Leave Blue Lagoon at 1pm/Ship departs at 2??

We<3WDW

That would be close for my comfort! You're required to be back on the ship at least half an hour before sailing.

Is the ferry going to drop you off at the cruise dock or at the Paradise Island Ferry terminal. Because if it's the ferry terminal, you'll still need to catch at cab to get back to the ship.

I don't think I would do that unless I had booked the excursion through the cruise line.

i'm not sure if she meant that we would take the ferry with the cruise group, but i wasn't booking thru carnival because we want to do the dolphin swim and carnival only offers the beach day. i've heard some say you could get there and back on the boat with the cruise group directly from the ship and others that say if you don't book with the ship you have to take the paradise island ferry. i'm so confused...this is our first cruise and i think i'm already ready for it to be our last. we don't have time in nassau for much of anything.

we get there at 8:30. it sounds like the only thing we can really do is a beach day. that's ok i guess, but we were really hoping for something more fun and memorable for dd11. our other ports are st thomas and st martin. no dolphin swims there that i can find. carnival does offer the dolphin swim at atlantis, but i think we would much rather do blue lagoon.

we get there at 8:30. it sounds like the only thing we can really do is a beach day. that's ok i guess' date=' but we were really hoping for something more fun and memorable for dd11. our other ports are st thomas and st martin. no dolphin swims there that i can find. carnival does offer the dolphin swim at atlantis, but i think we would much rather do blue lagoon.[/quote']

Please don't give up! We absolutely fell in love with Blue Lagoon last month! If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to do a dolphin encounter as well if that's what you choose but even if you don't it will absolutely be memorable for your family! You are still able to see the dolphins up close as well as the sealions and the beach and island are amazing!

You may have been reading something I've written previously in regards to going with the group from the ship - we did this! We just had to ask the people at Blue Lagoon and it was no problem at all. Just email them! That will make sure you're back in time to get back on the ship. If there's an excursion to book through the ship that day then those people have to get back on time so you can just make sure you're with them.

If it makes you feel better this was our first cruise and I was very worried about booking things independently etc but it couldn't have been easier! We had a really great day!

Why don't you book the beach day through Carnival (assuming it's a Thursday or Sunday, so you can't book directly with BL), and book the dolphin enounter directly with BL?

thought about that, but just can't bring myself to pay $76 pp to Carnival plus $185 for the dolphins.

Is it a Thursday or Sunday that you're going to be in Nassau? We were there last week and booked everything directly with Blue Lagoon. If booking the encounter, you have access to the beach for free (assuming it's not Thursday or Sunday). Also, when we left Blue Lagoon, our tender boat took us directly back to the ship. The tender ride from Blue Lagoon to the ship's pier was approximately 20-25 minutes. Allow yourself a good 10 minutes to get through the cluster of the shopping and security and depending on where the ship is docked, another 5 minutes to get back to the ship. It may be cutting it a little close.

We loved Blue Lagoon. It was our favorite excursion for any cruise.

I think the final ferry of the day (3pm?) takes you directly to the cruise terminal, and all others take you back to the Paradise Island ferry terminal. However, I could be wrong.

Whatever time you get to spend there would be well worth the trip. :)

What happens on Thursday or Sunday? We will be Nassau on a Sunday and are thinking of doing this excursion. Is it a different tour on these days?

Thanks for your help.

They are closed to the public and only open to cruise ships on those days and you have to book it through Carnival.

Archived