Show me your aft!

jhale

Yes ..If you go to the BBB you will find our settlement..It was not the money for the balcony lights as the settlement ..it was not informing a buyer of a service of the details ...Ppl get the aft wraps for the use of the balcony..if one can't use the balcony for a period of time on a cruise and they are not informed then how is one to make an informed decision on how and if they want to spend their money on it...Thats why a received a check..for them Not informing me that the lights were not useable on a part of our cruise.

Maybe its me since I've never had an Aft balcony but why cant you use the balcony just because its dark. I would enjoy sitting out there at night in the dark I would think. Sounds Peaceful to me. Can't you turn on the room lights to use for lighting and be able to sit on the balcony? I'm in the process of booking my next cruise on the Destiny and considering an Aft balcony so I'm curious about this.

Maybe its me since I've never had an Aft balcony but why cant you use the balcony just because its dark. I would enjoy sitting out there at night in the dark I would think. Sounds Peaceful to me. Can't you turn on the room lights to use for lighting and be able to sit on the balcony? I'm in the process of booking my next cruise on the Destiny and considering an Aft balcony so I'm curious about this.

Sailing Destiny today. :D We have an aft wrap ond deck 7. It's my first aft cabin, we have always booked regular balconies on the Lido Deck. I'll let you know how it is when we get back on Monday.

Here are photos from Vista Suite #8273 on the Miracle (aft wrap)....We are officially spoiled!! Looking to book this cabin (or one like it) for future cruises...it was awesome!! Separate LR and BR with a deluxe bathroom, walk in closet and huge vanity area in between...

bermuda2011019.jpg

bermuda2011017.jpg

bermuda2011009.jpg

bermuda2011011.jpg

bermuda2011001.jpg

Edited by AnitaVacation

Sailing Destiny today. :D We have an aft wrap ond deck 7. It's my first aft cabin, we have always booked regular balconies on the Lido Deck. I'll let you know how it is when we get back on Monday.

I was suppose to be on that boat with you but switched back to Oct 12th and got booted by the Kiss Kruise :mad:. Enjoy and please let me know how you loved the balcony!

So I had an aft on the RC Brilliance a couple years ago in the Med. Seriously can't get better than sailing into Venice with a complete view! It was wonderful. This cruise was my TA friend and I and of course the cruise was at her almost "free" rate....so I could never afford it!!!

So, we are booked in a corner aft wrap on the Magic in March--cabin 9472. We know that the balcony is narrow and the room is without a couch. BUT, we think that the privacy and feeling of having a corner of the ship to ourselves will be great! Plus, you can't beat the price!!

So how far in advance do people typically book these aft cabins? DH can't get his leave approved more than 30 days in advance, so we always have to book last minute. I'm thinking we'd be out of luck trying to score an aft cabin. Has anyone ever been able to get one within 30 days of sailing?

Hi We returned from the Liberty Room 8449 next door to your aft one. I had a tour of the room and deck. The deck had about 6 chairs and a couple of small square tables. They are lined up in a row - not room to sit across from each other. I do have some pics of the balcony but not sure how to put photos on here. I could send them to you by email if interested. What was nice about the aft compared to our balcony is that there was more sun on the balcony. We had a overhand so therefore did not get any sun. Our room was Very large compared to the one you are booked in. Let me know if you have any questions.

We'd be interested in seeing your pictures, could you email them to me at dmswann@live.com. Thanks! We are booked in #7440 this Dec. 29th and are getting more excited everyday.

PS I know exactly where Regina is! ;)

I was wondering the same thing!! Why couldn't you use your balcony in the dark? We have had 20+ balconies, 4 afts and have not one time ever turned the light on, on the balcony!! Don't understand why you would even want a light on the balcony. It is just so peaceful sitting in the dark watching the stars & shooting stars!!

I have to wait 15 whole months before we have our first aft balcony. :( Really excited about it though. :)

I, too, don't understand why someone would think they can't use their balcony at night if the light doesn't come on. I can't recall ever wanting the light on at night when we were out on our balcony. We enjoy sitting in the dark, listening to the sounds of the water, and looking up at the stars and talking with each other about our day. No need for a light. And if we do want light, we just leave the lights on in the stateroom, they give just enough light to the balcony. I suppose if someone wanted to read out there they would need light, but just bring a personal book light for that.

Edited by Yvonne

One of the finer parts of any aft balcony is enjoying it at night,late, or just before the sun rises in the morning. The sea and stars......

Have you ever watched for shooting stars, dimly lit islands in the distance or passing ships?

March can't get here soon enough!

• 1 month later...
Booked Carnival Magic Extended Aft Cabin 8468--anyone had this cabin & if so any pictures of cabin & or balcony.

We'll be in that cabin 2 weeks after you finish your cruise - if you leave anything behind let me know (unless it's alcohol of course...) :-)

We have sailed in 6 aft balconies, 5 suite cabins on Princess, Royal Caribbean and Carnival (Legend) and balcony on NCL. Carnival has been our least favorite. The room was much smaller and while the balcony is verrrry long, it is very narrow. The lounger had to be placed parallel to the railing and it was too narrow for dining. Princess has been our favorite, large rooms and much wider balconies. A751 on the Crown is awesome. That said, we are in a aft wrap on the Magic for New Year's cruise. It is a 9C cabin and the balcony looks wider. Hope so!! We love aft balconies.

I'm booked for a cruise on the Conquest out of New Orleans in January of 2013. Our group is about half Saints and Sinners veterans and about half cruisers who are either new to cruising or haven't cruised specifically with us before. We already have the entire aft booked on deck 7, including the two wrap cabins and the two over-sized cabins on the other side of the wraps. We are really excited about this cruise. Carnival may have trouble recovering after we've gone. :D

We'll be in that cabin 2 weeks after you finish your cruise - if you leave anything behind let me know (unless it's alcohol of course...) :-)

Thanks, will definitely let you know if we leave anything behind--but, I can promise you it won't be alcohol!! LOL Maybe some empties!!