How do we get to the Blue Lagoon on our own?

tinker

I will be traveling with my husband and his crazy single friends. Have done Nassau plenty of times, nothing for us there....but would love to convince them to go to Blue Lagoon (so I can RELAX!!) Do you know if you can bring your own beer coolers. I think I remember them selling drinks on the island, but sure they are pretty pricey. Any advice would be appreciated. Or, if you know of any other beach these guys may enjoy, please advise (i.e. single women and cheap booze :p!!!)

I don' t believe you are allowed your own cooler of beer. They have a full bar on the island.

I'm not sure this is the right place for "crazy single friends". It's very laid back, very relaxing and quiet with not much to do but explore.

Certainly not a "party" kind of place.

There are quite alot of children in a small place, I don't think swilling down some brewskies would go over big.

You might like the public beaches at Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island, or even Junkanoo Beach, just outside of port.

Both would allow your own cooler of beer.

BTW, a case of beer runs you around $40 - $45 in Nassau these days.

Thanks for the advice Scubagirl. I've heard Junkanoo Beach is rather crummy. Will look into Cabbage. Doesn't surprise me about the beer prices. We travel to the Abaco's often and find it to be about the same...even for Kalik.

Thanks for the advice Scubagirl. I've heard Junkanoo Beach is rather crummy. Will look into Cabbage. Doesn't surprise me about the beer prices. We travel to the Abaco's often and find it to be about the same...even for Kalik.

Junkanoo beach has been cleaned up and hopefully will be maintained. There's even concession stands and restrooms that are clean and re-supplied. The only downside is that it's not in open waters. I

Cabbage Beach is the same beach that Atlantis Sits on. There's a public entry point next to the RIU. It's a long stretch of public beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas, or just sit on your towels..

Locals sell rum drinks from thier coolers and there's hawking from hairbraiders, beads, t shirts etc..

This beach is open to the ocean and can sometimes have some strong waves.. depending on the weather.

I will be traveling with my husband and his crazy single friends. Have done Nassau plenty of times, nothing for us there....but would love to convince them to go to Blue Lagoon (so I can RELAX!!) Do you know if you can bring your own beer coolers. I think I remember them selling drinks on the island, but sure they are pretty pricey. Any advice would be appreciated. Or, if you know of any other beach these guys may enjoy, please advise (i.e. single women and cheap booze :p!!!)

How about a day pass at Breezes? Food and alcoholic drinks included. Swim up bar. That might be good for single guys and you could probably find a relaxing spot to hang out too. Haven't been there yet but will probably try it one of these days. I think the price is $60.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Thinking of doing the beach/lunch through the Carnival Miracle. Can anyone give me more details about what you can do here? I know you get a beach chair, but how about any other water activities??? Will be traveling with DH and 10 year old DS. Also, is it private? Don't want vendors trying to sell anyting while trying to relax! If anyone has done the lunch part, what does it include? Last question, what is the average price for drinks? Thank you so much for any help with this.

Thinking of doing the beach/lunch through the Carnival Miracle. Can anyone give me more details about what you can do here? I know you get a beach chair, but how about any other water activities??? Will be traveling with DH and 10 year old DS. Also, is it private? Don't want vendors trying to sell anyting while trying to relax! If anyone has done the lunch part, what does it include? Last question, what is the average price for drinks? Thank you so much for any help with this.

The lagoon is somewhat shallow and calm. Very peaceful. The entry fee includes tubes and mats, but you can rent water trikes as well.

It's a great place to relax and chill out.

It's a small island with hammocks, trails and plenty of shade. They also have a nice bar and a grill as well.

It's privately owned and operated, no hawking on the beach, although they do have a nice souvenier stand.

Lunch includes a burger/hot dog/ or chicken sandwich, fruit slices, chips and a fruit punch.

I don't remember exactly what the drink prices were, but I'm thinking around $7/8.. I didn't find them out of whack with other venues in the nassua/PI area.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570114841yENJJP

We really wanted to take this beach day at Blue Lagoon but technology foiled me once again. I made reservations on the website okay but then I started having trouble. The attachment to the email I received was in a format my computer could not open (tried a windows and an apple). Then I tried the link in the email but it would not go through. Finally I found the alternate website and found a blank form and printed it and tried to fax it to the number in the original email but the fax wouldn't go through! Then finally I tried the contact number on the website but the nice person I spoke to said they can't take money. Only the Florida agency can. I have no number to call them so I guess we miss out this time.

Leaving tomorrow and in Nassau on Tuesday. Guess this was just too last minute. Hope everyone else enjoys it!

