GTY staterooms at Oasis

Well, I didn't want to call RCI directly without talking to my travel agent first. Felt I should get his opinion (felt like I would be going over his head and he is always so helpful) so went to his office and asked if maybe we could release the cabin and go back into GTY pool. So we are, our cabin assignment is gone and we are back on GTY. I didn't want to push with an upgrade, so I'll take this route. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Thanks for all the helpful advice. :D

We got an upgrade!! We are soooo excited. Went back into the guarantee pool, which I would have never known about until reading these boards, a week ago today, and just checked our reservation and was upgraded to cabin #10698, cat. D7, Oceanview w/balcony (had reserved an OV GTY). Our travel agent also called to let us know the good news (he may have had something to do with it) and is just as excited for us as we are. We are pumped. We know where we'll be having our breakfast every morning. Thank you RCI AND all on this board who gave me some really good advice. :D

Interesting.... I booked an Inside GTY and got an inside room assigned to me last week. 8553- Front of the ship.

Maybe its the fact that I am a TA and they don't feel the need to upgrade me because I got a special rate on the sailing?!?

I'm contemplating calling as well, but I'm not the "gimme more" type and wouldn't want to push my luck. Im certainly greatful I was even given the opportunity in the first place. :)

I'm not very good at asking for special requests either. We were OV GTY, and was assigned room #7104, an OV cabin as far forward as you could go, and was a little nervous about cabin. Had read that several people called and asked about upgrades, but was not comfortable with doing that, especially because we use a TA, and also read somewhere on these boards that someone requested to be put back into the GTY Pool. So stopped at my TA, and he called and asked for us to be put back into the GTY Pool, and they did, no problem at all. This time around we received the upgrade. My TA's were just on the Oasis about a month ago, and didn't receive an upgrade, but they called their RCI rep, and she got them one. They got upgraded from a OV Balcony room to a mini suite. Might give that a try. Good Luck.;)

We are diamond members, and when we received our cabin (we booked OV GTY and received cabin #7104 all the way forward lowest deck in that cat.) our travel agent called to see if we could just move up one deck to deck 8, cabin #8104, same category, thinking we may have somewhat of a better view of water instead of helipad, and royal caribbean said no. First time we ever asked to be switched, and even though was same cat., they said no moving cabins, we booked a gty and that's the cabin we got. :rolleyes:

My understanding is that you can be asked to be put back into the GTY pool. I've heard of others doing that when they didn't like the cabin assigned. Don't know if they still do this or not. Worth a try I suppose.

Archived