Addicted to Cruising

Cre

I just went on a cruise in March. Yesterday I booked another cruise for November. I think I'm addicted to cruising.

On my cruise in March I got a lot of rest. The next time I want to PARTY!!!!!!!! :) I'm not even going to tell my family and friends. They'll think I've lost it.

I wish we would have started early myself. We had our first cruise in 2004 when I was 34 since that day we have been HOOKED!! I try to cruise at least twice a year now and I would love to cruise even more if I could. Land vacations can't even compare!!!!

Yes, I need to come to a meeting also. My name is Debbie and I am a cruise-a-holic! :eek:

the best medicine I know of is going on another cruise. When friends and family don't understand, come here to cruisecritic, and we will all listen to you! :D

I've called myself a cruise addict for some time now. I discovered on my last cruise that it's more accurate that I previously realized. Cruising to me is the ULTIMATE escape from reality. I've never had a drug addiction, but I can only imagine that cruising provides for me the escape that narcotics supply to drug addicts. If only they'd spend their money with the cruise lines!

No matter what pressures, disappointments, stresses or losses I may be facing in my life, a cruise makes them all disappear for a while.

I'm sure a week on a cruise ship doesn't have the same impact on everyone, but for me it's almost magical!

I'm addicted to cruising too...and I don't want or need an intervention!!!

Count us in! We started cruising very late in our lives, but, we're making up for it! As long as the money holds out, we'll be on a ship to somewhere!

Sounds exactly like us. We will be doing 5 this year and I know some of you do more. Two of the cruises will be a B2B, one 12 days and one 14 days and that still is not enough.

Jan

I got this email years ago & continue to tell hubby that this is what we will do

About 2 years ago we were on a cruise through the western

Mediterranean aboard a Princess liner. At dinner we noticed an elderly

lady sitting alone along the rail of the grand stairway in the main dining

room. I also noticed that all the staff, ships officers, waiters, busboys,

etc., all seemed very familiar with this lady. I asked our waiter whom the

lady was expecting to be told she owned the line, but he said he only knew

that she had been on board for the last four cruises, back to back.

As we left the dining room one evening I caught her eye and stopped to

say hello. We chatted and I said, "I understand you've been on this ship

for the last four cruises". She replied, "Yes, that's true." I stated, "I

don't understand?"

She replied without a pause, "It's cheaper than a nursing home".

Here's the proof -- when I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a

Princess Cruise Ship.

The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on

reservations at Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior

discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:

1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.

2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the

restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed

every day of the week).

3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free

washers and dryers, and shows every night.

4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.

5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5

worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.

6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.

7. TV broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress

replaced? No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your

inconvenience.

8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask for them.

9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare.

If you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will upgrade you to a

suite for the rest of your life.

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama

Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want to go?

Princess will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for me in a nursing

home, just call shore to ship.

P. S. And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side at

no charge.

Hello Michael! Welcome

our motto is "one cruise at a time, right behind each other"

If it were up to me, I'd would holiday exclusively on a cruise ship. My wife, on the other hand --- while she enjoys cruising, she enjoys balancing it with land based vacations.

Ahhh, my poor misguided wife ...

Now our daughter, on the other hand --- soon to be 4 years old --- all she reminds us of is staying with Grandma last year when my wife and I cruised to Bermuda. Still hasn't forgiven us for that faux pas.

Michael

My kids and I are also members of cruisers anonymous, DH on the other hand . . . We keep working on him.

Welcome to the club!

We need to start a group for us (DH is same as yours)--Cruise-anon for family of non-cruisers! DH is not as enamored of it as kids and I are. Still trying to convince him to ditch the family and cruise for T'giving.

I can totally admit that I am a cruise addict. Currently have 18 booked until October of 2011 and will book more when I get on the Adventure of the Seas in 2 weeks. Though, you do have to admit that it is one of the best addictions that anyone can have.

Lisa

Not a week off a ship cruising the Med. and I have the blues! If I had more single friends available to cruise I'd be gone in a minute. Love it, love it, love it. Though I'm not that much into cruising the islands as I live in Florida and get to see the beach all the time.

I just went on a cruise in March. Yesterday I booked another cruise for November. I think I'm addicted to cruising.

On my cruise in March I got a lot of rest. The next time I want to PARTY!!!!!!!! :) I'm not even going to tell my family and friends. They'll think I've lost it.

I am definitely addicted to cruising. I'm so glad I joined Cruise Critic! I told my understanding husband that I found a place where thousands of people love cruising as much as I do! I'm going on my 21st on the Oasis in May. I can't wait! :)

I did exactly the same thing! Went on my first in March, booked a second for October! :D

My husband didn't like it as much as I did, so now I'm stuck trying to find people to cruise with besides him!

Archived