Show me your aft!

jhale

the aft cabins across the back are laid out the same as on the side.

the only difference is the two middle ones--- which will be a few inches smaller and no reported sofa.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2319544980098669841NIvPmw

the aft balconies are larger- I can not see a lounge chair out there as it will take up your space

empress deck 7 is the best deck-- see if you can chose another cabin for the sofa

We had 2 loungers on our deck 7 aft extended on Destiny. It's well worth it.

the aft cabins across the back are laid out the same as on the side.

the only difference is the two middle ones--- which will be a few inches smaller and no reported sofa.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2319544980098669841NIvPmw

the aft balconies are larger- I can not see a lounge chair out there as it will take up your space

empress deck 7 is the best deck-- see if you can chose another cabin for the sofa

My PVP sent me this:

Cabin 7330 8M 185 sq ft room/60 sq ft balcony

Beds: twin/king

View: window and aft-view extended balcony connecting balconies: 7333

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Cabin 7328 8M 185 sq ft room/60 sq ft balcony

Beds: twin/king

View: window and aft-view extended balcony connecting balconies: 7326

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Both cabins seem to have a sofa.

What to do, what to do...

We had 2 loungers on our deck 7 aft extended on Destiny. It's well worth it.

Do you remember your cabin #?

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Dream last week, and we had cabin # 9475 - and aft wrap. In all my research I could not find a good pic of that cabin. So, here are some. Please note- there is no couch. Also- there was no issue with using the lights on the balcony at night.

IMG_5098.jpg

Looking in from cabin door

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

back corner where the bathroom door is, and the door to the balcony.

IMG_5102.jpg

Balcony looking to the right of the door

IMG_5103.jpg

Balcony looking to the left of the door.

It was a nice room, and a HUGE blacony! We really liked the room, and spent lots of time out on the balcony.

Our last cruise on the Ecstasy we got upgraded to a aft extended balcony from a interior cabin. That balcony was beautiful, much nicer then the balconies on the sides of the ship. I would not book one myself, I think they're too expensive. I'd rather cruise more often in a interior then pay the extra money for a balcony or ocean view.

But when the upgrade fairy makes you a deal you can't refuse, it's a no brainer. No wind, quiet, and the view was great.

aft_balcony.jpg

aft_balcony2.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

I am looking for 7440 (aft corner) on the Glory. Trying to decide between the aft and the junior suite forward... The site "says the 9C cat. only has 35 sq ft balcony" whereas the Junior suite has "85 sq ft balcony". Any body know what is correct?

Great pictures! Do you know if the partition can be opened to the balcony next door - room 6485?

I have 7440 on the Glory booked over Xmas but now am torn between that one and a Junior suite 9206 way up front. Any recommendations or opinions???

• 2 weeks later...

Booked on first Aft Wrap, Valor 6452, Thanksgiving 2012. Will post pics when we return. First time in an aft cabin. Had other balconies next to the aft and had no problem with noises etc. so am very interested in the difference. Too bad it is still 5 weeks away:)

We have booked this room for June 2012. Do you have any pictures of the inside and the balcony? That is a fantastic view and I can't wait.

Sorry it took so long to respond :)

Here are a few pics:

CRUISE_2010164.jpg

CRUISE_2010049-1.jpg

CRUISE_2010093.jpg

I loved the aft the ship. It's warm, no wind, and the views are spectacular!

Booked on first Aft Wrap, Valor 6452, Thanksgiving 2012. Will post pics when we return. First time in an aft cabin. Had other balconies next to the aft and had no problem with noises etc. so am very interested in the difference. Too bad it is still 5 weeks away:)

We just upgraded from an extended aft to an aft wrap on Destiny, sailing in only 11 days. Ready for the extra cost? $10.00! I don't want to like it too much because DH and I always book a regular balcony cabin on the Lido Deck. This upcoming cruise is a special getaway for Mom and me.

I'll let you know whether or not we like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't resist this thread. Here are a few from Alaska this last September on the Spirit. The weather and view from our Aft Balcony was spectacular! And - don't forget the calming churn of the propellors! :p Two cruises, two Aft cabins. We are hooked on them.

1663763219_GlacierBay-56.jpg.46005459419217ab11ef7164aedc6e2a.jpg

JN5.jpg.0c6d6a14904250f4882d049081902bbb.jpg

2036513588_LvngKetch29.jpg.ed8646574a64888c09bcdfae2ba0e009.jpg

Edited by TB08

I recently booked an aft wrap on the Splendor, sailing this summer. I am having some serious second thoughts because of comments to the effect that it's really hot back there, very little breeze and virtually no overhang. Slying or sitting out there is like constantly being in the sun.

I am considering booking a cat 11 or 12. What do you guys think?

Dh and I are going to be in our first Aft Wrap on Miracle in 3 months! I can't wait. Being from Minnesota, I will be welcoming as much sun and heat as possible! :D I'm sure we'll be leaving during -30 degree temps and snow. Anyone have pics of Miracle Cabin #6329?

This is all I can find for now but I have others. Many photos looking up, down, sideways etc. I have previously uploaded them to another website too where you can see cruise cabin photos but I do not remember the name of that site at this moment (brain fluff*):o

We had one corner and my brother and his wife had the other. I'll keep searching and post at another time for the other photos. I have tons...I just can't remember where they are stored lol.:cool:

I recently booked an aft wrap on the Splendor, sailing this summer. I am having some serious second thoughts because of comments to the effect that it's really hot back there, very little breeze and virtually no overhang. Slying or sitting out there is like constantly being in the sun.

I am considering booking a cat 11 or 12. What do you guys think?

We had an aft wrap on the Spirit (similar itinerary though different ship) and yes it was hot when the ship was in port, but there was a breeze while at sea due to the size of the balcony. You'll probably be off the ship on port days anyway, right?

Watching the stars at night with the sound of the wake serenading you, is so relaxing. Then there are the sunrises and sunsets! We had no trash or noise issues as others have mentioned. We were on the Panorama deck, just below the Lido. I would keep the cabin if I were you. Depending on the time of day and how the ship is positioned, you still might be able to sit on your balcony during the morning or afternoon.

Edited by GoingWithTheFlow