How easy is it to request table change?

Dizzneefan

We're leaving next Monday and we would like to have a table for two. In most of our previous cruises, we've gone with groups that filled a table, but sometimes we've been with other guests and as it is our 25th anniversary, my wife would rather have a table for just the two of us this trip.

Our plans are to go to the Dining Room as soon as possible after boarding and requesting a table for us. Are those requests usually accomodated, or just how difficult is it to get a change in seating?

It's a bit of a hit and miss proposition. Many of the tables for two are allocated to the Your Time dining reservations so they may be a tad on the short side.

The earlier you meet with the Maitre d' the better your chances...

:)

Your plan sounds good but there is another alternative..... You might want to consider reservations in the supper club the night of your anniversary.

I believe they can more easily accomodate your table for two request.

You will also get a special experience there and you can still sit with other couples in the main dining room the other nights and learn from their experiences on the cruise.

p.s. you do know that you can bring a bottle of champagne in your CARRY ON (not checked) luggage for that night right?

Your plan sounds good but there is another alternative..... You might want to consider reservations in the supper club the night of your anniversary.

I believe they can more easily accomodate your table for two request.

You will also get a special experience there and you can still sit with other couples in the main dining room the other nights and learn from their experiences on the cruise.

p.s. you do know that you can bring a bottle of champagne in your CARRY ON (not checked) luggage for that night right?

Yes, and since we're having a Vow Renewal Ceremony with the Captain, it includes champagne and a 2 tier cake. The bottle of champagne is one thing, but how are two people gonna eat a 2 tier cake? I mean, it's not like we'll be going hungry while on board!

Just be sure you are at the dining room before it says the M'D will be available. Sometimes they will have you wait in the library so there isn't a huge crowd standing around. Don't worry they do know what order the first people are in. Then just go in, be super polite and ask if there's anyway you can get a table for 2 for yourself and your wife. Doubt you'll have a problem. We got ours changed instantly but sometimes you have to wait to see if you get a change confirmation in your room later that day.

........but how are two people gonna eat a 2 tier cake? !

:D Share! After your vows renewal, ask a waiter to take the rest of the cake to the kitchen and have your waiter bring it to the table for dinner the next evening - and share w/your tablemates (if you have any) or the folks at the next table. A gesture that will be appreciated, I'm sure.

Congrats on the 25th.

We're leaving next Monday and we would like to have a table for two. In most of our previous cruises, we've gone with groups that filled a table, but sometimes we've been with other guests and as it is our 25th anniversary, my wife would rather have a table for just the two of us this trip.

Our plans are to go to the Dining Room as soon as possible after boarding and requesting a table for us. Are those requests usually accomodated, or just how difficult is it to get a change in seating?

You could try offering a GRANT or HAMILTON to the Maitre d' .

That would probably:D guarantee you a table for two! (jk – kinda;))

Be careful with your two person table request. Ask to see if before you commit to that table.

Our table for 2 was a table for 6 that was seperated by mere inches between and we were seated in the middle- very uncomfortable for us.

Yes, and since we're having a Vow Renewal Ceremony with the Captain, it includes champagne and a 2 tier cake. The bottle of champagne is one thing, but how are two people gonna eat a 2 tier cake? I mean, it's not like we'll be going hungry while on board!

We are celebrating our 25th too! Tell me more about the Vow Renewal you set up please!

We booked that through our TA, but you can access it through the website as well.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/weddings/weddings.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_68

They have a couple of different packages. One is $389.00 and the other is $735.00. The price is determined by the number of guests you will have.

The Captain does the ceremony and you receive an 8x10 photo and (surprise surprise) more pictures which you can purchase. You'll also get a cake, champgne flutes, long stemmed rose and a boutonnier, and wine. This can accomate up to 8 guests.

The other package is the same with a one hour open bar with canapes.

The ceremony must take place on an "at sea" day and must be paid booked and paid in full at least 7 days prior to sailing.

Congrats on your 25th!

Our plans are to go to the Dining Room as soon as possible after boarding and requesting a table for us. Are those requests usually accommodated, or just how difficult is it to get a change in seating?

We were able to change ours easy, when on the triumph, from Paris to London within one day, we change dinning rooms and got the earlier time.

Archived