Should we go on FOS?

We have already been on NOS. We have 4 teens and don't really want to go the same layout ship again. I know FOS has a surfing thing and the H20 zone but otherwise it is the same? Is there any differences?

Thanks!

Freedom class is just a Voyager Class on steroids, a bit larger with a couple of extras, the layout is virtually the same, if you want a ship with a different layout to Navigator then do not sail Freedom, either go smaller or larger.

I have been on Voyager Class ships and am planning a trip on the Freedom Class with my grandkids. The price for Freedom Class ships is better than the Oasis or Allure; I can get more space in the rooms for less money; Yes I know Oasis and Allure are larger and have more stuff to do; but the ships have more opportunities to nickel and dime you. so thats my story and I am planning on Freedom class

Do you get bored when you go on a similar ship? Is it better to venture off and explore something new?

My kids were not 'bored' but they weren't as wowed as the first few times we cruised. Now that they are older they take more of an interest in the ports so I try to pick cruises with less sea days and schedule something for each port stop.

We went from the Navigator to the Freedom of the Seas and thought it would be a lot alike, but we didn't have that feeling. The promenade is bigger and has some added things in it that you haven't seen on the Navigator. The pool area looked different on the Freedom as did the Solarium. I think you will definitely notice similarities, but I think the family will enjoy it, especially if you like the bigger ships. To date the Freedom is our favorite ship and the port is one of the easiest to get in and out of. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

I have been on both the Voyager class (4 times) and the Freedom once. Personally (and thats the key word) I did not really like the Freedom as well. Yes, there is the flow Rider, but it is my opinion that when RCCL added all the extra rooms for the passengers, they neglected to enlarge the public areas. What I am trying to say is that there felt like there were too many people in spaces not big enough to keep them. Although I did not have a terrible time on Freedom, it was claustrophobic to me.

For example, the Windjammer was almost impossible to get a table at and the waiting area for the dining room was way over crowded just to name a couple of things. I just never felt like the ship was big enough for all the extra passengers. I just felt the Voyager was a perfect size for the amount of people on board...the Freedom was not.

Archived