Bummer! Does your ship offer the beach day as an excursion? You may be able to book it when you get on the ship. Or you could just take a taxi to the ferry terminal when you get to Nassau and buy tickets there.

No matter what you end up doing, have a great time in Nassau!

We really wanted to take this beach day at Blue Lagoon but technology foiled me once again. I made reservations on the website okay but then I started having trouble. The attachment to the email I received was in a format my computer could not open (tried a windows and an apple). Then I tried the link in the email but it would not go through. Finally I found the alternate website and found a blank form and printed it and tried to fax it to the number in the original email but the fax wouldn't go through! Then finally I tried the contact number on the website but the nice person I spoke to said they can't take money. Only the Florida agency can. I have no number to call them so I guess we miss out this time.

Leaving tomorrow and in Nassau on Tuesday. Guess this was just too last minute. Hope everyone else enjoys it!

You can pay cash(or Credit card) at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal on Paradise Island, just get there 30 minutes before the scheduled ferry boarding time.

Thanks so much for posting that. I thought there was no chance if we hadn't been able to connect with the company in Florida. We will head to the ferry pier right after we dock and try to be on the first ferry to the island!

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for posting that. I thought there was no chance if we hadn't been able to connect with the company in Florida. We will head to the ferry pier right after we dock and try to be on the first ferry to the island!

Thanks again.

Just wanted to add.. this is for the BEACH DAY only, you have to reserve animal programs. Sometimes you can upgrade when you get there if there is an opening, but there is no guarantee.

Blue Lagoon is Gorgeous..

Just wanted to add.. this is for the BEACH DAY only, you have to reserve animal programs. Sometimes you can upgrade when you get there if there is an opening, but there is no guarantee.

Blue Lagoon is Gorgeous..

Scuba and ocalaplat there IS a # you can use. I was VERY apprehensive and pushed for it. The # is 1-800-327-1584 . I've used it twice now with NO problems. All you will need is your order # from the email. they only are open during "business days" which are m-f 9a-5p.

When I read about the times for the ferries are those the same time zone as the ship is on? i.e. the same as we are on in Florida?

Thanks again

Yes, the bahamas follows the eastern coast of the US. EST and DST are the same as Florida.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the subject, I havn't seen anyone mention taking a water taxi over to pleasure island ferry terminal and picking up the blue lagoon taxi from there. Doesn't this pick you up right at the port? Is there a reason why noone does this? Seems a little cheaper and maybe a nicer ride instead of a taxi. Although I think it starts at 9am.

Any thoughts?

Back to the subject, I havn't seen anyone mention taking a water taxi over to pleasure island ferry terminal and picking up the blue lagoon taxi from there. Doesn't this pick you up right at the port? Is there a reason why noone does this? Seems a little cheaper and maybe a nicer ride instead of a taxi. Although I think it starts at 9am.

Any thoughts?

The water taxi is a great alternative when timing is not an issue. It runs every 30 minutes, not necessarily 30 minutes on the clock, so you could be waiting 30 minutes if you just missed the last boat going over.

They drop you under the western bridge. You would need to walk the 2 blocks to the Paradise island ferry terminal, which is between the western and eastern bridge.

It's best to take the ferry BACK to downtown once you are finished you Blue Lagoon tour. It's a great way to get a great harbour tour and a little slice of bahamian culture.

Water taxi's run daily from 9am - 6pm. Tickets are $3pp. They run every 30 minutes and the crossing takes approx 10-12 minutes.

Can someone tell me the difference between booking this on your own or directly with Blue Lagoon? On the Carnival site they are selilng the beach day excursion for $76 pp(includes lunch/transportation). On the BL site ithe same excursion is $45 - but I understand we will need to pay approx $5 per person for the taxi to The Paradise Island Ferry (and back again) - (about $25 for both trips including tip) which means the cost is basically the same? (about $6 difference?)

Is there a benefit to going on our own? The only one I can think of is we can head out whenever we like - not have to wait for a group to gather and then leave as we wish - and not be limited by excurion timing? If on our own we will need to ensure we know ferry schedule/timing etc. With the group excursion (says its 4.5 hrs) the timing of the tour is obviously not our responsibility. Am I missing something? Your thoughts?

I'm not following your math. Carnival is $76pp and booking on your own is $45pp plus $5 taxi pp (you don't need a taxi on the way back because the ferry will take you back to your ship) for a total of $50 pp. So the difference is $26 pp. How did you only get $6??? We are doing it on our own.

