Going solo?

lairrah

PG is waiving the single supplement on several of the trips through middle of June. I have always heard that this type of trip/locale is very couples oriented and I'm not sure if I want to head half way around the world by myself. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

Be advised that unlike most cruise ships Paul Gauguin has queen beds in ~80% of cabins. So if you're going solo and trying to find a roommate, make sure you have one of the other cabins.

This is my situation on the eclipse cruise July 6-13 and I was fortunately able to get an appropriate cabin. Due to the common interest on this particular cruise I suspect there will be no problems getting along nicely with the other cruisers.

Be advised that unlike most cruise ships Paul Gauguin has queen beds in ~80% of cabins. So if you're going solo and trying to find a roommate, make sure you have one of the other cabins.

This is my situation on the eclipse cruise July 6-13 and I was fortunately able to get an appropriate cabin. Due to the common interest on this particular cruise I suspect there will be no problems getting along nicely with the other cruisers.

I would be going just by myself and not looking for a roommate. I am just a little concerned about fitting in as a solo traveller, especially since I'm in my early 30s. There is a departure on May 22 for 15 nights that I am seriously considering.

You'll fit in fine. I'm in my 30's and go with my parents. I've been on-board three times. I'm pretty much on my own except for meals. Even though most of the other passengers are couples and/or groups, everyone is friendly and open. I've made several friends that I've kept in contact with once the cruise is over.

• 2 weeks later...
PG is waiving the single supplement on several of the trips through middle of June. I have always heard that this type of trip/locale is very couples oriented and I'm not sure if I want to head half way around the world by myself. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

And isn't this like the "best" deal ever!!!!I'm on the fence right now trying to make the very same decision!At least I'm not the only one.Jean-Michel Cousteau is going to be a guest on this 5/22/10 cruise and will be having seminars with video of his adventures in the world's oceans.AWESOME!

So lairrah in NC,let Tom know in VA if you decide to go.I need to be off the fence by Monday 3rd.

I work on a contract basis for an events planning company and I now have a conference May 22-28 and I can't turn down work :( I am very sad that I am not going to be able to go on this trip now...it is such a fabulous deal!

I work on a contract basis for an events planning company and I now have a conference May 22-28 and I can't turn down work :( I am very sad that I am not going to be able to go on this trip now...it is such a fabulous deal!

Thats great for business!Bummer you won't be able to though.I'm off the fence and am going to experience the islands.Single (late 30's) I go...NO ROOMATES,NO HASSLES,just pure pleasure:)

• 2 weeks later...

The flight from L.A. to Papeete is no worse or better than flying east across the Atlantic to Europe. If you're flying from the east coast, or from Europe, different story, but then it's best to break the journey in L.A. Last time we sprung for Business class, not sure if pgcruises runs specials on this the way Regent did.

Archived