Live From the Dream 4/17/10!

The Klev

A few shots from our last day at sea. You'll notice my 9 year old won a ship on a stick while I"m still waiting for my first...

293.jpg

Vida and Augustino taught my DD how to make a towel heart...

289.jpg

And we had a beautiful sunset over Miami (Aventura, actually)

SunsetOverMiami2.jpg

286.jpg

These random pix are of

Port Canaveral at 6:30 Saturday morning...

298.jpg

Atlantis on the launch pad at Kenneday Space Center...Atlantis3.jpg

And dinner at the Radisson Saturday the 24th. We were joined by sailchamp and DH, the Morrises from the same town, and my parents who drove up from Miami, not to see me but my kids. I highly recommend staying there after the cruise because they served up a wonderful seafood buffet featuring all you can eat crab legs, shrimp, fish, prime rib, and other fixins'...

332.jpg

Great review Klev!! I see my husband on our deck in your Costa Maya shot of the aft of the ship :D

Nice to meet the few of our roll call that I did - looks like you and your family had a great time! Time to plan the next one!!

Great review Klev!! I see my husband on our deck in your Costa Maya shot of the aft of the ship :D

Nice to meet the few of our roll call that I did - looks like you and your family had a great time! Time to plan the next one!!

I see him hanging up there as well!!! Glad youy liked the wrap back there. That is a serious balcony!

I neglected to mention that, as I arrived at the Radisson on debarkation day, I ran into members of the "Dream Team," a group of 150 or so fellow CC members who were preparing to embark. It was a pleasure meeting them.

Will keep you posted on links to a complete album and videos...

Also, I will be posting Fun Times' over the weekend!

I neglected to mention that, as I arrived at the Radisson on debarkation day, I ran into members of the "Dream Team," a group of 150 or so fellow CC members who were preparing to embark. It was a pleasure meeting them.

Will keep you posted on links to a complete album and videos...

Also, I will be posting Fun Times' over the weekend!

looking forward to it! I have really enjoyed your review.

thanks for taking the time to do it.

Hello, Klev! I've enjoyed reading this thread (well, some of it). My online time has been limited and will continue to be for a few more days. I've got so much unpacking and organizing to do!:eek: I really enjoyed being able to hang out with you and your family on this cruise. It was an amazing week!!! It's so sad to be back home and returning to normal life.:(

Hello, Klev! I've enjoyed reading this thread (well, some of it). My online time has been limited and will continue to be for a few more days. I've got so much unpacking and organizing to do!:eek: I really enjoyed being able to hang out with you and your family on this cruise. It was an amazing week!!! It's so sad to be back home and returning to normal life.:(

Had a blast with you as well! Look forward to some vids...:D

Thanks for the awesome review! Can you tell me how old your youngest son is? I only ask because I noticed you had a picture of your sons ziplining and we hope to do this as well, but our youngest is 7 and from what I've read children have to be 8. Wondering how strict they are on the age thing. Thanks!

Thanks for the awesome review! Can you tell me how old your youngest son is? I only ask because I noticed you had a picture of your sons ziplining and we hope to do this as well, but our youngest is 7 and from what I've read children have to be 8. Wondering how strict they are on the age thing. Thanks!

Nope - our 7 year old and 9 year old had a blast! They were scared the first line but couldn't wait and were fighting to go first on each of the next 11 lines!!!

P1010079.jpg

Did I miss it? Did you post the Fun Times? It's been a week or so since I read your review and I thought I read you were going too.

Your review was awesome by the way. I really enjoyed it.

How you liked your balcony on deck 12. We are booked in one for our upcoming dream cruise I am trying to decide if I would enjoy one on deck 11 better because of privacy issues.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

The Fun Times will be coming in a separate hread. I apologize for the dealy but real life and little league during the weekends got in the way.

I highly, highly recommend deck 12 over deck 11. Deck 12 has so many fewer rooms it was like being in an apartment penthouse. There are only 8 rooms on the port side and we only ran into one family, and that was our neighbors in 12206 who also happened to be from MA. It was 10 steps to the spa (and wonderful restrooms and showers!!!), 15 steps from the atrium elevators, and 20 steps from the lounges oin Deck 12.

We will absolutely be booking Deck 12 again, be it the Dream, Magic, or Breeze.

• 3 weeks later...
Woke up to a beautiful sunrise and were joined by the Glory and Liberty of the Seas...

Met up with Coral Breeze tours in front of the Wet Lizard for snorkeling, Stingray Alley and a break at Caye Caulker. One the way out we passed a school of dolphins and circled around them for a while, so we lost a bit of Caye Caulker time. The reef was beautiful as always, the stingrays were fun, and I was brushed by a barracuda which was neat as well. I asked for Carlos up at Caye Caulker but he hadn't come out yet so my wife grabbed a bite with 3 of the kids while my 11 year old DS and I went out to a wreck to see a nurse shark which had made home there. She was hanging out in her little cove so we didn't see her in her 10 foot glory but we saw enough of her.

Here's the reef, Stingray Alley and one shot looking north on Front Street in Caye Caulker...

Would you recommend Coral Breeze? I am trying to make a decision on an excursion for Belize next week and I am leaning towards this tour. About how long did you have on Caye Caulker? Did they say what time Carlos is usually out cooking? I really, really want to try his lobster kabobs!

Enjoyed your review!

This is fabulous!!! Reading your report has made me so excited for our July 3 voyage!!!

Do you have any of the capers?

Also, how do we see your photo bucket pics of the ship>?

Great work, love the report.

T

• 2 weeks later...
This is fabulous!!! Reading your report has made me so excited for our July 3 voyage!!!

T

I would love it if you or someone could scan and post recent capers for the Dream Western Caribbean sailing. I'll certainly pay it forward when we get back from our cruise in December!

T

Wow, have I been remiss! I apologize!!!

I will bring them into work tomorrow, scan them and get them here.

What ship pics do you want? I have lots of Dream pics, along with pics of the ships we've seen in port. Which ones are you looking for?

Thanks!

Thanks for the review Klev! We're on the Dec 11th sailing, and will be staying in 12207 and 12209. Looking forward to it.

Enjoy 12207 and 12209! You may have some guests up above looking out (and hopefully not down!). I think the entrance to the Serenity deck was right at our rooms (12202 and 12204) which prevented people from being right above us.

You may want to try moving up a room or two so you're directly opposite 12204 and 12202. But do take advantage of not just your Spa benefits, but using the Spa bathrooms when you're freshening up for formal night, to take showers, etc...it was breathtaking!

Thank you for your wonderful review...and we agree...deck 12 is where its all at!!!

My partner Jerome and I chose a Spa Balcony Cabin Catagory 12, for his 50th Birthday on the Carnival Dream, the 9th of October, 2010.

We know the Balcony has no roof. So?..we are happy it is open to the sun by day and stars at night...and...comes with $250.00 in Spa Level Room Luxury Items.... including a Robe (the one that everyone gets) and we get Spa Slippers too....and a different color Carnival Beach towel and a wrist band that lets us into the spa at anytime, plus very few cabins on our deck. In addition, with Sail-a-way parties in full swing and Serenity deck just above us, despite the other posts, we don't mind the reveling guests hanging over the deck above us looking down on us...I will just wave hellllooooo!, and I will certainly enjoy the condensation of their cocktail dripping on my warm back. I am beginning to wonder how many people are NEKID on their balcony that they require soooo much privacy....heck the next door neighbor merely has to gently lean over and SEE YOU IN YOUR GLORY...who cares???????????? Palease!

I will also invite everyone I see looking over at us, to our room for a cocktail party, and then I will go up there myself, look over, and have my partner take a picture of me waving helllloooo down at everybody! .....but then wait....full sky at night, snoring.peacefuly in my carnival bed asleep.... I will see the full sky at night out my window with the drapes open, and the sea air blowing and every wonderful thing else.....Oh, I forgot.......plus the S P A !!!!!

We love Carnival and ANY room on ANY ship is a vacation from work.

I overlook everything on vacation because I am gonna have a darn good time and take everyone else with me~!

Hey everyone QUITCHABITCHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is a smell, well darling.....GET THE GLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I bring it on every cruise because when I poop, its worse than the "SMELL" I have smelled on EVERY CRUISE SHIP.

HAVE A BLAST ON CARNIVAL! thank you for a wonderful review!

JW

Friends:

I actually sent you a congrats on another thread - a Dream "review (but not really a review, just some comments)"

Listen - have fun, celebrate an awesome milestone, and party hardy on your trip. You will love everything about Deck 12, including its proximity to the spa (I highly recommend using both spa bathrooms, especially the spa pass-only one near the tea room), and the 30 step walk right out to Deck 12 and its wooden seats and comfy chaise lounges just far enough away from the Lido deck to have a blast.

Tip - walking on Deck 12 will get you to the deli and Tandoori bar and pasta bar at the rear of the ship so you don't have to walk through the crowded buffet!

Tip 2 - You don't need Glade. Your stewards (if they are Vida and Augustino please send them our love!) will have a special Spa Spray mist they will give you. We brought home 2 bottles.

Enjoy!!!

Archived