Ever wonder of X really reads the comment cards???

Scrapchick

I always fill them out and make comments. I just got off the Equinox last week and didn't have a bad word to say because it was just a marvelous voyage. My comments reflected our experience in many ways.

We just got a call from Celebrity following up on the comment card and what I had said, and asking for suggestions on how to make things even better in the future. Wow. Great conversation and I was able to go into more detail about my comments on the card.

I closed by asking very nicely for a Solstice based ship on the west coast:D. Gee, if they actually listen to us, maybe we'll even get that at some point!

Celebrity really does read those comment cards AND follow up on them too... Great business practice, but maybe they just wanted to hear me gush some more about their gorgeous ships....:p

Before it's forwarded to Miami all department heads review all comments especially those about staff. While on B2b staff have thanked me when I complemented them. Waitstaff will get better tables on future cruises and other staff get other perks such as time off or 'points ' for promotion.

In addition to the comment cards which don't have a lot of room, I fill out Attention to Detail cards (which you can get from Guest Relations) when staff members go above and beyond. We had such an exceptional crew on the Connie in January, I almost got writer's cramp! I'm glad to do anything I can for those who work so hard to make sure we have an excellent cruise.

In addition to the comment cards which don't have a lot of room, I fill out Attention to Detail cards (which you can get from Guest Relations) when staff members go above and beyond. We had such an exceptional crew on the Connie in January, I almost got writer's cramp! I'm glad to do anything I can for those who work so hard to make sure we have an excellent cruise.

Linda we do the same for those workers who have gone the extra mile to make our vacation more enjoyable.

One thing I always for get to add when sailing on a S class ship is to have the Tpool that is up front on the M class ships. We do miss that therapy pool . Not saying the Aqua Spa pool is bad it just isn't the same as the T pool .

They even follow up on the negative comments. When we were on the Infinity in November and the table next to us was so noisy we culdn't hear oursevles talk. While our service was great, and we didn't want to upset anything, our waitress knew we were unhappy. Finallly near the end of the cruise we were so fed up that one our our couples left before dinner started. We asked if something could be done, and they moved us. I only wish we had asked earlier, but we didn't want to ruin it for our staff. I think the maitre'd also knew we were unhappy and should have helped up out earlier. Lesson learned - avoid corner tables - the noise bounces off all the walls!

Also, you might want to fill out a shore excursion comment card if you use the ship's excursions. On our recent Equinox cruise, we had a terrible ship's excursion at one port and a wonderful one at the next port. I filled out two separate comment cards, one expressing our displeasure and one telling how much we enjoyed the shore excursion. We received a reply to both about 3 hours after I turned them in and a letter with an OBC for the bad excursion the next day.

Archived