Anyone else worried about upcoming Europe trips??

The latest news is this volcano could disrupt air travel for months,,,I have cruise booked from Dubrovnik in June...yikes...if I cant get there,will I get a refund,,,probably cruise would go anyway since ship in Europe at time...I m really worried....should I get trip insurance? Only have 2500 per person from credit card....if plane not flying, should get refund,right? Others out there in same shape??Any ideas? Not sure of SeaDream policy, I m a newbie....will have to find the fine print in brochure or call them....what a mess.....:eek:

I suspect the ship will sail with whoever shows up. Rotten deal as they are saying the last time this volcano blew its top, it lasted 2 YEARS.:eek: We are looking at the same issue in September but have trip insurance (which I bet will rapidly rise). On a good note, the QM2 is fully booked for transatlantics now. For the moment, southern Europe airports seem to be ok. Time will tell.

J.

I haven't purchased our trip insurance yet for our Fall Crossing. I usually wait until I make the final payment.

DJ's DH has colleagues who are stuck in Europe.

We have a friend who is supposed to have left for Germany a day or two ago who is still in Washington, DC last I heard.

The latest news is this volcano could disrupt air travel for months,,,I have cruise booked from Dubrovnik in June...yikes...if I cant get there,will I get a refund,,,probably cruise would go anyway since ship in Europe at time...I m really worried....should I get trip insurance? Only have 2500 per person from credit card....if plane not flying, should get refund,right? Others out there in same shape??Any ideas? Not sure of SeaDream policy, I m a newbie....will have to find the fine print in brochure or call them....what a mess.....:eek:

We had not purchased trip insurance. After the volcano we had our travel agent check to see if we could get it. He called 3 different insurance companies and as one would expect, now that its happened, they aren't going to cover it for insurance purchased after April 15. If you had insurance prior to April 15 you should check with your carrier but chances are that it will be covered. For those of us that didn't buy trip insurance we need to keep our fingers crossed!

We had not purchased trip insurance. After the volcano we had our travel agent check to see if we could get it. He called 3 different insurance companies and as one would expect, now that its happened, they aren't going to cover it for insurance purchased after April 15. If you had insurance prior to April 15 you should check with your carrier but chances are that it will be covered. For those of us that didn't buy trip insurance we need to keep our fingers crossed!

No problems yet where you are headed. Keep the fingers crossed but that far south we should be OK.

I ve also looked at many websites for insurance, and all saying will NOT cover volcano probs.AFTER April 15th...also, the cancel for any reason part only good if booked at least 15 days AFTER initial payment...so were re out of luck there....lets just hope it ll be ok ,but does SeaDream offer another cruise credit for later...only problem is the cruise I want won t be offered for rest of 2010,,,,The problem is airlines....mine goes to Frankfurt,then Dubrovnik,,,and that s shut down for indefinite time ,,,and MAY erupt again and same thing happen....any other ideas but pray for miracle?????Looked at brochure but it doesnt say anything about this.....anyone know????:(:(

I ve also looked at many websites for insurance, and all saying will NOT cover volcano probs.AFTER April 15th...also, the cancel for any reason part only good if booked at least 15 days AFTER initial payment...so were re out of luck there....lets just hope it ll be ok ,but does SeaDream offer another cruise credit for later...only problem is the cruise I want won t be offered for rest of 2010,,,,The problem is airlines....mine goes to Frankfurt,then Dubrovnik,,,and that s shut down for indefinite time ,,,and MAY erupt again and same thing happen....any other ideas but pray for miracle?????Looked at brochure but it doesnt say anything about this.....anyone know????:(:(

Could you get creative and fly into Athens and take the train to Dubrovnik?

I ve booked business class,$7,000 total for two.....and if not refunded due to not flying then,,, would be out too much to book new,and train,,,,and the Luftansa flights all go to Frankfurt,then on to various destinations....but good thought,,,just too much money....will call SeaDream in am and find out their refund policy in this situation......boohoo/////////////:(

Archived