Found Camera costa maya or cozumel

jks336

This has come up before. I still don't understand people who bring a camera they found in a foreign country back home with them. Why not turn it in to local authorities? And before anyone starts in about how "corrupt" etc., Mexico is. That's not the point. Once you take it home with you, possibly thousands of miles from where it was found, odds are you will NEVER find the owner. I mean really, how many people know that lost camera blogs, etc even exist? For some reason, people by being "helpful" only make it more difficult for the owners to find their camera. Wouldn't you start with the local police, taxi commission etc? I would.

On the surface, it may appear "nice", but it's less than helpful to do what those people did. Not to mention, something like less than 1% of ALL cruisers read CC, it's extremely unlikely that posting it on here will do anything.

Tax Commission,etc.? Are you nuts - oh wait, I already know the answer!!

In April on the Dream, our camera bag was inadvertantly left on a taxi. We did not have the taxi number and so sadly realized it was gone. We did report it to the taxi stand and the purser's desk and lo and behold someone from our ship had found it on the taxi, kept it with them all day and brought it back to us. The only identifying articles was a carnival lanyard and a receipt for the bottle of water we purchased on our way off the ship in St. Thomas. We were very lucky it was returned. Lesson learned about identifying our camera and bag.:)

Archived