Volcanic Ash has some cruisers missing the trip

A friend of mine made plans to sail this pass weekend from Europe. Even though she was to arrive 3 days early, she still couldn't make the trip as the flights were continually cancelled. Don't know if she had trip insurance.

I hope those of you from Europe that are booked this coming week don't suffer the same fate.

My original post was not stated correctly. I meant that she was to go on the Oasis and was flying in from Europe. Even though she was scheduled to be in Florida three days before the cruise, she still wasn't able to get here because of all the cancellations. Sorry if my original post was confusing.

We are on Oasis right now and should have set sail already, but we are waiting for several late arrivals from Europe. I am glad that the Captain is waiting for them and waiting a few hours while already on this great ship is certainly not a punishment. After all, we had problems at the airport and almost got rebooked to arrive into FLL at 6:30 pm tonight!

It's interesting that it seems like the Oasis is the only ships that chose to delay leaving port everglades. I guess that goes to show how large a percentage the international crowd holds on Oasis compared to most other ships.

We are on Oasis right now and should have set sail already, but we are waiting for several late arrivals from Europe. I am glad that the Captain is waiting for them and waiting a few hours while already on this great ship is certainly not a punishment. After all, we had problems at the airport and almost got rebooked to arrive into FLL at 6:30 pm tonight!

Tiamar,

Hope you have as much fun on Oasis as we all did on Mariner!

Rick and Deirdra

We just arrived in Fort Lauderdale for our cruise on the Solstice tomorrow and noticed that the Oasis is still here. The only other ship in port is the MSC Poescia.

mac_tlc

It's interesting that it seems like the Oasis is the only ships that chose to delay leaving port everglades. I guess that goes to show how large a percentage the international crowd holds on Oasis compared to most other ships.

If this is an Eastern Itinerary, Sunday is in Nassau. No urgency to leave at 5PM. I'm guessing that might be a reason.

Tiamar,

Hope you have as much fun on Oasis as we all did on Mariner!

Rick and Deirdra

As I sit in the airport with my family waiting to return home, I can't believe how fantastic our cruise was. I also can't believe that it took a mere 10 minutes from the time we got off the elevator on deck 5 to depart the ship using Express Departure - Self Assist to the airport via taxi. Had I realized how smooth it was, I would still be in bed! We never ran out of things to do and we had so much more planned that we could easily stay on a second week. Loved Central Park and enjoyed sipping on wine in the park while at sea. Will post a review soon enough, but for now suffice it to say she is my favorite.

As I sit in the airport with my family waiting to return home, I can't believe how fantastic our cruise was. I also can't believe that it took a mere 10 minutes from the time we got off the elevator on deck 5 to depart the ship using Express Departure - Self Assist to the airport via taxi. Had I realized how smooth it was, I would still be in bed! We never ran out of things to do and we had so much more planned that we could easily stay on a second week. Loved Central Park and enjoyed sipping on wine in the park while at sea. Will post a review soon enough, but for now suffice it to say she is my favorite.

What time did you leave the ship? Were taxis readily available?

Thanks ...

We did not use express check out. We had luggage station 68 which was the last to be called.. We werre off the ship and at the airport sitting waiting to go through security in less than an hour. Walk out of the terminal and the taxis are there waiting and loading. My husband paid the taxi so I don't know how much it was. But I believe it was less than 15. Depends on how many lights you hit on the way.

Archived