Found Camera costa maya or cozumel

jks336

this person posted this on carnival's forum and i havent seen it on cruisecritic so i'm going to post this.

>

found in costa maya on 04/08/2010 or cozumel 04/09/2010 (still a little foggy) found in van taxi. lots of pics including puppies wedding dress and cake with names of two people on it Richie and Danielle, i was on different ship no record of these people on my ship

so thought they might have been on the Dream since it left port before are ship. will be happy to send it back.

contact me at jhnsnsn@hotmail.com

That is so very nice of that person to try to track the owner down to return it. I know I would be sick if I lost my camera. Not so much because of the camera, but because of the pictures I wouldn't have.

I wonder if it was a private van operator that could possibly see who had booked the excursion....

In any event, I hope the owner gets reunited with their camera :)

This has come up before. I still don't understand people who bring a camera they found in a foreign country back home with them. Why not turn it in to local authorities? And before anyone starts in about how "corrupt" etc., Mexico is. That's not the point. Once you take it home with you, possibly thousands of miles from where it was found, odds are you will NEVER find the owner. I mean really, how many people know that lost camera blogs, etc even exist? For some reason, people by being "helpful" only make it more difficult for the owners to find their camera. Wouldn't you start with the local police, taxi commission etc? I would.

On the surface, it may appear "nice", but it's less than helpful to do what those people did. Not to mention, something like less than 1% of ALL cruisers read CC, it's extremely unlikely that posting it on here will do anything.

i agree. either way you look at it, camera is lost.. if i lost mine like this one did, how the hell could i contact them? and the agravation to do so, plus overseas calls. i've actually seen post's here and on carnival stating they've lost something. yes, maybe its 1 in a million or whatever chance, but its still a chance it could be located/found.

we all hope for the best that it will come out. ok, so worse case, this person has a camera and the other person who lost it is still without it.. but at least the founder is trying.

I seem to remember someone on these threads not long ago that lost a camera. You might want to try searching the threads for the post. If I get time I'll take a look for you.

I really think it's great that your trying so hard to return it.:)

I hope I've done this right... but here's the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1153933&highlight=lost+camera

this person posted this on carnival's forum and i havent seen it on cruisecritic so i'm going to post this.

>

found in costa maya on 04/08/2010 or cozumel 04/09/2010 (still a little foggy) found in van taxi. lots of pics including puppies wedding dress and cake with names of two people on it Richie and Danielle, i was on different ship no record of these people on my ship

so thought they might have been on the Dream since it left port before are ship. will be happy to send it back.

contact me at jhnsnsn@hotmail.com

Ships in Port:

Costa Maya, April 8th: Norwegian Jewel, Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Dream.

Cozumel , April 9th: Norwegian Spirit, Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Valor, Freedom of the Seas.

Posting in NCL and RCL threads might increase the chance of finding the owners. Also the roll calls ... This is less than a week old and recently returned RCs can be active.

On my last cruise I put my name and phone number on a piece of paper and took a picture of It. It was the first picture on the s.d. card.That would of help the person who found the camera..

I never would have thought of this until I have read several threads about cameras being either lost or found. That is now the first photo on my camera, good advise.

Ships in Port:

Costa Maya, April 8th: Norwegian Jewel, Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Dream.

Cozumel , April 9th: Norwegian Spirit, Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Valor, Freedom of the Seas.

Posting in NCL and RCL threads might increase the chance of finding the owners. Also the roll calls ... This is less than a week old and recently returned RCs can be active.

thats a great idea, thanks.. i'll post this guys post. :)

edit: ok, posted on their forums and roll calls.. hope this comes out good :)

amen big steve --- there are some real losers that post --- go ahead flame me -- shows your IQ -- at least it sounds like a good guy found the camera and at least won't use the pics for something stupid -- it for sure was a tourist from one of the ships -- how many mexicans go on a mexican excursion that was probably offered from one of the ships -- think about it -- i would call each cruise line that was in port those days and see if they have a lost and found dept. -- good luck -- you are doing and did the right thing

I am one of those who lost a camera last year on a cruise, and it was the next to last day of the cruise. We had taken so many memorable pics, and I was devastated. I cried all evening. Luckily we had the money to buy one the last day and take some of the ship since we had never been on that one. (only our second cruise). But the whole trip is gone except for my memories, and the ship pics. I would love it if someone had at least done something like this to try and return it, yes, it may be a long shot, but you just never know. Thank you to all of you who understand how precious pics can be and try to return them, and good idea about taking a picture of your name, I will be sure and do that next time!:) Sharon

• 6 months later...

I cruised on the Carnival Valor, in May 8 - May 16, 2010. I lost the camera and all mem. Cards SD and XDs in a Cozumel Nissan 4 dr taxi, that was all damaged. The car had busted windshield with a weird patch job damaged doors and a bad welding job. There was a Gold frog on the steering wheel and bamboo crucifix on the rearview mirror. Just putting it out there

This has come up before. I still don't understand people who bring a camera they found in a foreign country back home with them. Why not turn it in to local authorities? And before anyone starts in about how "corrupt" etc., Mexico is. That's not the point. Once you take it home with you, possibly thousands of miles from where it was found, odds are you will NEVER find the owner. I mean really, how many people know that lost camera blogs, etc even exist? For some reason, people by being "helpful" only make it more difficult for the owners to find their camera. Wouldn't you start with the local police, taxi commission etc? I would.

On the surface, it may appear "nice", but it's less than helpful to do what those people did. Not to mention, something like less than 1% of ALL cruisers read CC, it's extremely unlikely that posting it on here will do anything.

BND,

I am one of those 'nice' people who found a camera and found the owner; in the case of the one I found it was a digital camcorder and video of the people on the camcorder is what enabled me to find them. When I first discovered it and concluded it was lost I was like you and didn't want to get involved,but because I knew I would spend too much time finding the owner and not because I thought I'd never find them. The fact is that I knew I would find them eventually. Luckily I found them and they were on our ship and not some other ship that was docked with us.

The reason I did not depend on local lost and found is that I knew it was a cruise passengers camera and I know how to find people; I knew I would do whatever required and local lost and found would not.

Odd were long perhaps, but if you are in to placing bets, you should bet that I will find a cameras owner even if they aren't looking for it. Should you place a bet on all people? Yes; if they post here then they are taking the first step.

I still don't understand people who bring a camera they found in a foreign country back home with them. .

Because people DO post here and people DO find cameras this way. Stop being so damn cynical and give a ^5 to the person trying. :rolleyes:

I would do the same thing. Worked with a PI years ago and have retained lots of ways to "find" those who may not want to be found. If I ran across someones camera/camcorder and didn't find them in the immediate vicinity, I would most definitely bring said camera home and start my search then. It's common courtesy, good will, whatever you may call it. In the end, it's called being a HUMAN BEING and giving less of a rats a$$ about myself and more about others. Memories of others are certainly worth a few minutes (maybe hours) of my time. /soapbox

Archived