very emotional.

The plus side is that I now have fantastic friends from all over the world and we have even been able to sail with some of them again. :)

I still tear up a little when we say good-bye but I know we will start all the planning and chatting for the next cruise as soon as we are home.

well, the thought of going back to work does make me wanna cry:D

seriously though , i have emotions when being away from the loved ones back home , about 6 days in....so i guess i say 'YES' to your question:o:cool:

dave

I always get a little teary eyed on the last night when they sing "Leaving Our Fun Ship"...but, then again - I cry at EVERYTHING!!! Commercials, movies, etc. Just to prove how bad I am - I cry every time I see Bruce Almighty - and that's a comedy!!!:eek:

Anyway - count me in the "emotional" crowd.

Ashley :)

I don't get emotional. Usually I can't wait to get back home because I'll have to play catch up at work. There are people who get irritated in line waiting to get off the ship and people who are pushy and obnoxious in self embark lines but not really emotional. On a cruise last fall we were in a large self embark line and a lady and her adult daughters tried to cut in line and other cruisers in line got angry and a CCL crew member told them they had to go to the back of the line. Maybe your friends mean this type of behavior.

My son gets emotional because he misses the people he meets on board and knows he won't see them again probably. I'm always a little sad, but not emotional. After our 14 night Baltic cruise it was pretty hard for all four of us after meeting some great people. I always lighten it up by taking our "walk of shame" photo as we leave. It's a picture of some of us walking down the exit as we leave. We always talk the night before about dreading the "walk of shame".

I always get a little teary eyed on the last night when they sing "Leaving Our Fun Ship"

I'm the same way! And I thought I was the only one.

As for debarkation I'm usually more tired and sad than anything but not to the point of being emotional. Like others have said, I just look to the next cruise.

I always get a little teary eyed on the last night when they sing "Leaving Our Fun Ship"

Count me among the ones who get a little choked up by this. I, too thought I was the only one.

I know the cruise ending is all a part of it-----but once home and I see Carnival commercials on TV----I have gotten all "choked up" and teary eyed. Since our finances are tight-----we dont get to book as often as we'd like.

My situation now---I dont think I have ever booked this far ahead and have 280+ days to go and seeing the commercials makes me teary eyed knowing I still have soooo far to go till we cruise. I am watching "An Affair to Remember" on DVD tonite since I saw a commercial a lil earlier.:rolleyes:

I got a wee emotional at the end of my "40 on the Splendor" cruise last September. I wanted to do so much, hang with the CC crew, and have fun fun fun..I did....I just didn't have enough hours in the day to have as much fun as I wanted to....still turning 40 in Cabo San Lucas with the view of El Arco was wonderful.....I also think it could have been cuz I saw several crew members from other ship and they were so amazing, I didn't want to leave...

Otherwise, no, don't get too emotiuonal...depressed the next day, YES, emotional no...

I don't get terribly emotional, but sometimes a lump in my throat.

We usually meet another couple in the hotel, or in the shuttle, or at the pier. We usually click well with them and see them throughout the cruise, go to shows with them, and really get to know them. So when the end of the cruise comes, you know that these people that you have shared a week of your life with, you may never see again, it is kind of sad.

We met some wonderful people on the Splendor last October, we loved our table mates and the couple we met at the pier, these new friends really made the cruise for us. It is kind of weird that we will never see them again.

The people that we met at the hotel before the dream cruise and their children happen to live in the same city that we do, so there is a good chance of seeing them again!:D

I always get a little teary eyed on the last night when they sing "Leaving Our Fun Ship"...

Count me among the ones who get a little choked up by this. I, too thought I was the only one.

I have shed tears every cruise since 2004 during this song, and on the shuttle/taxi when we first get off the ship, and on the airplane going home.....

I always get a little teary eyed on the last night when they sing "Leaving Our Fun Ship"...but, then again - I cry at EVERYTHING!!! Commercials, movies, etc. Just to prove how bad I am - I cry every time I see Bruce Almighty - and that's a comedy!!!:eek:

OMG - me too (altho too embarrassed usually to admit it) - I find myself tearing up when they sing THAT song on the last night - then I have to say goodbye to the waiters and some of my tablemates.....boohoo :( (and yes I cry at the movies and certain commercials so affect me that way:rolleyes:)

Archived