Live From the Dream 4/17/10!

The Klev

Answer about the scrapbooking - there is none due to lack of interest. They may do it on a numbers basis, but the individual at the camera stand the class would be taught by passengers.

The Dream docked at 9 today and, although it said disembarkation at 10, passengers started getting off around 9:15. We were booked for the dolphins at Chank and, had we known, we wouldn't have waited until 9 to go to the Lido deck. So this cruise tip is, when you see the lines being tossed from the boat to the pier hands on the Cozumel pier, consider going down to deck ) in about 20 minutes. There was a lucky group of a few dozen who had about 45 extra minutes in Coz because of this.

Here's our sunrise...and the obligatory pic looking back at the ship docked...

P1010011-3.jpg

P1010027-1.jpg

Took a $22 cab (6 pax) to Chank. I noticed they were doing some construction, adding aluminum steps where the rocky ones were to make the entrance to snorkeling a bit easier...

P1010031-1.jpg

P1010032-1.jpg

My 2 older kids did the Royal Dolphin Swim and DW and I did the Adventure with our 2 younger. Also did Manatee. As the satellite stinks and 480 mins is $160.00, I'm not going to go deep into the day but I would be happy to answer whatever specifics I can.

I am going to follow with some pics - we negotiated a deal for all the photos (the 6 of us) and the 2 DVD's. The Royal DVD was $50 and Adventure DVD was $40, large pix were $20 and smaller ones were $20. The 6 of us had lunch there for around $60 American.

P1010074.jpgP1010074.jpgWe left Chank at 4:50 and were back at Puerto Maya at 5:00, well in time for the 5:30 embarkation.

P1010074.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Got back to the ship, skipped the dining room, went for sushi, then saw John Wesley Austin, and the juggling and stuff by Edge. Was fun, but now time to crash as we have a busy day planned for Roatan.

Great review and awesome pictures. Glad you are all enjoying the Dream.

Curious as to what the band is on deck and how they are. We had a duo, not a band, called tropic sounds, and they were pretty bad. We hated the fact that the calypso band was demoted to a due. Any idea who they are now and how the are? If they are a duo, do you have any idea why so?

Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Thanks for the photos. We sail on May 29th in Cabin 12201. Do you know if the set up is the same as yours. I show yours as sleeping 4 people and 12201 sleeping 2......My question is a blueprint I saw shows two bathrooms for cabin 12201???? Maybe the folks in 1201 will let you see???? lol.... :)

Tim

Absolutely awful satellite has prevented me from uploading photos, save for a few so I'll try again tomorrow.

Woke up at 7 to see us coming up the southwest portion of Roatan. Beautiful views from the port side. Got to Mahogany Bay by 8:30, and the maneuver to reverse in took about 30 minutes. We docked at 9:20 and some were off the boat (golfers first) by 9:40. The Crown Princess followed us in.

We hooked up with Leonel from Victor Bodden by 10:10 A.M. and we were off. First we visited a local school, the drove around and Leonel told us about Roatan. Our first stop was Victor's place where we ziplined and even met Victor who was tooling around:

P1010077.jpg

P1010080-1.jpg

After ziplining, we played with the monkeys and then took of for West Bay Beach, where we hung out and snorkeled a bit by Tabayana.

By 4:00 ship time, 2:00 Roatan time, we were bushed, so we went back to the boat and hung around the serenity deck. Had dinner at 6, then saw "Dancing in the Street," which was quite enjoyable.

Ended the evening with the Pink Floyd/Rush laser show.

More tomorrow when I can get decent service.

Sunrise over Isla Roatan...

P1010008-1.jpg

Entering Mahogany Bay - if you want a view of MB, you'll want the port side. If you want a view of the landscape, go starboard - the ship backs in.

P1010025.jpg

You are looking at a 1960s shipwreck and the narrow channel markers the ship has to maneuver through.

These shots are the MB terminal, as well as a view of the port. The walk uphill to the non-ship excursions isn't as bad as some people say. If you're not in decent shape (I'm Exhibit A.") Take a stop or two and that's it. The walk may be 1/4 mile in total.

P1010037.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010038-1.jpg

You can see the entrance to MB terminal in the back. It's where the yellow school bus is entering. The excursions are about 20 yards past there

Woke up to a beautiful sunrise and were joined by the Glory and Liberty of the Seas...

P1010018-1.jpg

P1010017-2.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Met up with Coral Breeze tours in front of the Wet Lizard for snorkeling, Stingray Alley and a break at Caye Caulker. One the way out we passed a school of dolphins and circled around them for a while, so we lost a bit of Caye Caulker time. The reef was beautiful as always, the stingrays were fun, and I was brushed by a barracuda which was neat as well. I asked for Carlos up at Caye Caulker but he hadn't come out yet so my wife grabbed a bite with 3 of the kids while my 11 year old DS and I went out to a wreck to see a nurse shark which had made home there. She was hanging out in her little cove so we didn't see her in her 10 foot glory but we saw enough of her.

Here's the reef, Stingray Alley and one shot looking north on Front Street in Caye Caulker...

P1010065-1.jpg

P1010040-1.jpg

P1010111.jpg

We were in 12204 in March. Did it rain enough to flood your balcony? It seems to have a drain problem.[ATTACH]153650[/ATTACH]

We certainly had water after a torrential rain leaving Cozumel...A good inch or two of standing water on our balcony.

Hi Klev! Thanks for doing this post. I will be on the Carnival Dream for Christmas and New Years this year and I am very excited. I would love to know a couple of things if you can find the time to answer, I would appreciate it.

1. According to Mr. John Heald they are testing something new on the Carnival Dream in regards to the photos. Can you give us details?

1a. Are they all digital?

1b. Are they offering a digital package that gives you the rights to all photos?

1c. If so can you post a pricing list (maybe when you get home)?

2. In which dining room is your time dining offered? My family has confirmed late seating, but they don't like the aft dining rooms, so I am hoping that we can still have our late seating dinner in the mid-ship dining room.

3. Are there flat screen TVs in the staterooms and are there DVD players?

4. Can you give us details about what the Fun Hub is and how it works?

That is all for now...again, thanks so much!!!

Sounds like you are having a great time :)

thanks for the live review and all the pictures! :D I check the Dream's web cam often.

We've got a spa cabin on deck 11, really looking forward to.

Looking at your towel animal pictures it appears you have a different type of towel than usual.

Happy Sails!!

Thanks so much for the reviews. It is final, we are sailing on the Dream again on July 3rd. If possible, can you find out from asst. cruise director, James Dunn, if he will be on the July 3rd sailing. My husband and I have something for him from South Carolina we were going to bring to him but don't want to pack it if he is going to be off the ship. Thanks for any help.

Jill

Archived