Private Tours Services in Italy

cruise66

We have used this company numerous times in italy at different ports and are using them again next year. I would not return to a business that did not treat us as old friends returning for a reunion!!! They really are the best and you can't go wrong with them. In all, we have had the pleasure of dealing with Duman, Vincenzo,Sarah,Lucia,Giovanni and Gennaro,and of course, Jany!! Shelly:)

After much research, my wife and I selected RomeinLimo (romeinlimo.com) for a full-day tour to take place in Rome on May 4 this year.

After posting a message on our April 19 Celebrity Equinox Roll Call for another couple to join us, we ended up booking over 80 passengers (!) with RomeinLimo for airport/hotel transfers and tours. It turns out that our fellow pax were well versed in private operators and were only too eager to pounce on a good deal when they saw it...and both Duman & Jany demonstrated mastery of the logistics end of the business.

Long story short; we got back from Rome last Thursday May 6 and are thrilled to report that everything went flawlessly, and that our personal driver/guide Onofrio was the key to a highly enjoyable and productive day in Rome. They literally did everything they promised...and then did a bit more, too.

We were very impressed with their ability to handle large volumes of pax with a high-end hands-on personalized level of service, and we will undoubtedly enjoy their services when we return (and we will, if the Trevi Fountain legend is correct).

Happy Cruising,

Alan (and Teresa)

Another vote for RomeinLimo. We used them for all 3 ports - Naples, Rome, La Spezia and they were great. Special mention to Vinizio in La Spezia. Our tender boat took quite a while to get to dock so we were running late for our tickets to climb the Pisa tower. We were late getting there and normally, they wouldn't allow you to go once you miss the start of the tour. Vinizio talked to the ticket office and the guards and they allowed us in. It was the highlight of the trip for our kids. All 3 drivers Raphaele, Salvatore, and Vinizio were prompt and professional. The vans were comfortable, specially the ones in Rome and La Spezia which had high tops so you could stand inside without bending. I'd recommend them!

We used Giuseppe de Toro from Sorrento Top Car in Naples. We visited Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. He was wonderful and kept us on schedule. His rates were VERY reasonable. His english was good and he was very professional. info@sorrentotopcar.com

In Livorno, we use Alessandro Cammilli. He lives in Florence and gives tours as a hobby. He filled our day with a visit to Florence, we walked to some of the highlights- Ponte Vecchio, Accademia, Duomo, etc. Then we headed to a winery in Greve in Tuscany and to finish our day, we had a chance to take photos at the Leaning Tower of Pisa. He made for a very adventurous day. He is very funny and really loves his homeland. alecamma@hotmail.com

It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth paying for a private tour. We did Rome on our own and next time, we will hire a guide there too!!

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice on tours! I am probably going to book Rome in Limo for a Rome tour this June but was wondering if anyone got the Vatican guide that they offer and if they felt that was necessary or not?

We used RomeInLimo when we stopped in Italy (Dec 2009 only made 1 stop) I had hoped to use them this winter--but looks like we might be going to Carribean instead (adult kids want to go south & not over the ocean--for now--until their kids get older--meaning out of school)--but I am holding their info I woud not hesitate to use them again----just wish I could go sooner. I am hoping the next time it will be at least 2 ports perhaps 3 to use them on--out tour was AWESOME!!!

has anyone used sorrentolimo.com with Gennaro Ruocco? I am trying to decide between them and romeinlimo.com. I saw alot of great feedback on romeinlimo and was trying to see if there was any on sorrentolimo.com.

We just returned from our Med. cruise and used Sorrento Limo in Naples. Our driver was OK, but did very little talking as he could speak very little English. Thankfully we had been there previously and knew where we wanted to go. If I had it to do over again, I would use Drive Amalfi and request Roberto for your driver. He was the best!

