Liberty of the Seas Pool

BCV23

We are trying to decide between the Liberty of Seas and Epic. (finally narrowed down) We will have four kids ages 5,10,10 and 16. They all love the water. The Epic looks great for the slides but was wondering about the H2O zone and other pools on the Liberty. Do these have pool areas that the older kids would like or is the H2O zone for all ages. If anyone has any photos....that is great. Also-do you have to sign up for the Flowrider daily or do you just stand in line and wait. I am letting the kids pick this cruise and trying to show them all their options!

(now for mom the itinerary on the Liberty is much better!!)

The Liberty has three main pool areas all on the same deck. The H2O zone has a splash park, a whirlpool (Not really a "whirlpool", but it's about 3 feet deep that the kids kind of swim around and try to make it into a whirlpool), two hot tubs for the kids and a 5ft deep pool with a waterfall. The middle area is made up of several hot tubs and bigger pools for adults and older children (this is also where all the "contests" are run and where the music is), and then there is an adult-only pool in the solarium area. There were no water slides. at any of the pools.

Not sure about how the flowrider works.

Just back from Liberty in March. My 16 yr old twin sons loved the Flowrider. I believe you have to be 54" to boogie board and 56" to surf (double check RCCL website for specifics). Parents sign waivers for the Flowrider, rockwall and ice skating. The flowrider has specific times for use ie boogie boarding, surfing, adv. surfing, teen boogie boarding, adult boogie boarding, etc. You can also rent it out for private lessons. You stand in line and wait your turn. They have it divided into two sections - two seperate lines. It was never too crowded on our trip. The least crowded times were on embarkation day and port days. We really liked everything about the Liberty - ship, food and service. You can't go wrong if you decide on Liberty!

We are trying to decide between the Liberty of Seas and Epic. (finally narrowed down) We will have four kids ages 5,10,10 and 16. They all love the water. The Epic looks great for the slides but was wondering about the H2O zone and other pools on the Liberty. Do these have pool areas that the older kids would like or is the H2O zone for all ages. If anyone has any photos....that is great. Also-do you have to sign up for the Flowrider daily or do you just stand in line and wait. I am letting the kids pick this cruise and trying to show them all their options!

(now for mom the itinerary on the Liberty is much better!!)

I have attached a picture of the H2O zone and the main pool area. Personally, if I was in a pool or hot tub, I was in the solarium--but that is 18+.

25893_556155817840_71903348_32367217_2827526_n.jpg.9f275eee7db133343f2efd57b34dd303.jpg

the 'whirlpool' can be seen on the left. the 'waterfall' is in the back under the sign. the hottubs are on the right side.

25893_556155822830_71903348_32367218_2743430_n.jpg.1db13360ac0f455b387c5513aa1675ce.jpg

you can see the hot tubs that stick up.

I believe the bodyboarding height restriction is at least 52" and the stand-up surfing is 58" but you can find that info out there (even a picture of the 'you must be this tall' signs). After signing the waiver for your kids to do the flowrider, they will need to get a colored arm band every day they are using the machine. This just allows the staff to see easily if the person has already signed a waiver. To get the colored arm band, you just have to go to the place you signed the waiver. They will see your waiver arm band (plastic) and give you a special colored arm band for the day (paper).

So there are a lot of water options for kids on Liberty. I don't think the kids would be disappointed at all. My sister is 10 & she loves swimming. When I was on my cruise I kept thinking how much she would love being there.

My kids are 5 and 10, they are going on their 10th cruise with the Freedom class (Liberty of the Seas is a Freedom class ship) being their all time favorite class of ship. Nothing compares. Yes, they have fun on other ships, but each time I book another ship they ask "Does it have a H20 Zone?" or "Does it have a Ice Skating Rink"

The Freedom class has spoiled them for any other ship.

The kid schedules are at the link in my signature

051.jpg

240.jpg

242.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

052.jpg

Photos are great Michelle! I'll be sailing on Liberty May 23 and my aunt and her family in August. We were looking for some photos. One question: Does the Solarium have a retractable roof? Just asking in case it rains, do they close it. Thanks!

Photos are great Michelle! I'll be sailing on Liberty May 23 and my aunt and her family in August. We were looking for some photos. One question: Does the Solarium have a retractable roof? Just asking in case it rains, do they close it. Thanks!

No, the solarium roof does not retract on the Freedom class ships.

I'll post some more pictures specifically of the solarium for you....enjoy your cruise! These are Indy's solarium -- Liberty looks exactly the same....

056.jpg

060.jpg

118.jpg

120.jpg

059.jpg

058.jpg

Archived