I'm not following your math. Carnival is $76pp and booking on your own is $45pp plus $5 taxi pp (you don't need a taxi on the way back because the ferry will take you back to your ship) for a total of $50 pp. So the difference is $26 pp. How did you only get $6??? We are doing it on our own.[/QUO

Did not realize the ferry ride to Blue Lagoon was included in the $45 price (is that correct?) - and that the ferry would take you back downtown (therefore only 1 taxi ride one way to pay for and no cost for ferry?)

So can you confirm your breakdown which is $45 for the BL beach day (including lunch and ferry transfers) plus $5 pp taxi = $50 pp? (that certainly makes it a better deal? and you get to choose your departure time/lenght of 'visit' according to the website: http://swimwithdolphinsbahamas.com/blue-lagoon-island-beach-day.html

Thanks!

P.S. Looks like we dock at 7 am - so I guess if we want to we can make the 8:30 am ferry? (unless we are too tired? - in which case we sleep in have a leisurely breakfast and catch the 10:40 am ferry) and must return on the 2 pm - cuz the 4 pm is cutting it too close for a 5pm ship departure!:eek:

I'm not following your math. Carnival is $76pp and booking on your own is $45pp plus $5 taxi pp (you don't need a taxi on the way back because the ferry will take you back to your ship) for a total of $50 pp. So the difference is $26 pp. How did you only get $6??? We are doing it on our own.[/QUO

Did not realize the ferry ride to Blue Lagoon was included in the $45 price (is that correct?) - and that the ferry would take you back downtown (therefore only 1 taxi ride one way to pay for and no cost for ferry?) All Correct

So can you confirm your breakdown which is $45 for the BL beach day (including lunch and ferry transfers) plus $5 pp taxi = $50 pp? (that certainly makes it a better deal? and you get to choose your departure time/lenght of 'visit' according to the website: http://swimwithdolphinsbahamas.com/blue-lagoon-island-beach-day.html

Thanks!

P.S. Looks like we dock at 7 am - so I guess if we want to we can make the 8:30 am ferry? (unless we are too tired? - in which case we sleep in have a leisurely breakfast and catch the 10:40 am ferry) and must return on the 2 pm - cuz the 4 pm is cutting it too close for a 5pm ship departure!:eek:

We will be doing this for the first time Dec 1st, but information on this board confirms that it's just $50pp total if you just stay on the ferry on the way back so you don't need another taxi. Of course, I'm sure we'll be spending money on drinks while we are there.

I'm hoping it's as easy as everyone says because I would much rather not be tied to the ship's excursion times. We don't arrive in port until 8am so we won't make the 8:30 ferry but we'll be on the next one since we'll have to take the 2pm ferry back too since we leave at 5pm and will have to be back no later than 4:30.

I tried to edit my last post to add this info but it was too late. :(

I followed your link. I hadn't seen that website before. Here is the one I was looking at: http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/beach-day.php

Odd....the toll free numbers are different and the kids price is $35 on the website I linked and $45 on the website you linked???? Anyone know why two different websites and prices for the same place?

I followed your link. I hadn't seen that website before. Here is the one I was looking at: http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/beach-day.php

Odd....the toll free numbers are different and the kids price is $35 on the website I linked and $45 on the website you linked???? Anyone know why two different websites and prices for the same place?

I just looked at your link and it also says $45? Where do you see $35 (that is the price for kids)...

Blue Lagoon All inclusive Beach Day

Adult $45

Kids $35

Blue Lagoon Premium Water Sports (in addition to Noodles, Inner-Tubes and Mats)

Kayaks $10 (30 minutes)

Water Bikes $15 (30 minutes)

Snorkeling Tour $15 (40 minutes max)

I just looked at your link and it also says $45? Where do you see $35 (that is the price for kids)...

That's what I said - my link the kids are $35, your link the kids are $45. Both say $45 for adults, but different toll free numbers. (I'm not taking kids so it really doesn't affect me, but it would anyone that is taking kids along.)

Blue Lagoon All inclusive Beach Day

Adult $45

Kids $35

Blue Lagoon Premium Water Sports (in addition to Noodles, Inner-Tubes and Mats)

Kayaks $10 (30 minutes)

Water Bikes $15 (30 minutes)

Snorkeling Tour $15 (40 minutes max)

From your link:

Tour Prices

Our Price Retail Price You Save

Adult: $45 $50 $5

Child: 45 $50 $5

Which of these two websites is the most up to date? They have different prices.

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/beach-day.php

http://swimwithdolphinsbahamas.com/b...beach-day.html

They appear to be the same place but have different prices for children and different toll free numbers to call for more information.

Also, do you know if you can take your own snorkel gear and snorkel there? I know they have a snorkel excursion but I just want to look around a little if it is allowed.

Archived