Few hours left in Juneau

ladybug97

We are doing a whale watch/glacier tour while in Juneau and it will take up most of our time until about 7:30 that evening. We don't leave until 11 pm so is there any recommendations for something to do until 10:30 or so? I really wanted to take the tram but since it will be dark I guess that wouldn't be a great idea :D I just want to make the most out of our time there!

We are doing a whale watch/glacier tour while in Juneau and it will take up most of our time until about 7:30 that evening. We don't leave until 11 pm so is there any recommendations for something to do until 10:30 or so? I really wanted to take the tram but since it will be dark I guess that wouldn't be a great idea :D I just want to make the most out of our time there!

When are you going? Your sig says 2009, but if it's 2010, it'll still be light around 7:30 and you could do the tram. If the weather's nice, it'd actually be very lovely. And you could dine up there--although the restaurant's pretty bad.

Most people just go onboard for their 'free' meal, but you could eat in Juneau, hang out with the locals in a bar. If you like hiking/walking, there's some options from downtown to work off dinner.

If you are going in May or June it will still be light up there. I would take the tram, but some of the stuff uptop will be closed (or atleast it was last year in the evening). There was a stunning view on a beautiful day last may from the top!

Actually the view from Mt Roberts after dusk is superior to the daytime view. Just beautiful with the city and ships lit up. I especially recommend this, with an earlier Mt Roberts visit, since the pass is unlimited all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived