Live From the Dream 4/17/10!

The Klev

Can you please find out if there is a charge for the sauna and steamfoom?

Also, Can you take pics of the serenity area, and the Lanai!!

And Pics of Room 9359? Just Joking!!, But It would be nice if you can!!:p

I Hope You And, Your Loved Ones Have The Best Cruise Ever!!!!:D

No charge if you want steam as there's a steam room in the men's locker room. If you want fancy steam, you'll need to pay. Read on!

At some point this week, could you pop into the ship's "general store" <for lack of a better phrase> and see if they have a lotion called Sea Safe? I have read on CC lately about sea lice in the waters of Roatan and Mexico and want to buy some of this Repellent lotion but they do not sell it here in the northeast. I will be looking for it when we get to Fla. in 2 weeks, but I'm hoping that as a "last ditch effort" I may be able to buy it on the ship.

Thanks In Advance! Have a wonderful cruise!!!!!!!!!;):D

Will check but looks pretty limited. Best bet is to shoot to Ron Jon about 2 miles south of port on A1A.

thanks so much for your review. I always appreciate reviews with details and lots of pictures and yours looks like it will be wonderful.

If you have a moment could you post the new "Fun Times" (Carnival Capers) - thanks

When I return I am going to scan the Fun Times' in and post them.

If you're looking for something specific let me know but I do know they have Laser Tag on the Dream as we're doing it at 11:30 P.M. tonite.

I am trying to get my pix of today on Photobucket but the internet connection is presently pretty slow.

After returning to Ron Jon for last-minute money-dropping, we left the hotel at 10:00 and dropped off the family and bags by 10:10. If we didn’t have a car to return, we would have been zone 1 or 2 and probably one of the first to board the ship. As it turned out, I just missed the shuttle at Thrifty and didn’t get to port until 10:45, and we were zone 11 and probably number 300 or 400 to board. Teach got there about 10:20 and was zone 3.

Here's the view as you enter the port from A1A northbound:

P1010006-1.jpg

The terminal is set up well in that you enter at the left of the terminal as you are facing it, go through security check (just like the airport), then go upstairs where you are separated by what deck you are staying on. A caveat to know is that, should you take a car rental shuttle bus, it drops you off at the opposite of where you enter the terminal, so you’ll be lugging your baggage across the entire terminal. Of course, the shuttles pick you up the opposite of where you exit customs and where you ENTER the terminal – I’m not terribly certain of the logic there.

The terminal:

P1010015-1.jpg

For me, who got to the terminal at 10:40, we were onboard by 11:40.

This is the last thing you see before you get on board...

P1010017-1.jpg

To save internet time, I’m going to provide a brief rundown of a few hours of loitering. So, this is what we did:

• Stopped by the pursar’s office to open our balcony and we dropped off our passports to have them stamped at our ports of call
  • Went to deck 12 to see if our rooms were available (yes, at 11:45 A.M.) Met our cabin stewards, Vida and Augustino, gave them a “hello” gratuity, and within 30 minutes, our rooms were ready and our divider was opened, so we were able to drop off our bags and not worry about them
  • Got some chairs on the Lido deck while my kids went nuts – they opened the slides around 12:30 or so. Watch out for YouTube links here to see mee (yes, me), take action video of me on both the Drainpipe and Twister slide.
  • Wander around the buffet only to eat fresh bananas and oranges. (Food tip – I was advised that Carnival cannot accept produce from any of these ports of call, so if you like produce, hoard it on Day 1 and keep it in your room)
  • Wander the ship – the Lanai was completely empty

Some shots of the gym and spa...

P1010026.jpg

• P1010031.jpg

6. Snap some photos

Serenity Deck

P1010041.jpg

7. 3:30 muster drill in the Encore Theatre. Here’s a snapshot:

P1010055.jpg

• Go to the Lido deck and watch us push off, but only after a family raced on board at 4:15
  • Drink some wine with a few of the ladies of Cruise Critic and such:
  • Get ready for dinner. We’re presently in the Crimson Dining room, midship. Our table is in the middle of the dining room. (Dream tip – if you have 6 P.M. dining, request from your TA or PVP a window seat. It was a pretty view which we could not enjoy.
  • Go to the Lido Deck and see that “Yes Man” starring Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel is playing.

That’s where we’re at right now.

Some Spa Deck observations. Below are some pix of room 12202. It’s actually a tad larger than the other rooms because the front door faces the fore of the ship, while the other doors face port side. This actually gives you a small, approximately 2’ by 4’ area to store luggage and things. However, it is also a bit windy because, as other balconies are shielded by balcony partitions, as this is the first room on the top of the ship, whatever room is in front of it has a slanted wall as you can see from this picture.

This picture is looking into 12202 - my son is where the little nook is:

P1010058-1.jpg

This is looking out towards the fore of the ship from the balcony of 12202

P1010071.jpg

And our towel animal for the evening!

P1010070.jpg

Will return late tonight or tomorrow with more!

thanks for replying so quickly to my request for the Fun Times (Carnival Capers)

I also have a question about the new photo program that is being tried out on the Dream - if you get any info on how the program works/costs involved/etc. would you please post it when you have time

thanks so much - I actually watched you sail away this afternoon on the different Cape Canaveral/Carnival/Radisson web cams - I was very envious - have a wonderful vacation

We just got off the Dream on the 10th of April. James, the asst. cruise director, was great. We are thinking about going on the July 3rd and/or December 18th sailing of this year on the Dream again. Can you find out from James if he will be on either of those? He really made the trip and we had so much fun with him. Tell him I was the female passenger from SC that wanted him to get on the Fantasy out of charleston, SC, as cruise director. thanks.

Jill Prater

Lexington, SC

Can you tell me if you noticed if there were any stores near the Raddison where one could purchase some wine? A CVS or a Walgreens would do. Thanks and have a great cruise. We don't sail until August, but I'll be following your review.

Not meaning to hijack !...

ABC Liquors is down the Street from the Radisson, Great selection.

Now back to "Live from the Dream"...

This is so exciting! Thank you for taking the time to post. Have a wonderful time! What is the earliest you can get to Port Canaveral?

There were about 100 people there by 10. They said embarkation at 11 but it appeared to start around 10:45 or so.

Not meaning to hijack !...

ABC Liquors is down the Street from the Radisson, Great selection.

Now back to "Live from the Dream"...

Thanks because what I really need to know is "walking distance?" since we won't have a rental car.

Thanks because what I really need to know is "walking distance?" since we won't have a rental car.

1.4 miles to the south. There is one 1.1 miles but ABC has a better selection. That's where we went.

Deck party Saturday night was fun. Weather was beautiful and the laser show started promptly at 10. It was 12 minutes long, synched to three songs. During "Come Sail Away," the video they showed were behind the scenes shots of the construction of the Dream:

P1010003.jpg

At 10:30, the dancers came out and we partied on the deck until 11:15. Here are some shots, including 2 of my kids with Todd Witmer and my son with one of the dancers:

P1010007.jpg

At 11:30 it was off to laser tag in the main theatre. $5 for 5 minutes of playtime.

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Archived