Any Rusty Wallace Fans?

MyImagination

I plan my cruise around when the race seaon starts. We are coming home on Superbowl Sunday. Last year, we left on Superbowl Sunday.

We missed the "wardrobe malfunction" because we were at muster drill.

If I could cruise with #3, I would pay any price.:(

I should lay off Rusty and my perception of him as a whinner. I'm sure he's a great person and he's been great for the sport.

As a side note: A few years back, before NASCAR became SOOOOO popular, my nephew just loved Rusty Wallace. As a birthday present I wanted to get him a membership into Rusty's fan club. I couldn't find anything on the web. I knew the suburb of St. Louis that Rusty was from, so I called information.

It turned out I ended up speaking with Rusty's dad. His dad was so nice, he and I ended up chatting for about a half hour about anything and everything except racing or the fan club (Rusty's mom ran the fan club and she was out grocery shopping). About an hour later I get a call and its Rusty's mom on the phone to get my nephew signed up for the fan club.

Good people...

I'm sure he's a great person and he's been great for the sport.

You are absolutely correct about Rusty's mom, but could not be farther from the truth about Rusty himself.

In person, he exudes the "I do *not* want to be here, make this stop" aura. *Someone* has to be paying him some serious coin to be stuck on a ship with hundreds of fans for a week with no visible means of escape. Contrast that with someline like DJ who embraces the experience and genuinely appreciates them.

Archived