On our Mediterranean cruise aboard the Voyager of the Seas one of the stops was Rome. For the best tour I searched I found Massimo from bestourofitaly. We wanted to see all the best from the coloseum to the Vatican and we did with Massimo. It was by far the best of the best tour we have ever been on. When we arrived in port at 7 am, he was there waiting for us. An 8 hr tour, he had everything arranged and we were at our leisure at every stop while he waited for us. No waiting in lines, he made the reservations ahead. Shopping and lunch too. We will have Massimo:D again and again on every tour we take in Italy. The price was better than the excursion price on the ship, it was set before we arrived and you pay when he returns you to the ship, and we definately experienced more than they or anyone else offered. Just go to his site bestourofitaly. You wont regret it. We have recommended his tour to everyone.

Fabrizio and allarounditaly.com was super for both our Rome and Florence tours earlier this month. He uses Mercedes vans which are immaculate; drivers are professional yet friendly and fluent in English. All around top notch service--highly recommended.

We used Gianluca, aka Luke the Driver (www.lukethedriver.com) while in Rome in April. He was absolutely amazing! For the rest of our trip, I wished he were with us. :D We chose him because we wanted to know who our driver was going to be. I know some of the larger companies have great reviews, but there are bound to be some mediocre drivers, and we wanted to be sure we had the best! We certainly did!

We booked VERY early (>6 months) at it was 380E for a whole day for 2 of us in his sedan. We were one of the first off the ship, and I think our car was THE first to leave the port area. We saw so much in such a short amount of time. This was both my and DH's first trip to Rome and I don't think there's one big thing we missed seeing. We never felt rushed once. Alot of sights we drove by, however if we wanted to stop, he did.

He took us to a wonderful Italian restaurant near the Vatican. He said it was "touristy", but everyone else eating there was speaking Italian, and it was the best food we had in Italy.

He arranged for us to have a private tour guide for the Vatican (Valettia - amazing in her own right!) for 90E for 2 hours. In that time we were able to see the entire Vatican museum, the Sistine chapel, and St Peter's.

Luca speaks wonderful English - never once did we not understand what he was saying. He's extremely personable. We truly consider him a friend now! His driving is excellent - especially for those of us that aren't used to the craziness of Rome roads! We never felt unsafe with his driving, like we did with taxis everywhere else we went!

I can't say enough good things about him!

Fabrizio and allarounditaly.com was super for both our Rome and Florence tours earlier this month. He uses Mercedes vans which are immaculate; drivers are professional yet friendly and fluent in English. All around top notch service--highly recommended.

Ah, Fabrizio! He is the most fun. We used him for Naples, Rome and Livorno last fall and had him personally for both Naples and Rome, great tours. He took us to wonderful authentiic Italian restaurants, no tourists in sight, for our lunches. We did let him know that this was a priority, no grabbing a slice of pizza and a gelato for us! We wanted a leisurely lunch with antipasti, pasta, wine, the works. Mamma mia! Doing it this way was cheaper than the ship excursions and there were only eight of us. I should mention that if you want to reach him his website is allarounditaly.NET not dot com. ;)

I am going back next year and look forward to a very fun reunion.

2106543063_Naples-Rome-Tuscany100.jpg.b06d986a51d683876142ab368be7b553.jpg

237574121_Naples-Rome-Tuscany188.jpg.398e6d7742ca7886c0c03a677b0978fc.jpg

7434903_Naples-Rome-Tuscany191.jpg.27cf299194a039fd86d0a7c065a3211c.jpg

can anyone give me information on private tours services you have used in Rome, Naples and Livorno? I want to book execursions and am overwhelmed with the amount of tour services. thanks

We are using Rome In Limo in June for Rome & Florence. They gave us a small discount because we were using them for 2 ports. I booked based on the reviews on CC.

We just used them last week and Alberto was our driver in both Rome and Florence. Top notch, wonderful, professional and very friendly driver. He knew when to talk and when to let us chat among ourselves. Great service and I highly recommend.

Archived