How do we get to the Blue Lagoon on our own?

tinker

Which of these two websites is the most up to date? They have different prices.

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/beach-day.php

http://swimwithdolphinsbahamas.com/b...beach-day.html

They appear to be the same place but have different prices for children and different toll free numbers to call for more information.

Also, do you know if you can take your own snorkel gear and snorkel there? I know they have a snorkel excursion but I just want to look around a little if it is allowed.

Your 2nd link was not working - here it is again:

http://swimwithdolphinsbahamas.com/blue-lagoon-island-beach-day.html

Probably one of them (2nd one?) is a wholesaler also selling the same 'package' but at different rates? Probably a few 'places' you can use to book Blue Lagoon? Obviously going with the cheapest is preferred.

(and on the 2nd link even on the 'beach day' page - if you look at the 'reservation' box - it seems to be only for the 'dolphin swim'? Not sure how to book the beach day alone - maybe you have to call?)

Which of these two websites is the most up to date? They have different prices.

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/beach-day.php

http://swimwithdolphinsbahamas.com/b...beach-day.html

They appear to be the same place but have different prices for children and different toll free numbers to call for more information.

Also, do you know if you can take your own snorkel gear and snorkel there? I know they have a snorkel excursion but I just want to look around a little if it is allowed.

I just booked with the first website you posted. The price was $45 for adults and $35 for kids. We have 3 adults and 2 kids, the total charge was $205 so no handling or taxes that sneak up on you. Also more great news this was included in my return email.

"Provided that your program is paid in advance we can extend to you a direct transfer from the cruise ship pier to Blue Lagoon Island. A Guest Service Representative will therefore meet you at the gangway of the Carnival Fantasy between 9:45 and 10:00 am on June 18, 2010."

So no Taxi's at all, GREAT!!!!!!

Wow - that sounds great - thanks for posting your information cjalphonso - when are you going? Hoping you can provide some feedback on your return? You too peg013!!! Would love to hear how you all make out!

This is the official website for Dolphin Encounters (Blue Lagoon):

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/

It has all the information about programs, pricing, ferry times, reservations.

I would book directly with them instead of going through a third party.

Your link leads to the link I had posted so it's not a third party site. From your link you find this:

Click here to make a reservation.

Or call toll-free in the United States 866-918-9932 or 242-363-1003. For more information email info@dolphinencounters.com

Visit www.BlueLagoonBahamas.com for more details.

Your link leads to the link I had posted so it's not a third party site. From your link you find this:

Click here to make a reservation.

Or call toll-free in the United States 866-918-9932 or 242-363-1003. For more information email info@dolphinencounters.com

Visit www.BlueLagoonBahamas.com for more details.

Yep, if you look at the top of that site, there is a link to the other site...same people but one caters to the dolphin stuff and the other to the island itslelf.

• 2 weeks later...
The taxi to the Ferry Terminal should be $5/person.

The Ferry doesn't cost anything it's included in the price. You should be able to stay on the ferry on the way back and not get off at the Ferry Terminal - it will take you right back near the ships. That will save on the taxi fare back. Booking independently is SO easy and much cheaper!

I agree with booking on your own but I do like to know what is reputable in the place I am going?? Spend alot of time researching!!

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on The Epic in September and it doesn't arrive until 12pm. We wanted to do the Blue Lagoon Beach day. Will we make the 1.30pm ferry? Ship doesn't depart until 7pm but it looks like the last ferry leaves at 4pm. Is that enough time or should I just look around town.

Are the shops right at the port in Nassau or do you need to take a taxi? I will have my 80 year old mum who isn't a big walker.

We are sailing on The Epic in September and it doesn't arrive until 12pm. We wanted to do the Blue Lagoon Beach day. Will we make the 1.30pm ferry? Ship doesn't depart until 7pm but it looks like the last ferry leaves at 4pm. Is that enough time or should I just look around town.

Are the shops right at the port in Nassau or do you need to take a taxi? I will have my 80 year old mum who isn't a big walker.

In my opinion doesn't sound like a lot of time there? May 1.5-2 hrs? Unless you feel that is enuf? When you get off the ship you simply walk into downtown Nassau - no taxis required....altho there are a lot of other excursions you might want to try? (unless a stroll thru downtown is adequate?).

You can always walk to the British Colonial Hilton (downtown nassau) and tet a daypass - which I believe is $40 per person (and you can use it as a food/bar credit) which gives you access to their beach/pool/facilities...

We rode the 4PM Ferry back when we went last year.

It is literally the last ferry back, as most of the workers pile on the ferry with you. (including the Dolphin and Sea Lion trainers we worked with that day. :D )

If you can't make it until the 1:30 ferry, they will start packing things up, right after you arrive.

The shopping starts right at the end of the pier.

A couple of blocks in every direction from the pier.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Archived