Private Tours Services in Italy

cruise66

I'm surprised no one else has chimed in, but RIL of which here is a thread ( http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=986987 ) is who we used. We used them in all 3 ports we visited, they offered a small discount for choosing them in all three ports, but we chose them more for their reputation and we weren't dissapointed.

Good luck with your planning!

can anyone give me information on private tours services you have used in Rome, Naples and Livorno? I want to book execursions and am overwhelmed with the amount of tour services. thanks

We are also fans of RomeInLimo. We booked them in all three ports last year and have booked them again for this summer in Rome. Just search by their name and you'll find all sorts of Cruise Critic folks who have used their services.

can anyone give me information on private tours services you have used in Rome, Naples and Livorno? I want to book execursions and am overwhelmed with the amount of tour services. thanks

Private tour companies :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1170062&highlight=private+tours

• 2 weeks later...

We used RomeInLimo for both Rome and Livorno (Piza and Florence, with a side trip to Montecatini as a special surprise). They were on time with great service, immaculate vehicles, and great prices.

Added surprise: Managers from the company seemed to find us in Rome, Florence, and Pisa. Just checking up on things.

I had a horrid sore on my tongue. The driver excorted me through a pharmacy to see I got the right stuff at the right price.

I am a big fan of Rome in Limo.

We used them in three ports in July of '09, and recommended them to traveling families we knew, who raved about them also. I will be booking them for next summer, when we return to Rome in 2011. Read as much as you can about them on the Cruise Critic boards........they deliver...are professional, friendly, and very informed on everything!!! The comfortable, air-conditioned, luxury cars made the hot July weather not be a factor during the traveling.........trust those that have gone before....we wouldn't recommend them if they weren't what we experienced!!

We will be using Stefano of RomeCabs for the third time, I don't know how you could have a better guide in Rome!!

We will also be returning to Naples and again will tour with Roberto di Palma of Amalfi Coast Destination Car Service. Great tour guide!!

I would highly recommend both of these gentleman! They are very responsive to email and will treat you as family!!

When we first went to Europe in 2006, we were unaware of any companies to use. We went on the internet and found romeinllimo, which we used our first time for 3 people in two different places - Rome and Pisa/Florence. They were terrific, so in 2009, when we returned to Europe, we got on cc and set up several tours and trips between airport, and the cruise ship terminal for a lot of us. Everyone thought that RIL were excellent and I felt very good about recommending them. We used them for Rome, Florence and Pompii.

Next year, we will again be in Europe and again, of course, we will be using Romeinlimo for all our Italy trips. They are always professional,knowledgible and friendly. Any other questions, feel free to ask me.

We used Private Shore Trips in Villefranche and Rome in Limo in Livorno. Both were excellent, with a slight advantage to Private Shore Trips because the driver/guide was more personable and came back to get us when we missed the start of the tour due to tender difficulties (a med. evac. slowed all tendering down.)

We want to sing the praises of Stefano and his RomeCab team.

He was a tremendous help in originally preparing for the four transfers we needed in Rome, including one that was shared.

On April 18th, when all of our planned itinerary fell apart due to the "volcanic ash two-step", he quickly adapted and his driver ensured that we reached Civitavecchia from Fiumicino in time for embarkation.

His staff accepted all of the necessary changes and the numerous e-mails I sent to institute those changes. All of his drivers, including Stefano himself, were personable, punctual and informative. They helped make a time of anxiety much more palatable.

I know that he is highly regarded on this board and that reputation is richly deserved. I can't imagine the situation being handled more capably.

We want to sing the praises of Stefano and his RomeCab team.

He was a tremendous help in originally preparing for the four transfers we needed in Rome, including one that was shared.

On April 18th, when all of our planned itinerary fell apart due to the "volcanic ash two-step", he quickly adapted and his driver ensured that we reached Civitavecchia from Fiumicino in time for embarkation.

His staff accepted all of the necessary changes and the numerous e-mails I sent to institute those changes. All of his drivers, including Stefano himself, were personable, punctual and informative. They helped make a time of anxiety much more palatable.

I know that he is highly regarded on this board and that reputation is richly deserved. I can't imagine the situation being handled more capably.

Thanx for the input - makes my mind rest easier for my cruise in October

Anyone ever used or heard of Carla at Rome-tour.com?

Private guide, transportation, licensed,etc!

going bananas researching this stuff, and having a hard time, pinning down rome in limo, with prices for a tour!

My vote is for Romeinlimo, fantastic company. They make you feel like family and take care of all your needs. They are very easy to work with and they will set your tour to what you would like to see, all questions are answered promptly and they are very reliable. My trip to Italy would not have been half as great with out this company, I could never have seen the many things we did without them. Jany and Duman are wonderful people along with their great tour guides you just can't go wrong with them. Linda

I have arranged for Rome in Limo to pick my S/O and I up from the airport in Rome at 8 a.m. and then take us on a 4 hour tour of Rome before we get dropped off at the hotel.

I was hoping some fellow travelers could provide some suggestions/must sees for the 4 hour tour. We will see the Vatican the following day, when we go for the Scavi Tour, and are planning to go to the Colliseum and Roman Forums in the afternoon. We want to try and optimize the car/driver to see as much of Rome as possible. We're only there for a day and a half before we head to the port to catch our cruise.

Thanks in advance!!!

has anyone used sorrentolimo.com with Gennaro Ruocco? I am trying to decide between them and romeinlimo.com. I saw alot of great feedback on romeinlimo and was trying to see if there was any on sorrentolimo.com.

Just back from a cruise and we used Marcello from seesorrento for a day on the Amalfi Coast. We had a great day. He went out of his way to make sure we saw what we wanted to see, stopped when we wanted to stop, and we had an excellent lunch.

I would highly recommend him.

Julie

Archived