Sites for last minute specials / "happy hour" HAL cruises?

Smartcookie

We just got back from a Celebrity cruise and were really upset to find that the cabins we booked went on sale for $600 less closer to the sailing through something called a "Happy Hour"/Xtreme special that gets posted on Tuesdays - does HAL have anything like that? Can anyone send me a PM with a link to where I could see last minute specials?

We're not planning any cruises in the next year, but if we see a deal like we missed on our recent cruise, we'd jump on it. I've been dying to try HAL.

In front of all the lanai cabins there are 2 loungers -- they have reserved tags on them for the people in those cabins.

Cool!

I assume there is a lock on the sliding glass doors of the cabin so you can enter from the promenade deck?

There does have to be a lock on those sliding doors -- don;t know what type they have as we haven't been in one of those cabins.

Maybe someone will come along who has stayed in them.

Or better yet -- start a new thread asking about the locks on the sliding glass doors for the lanai cabins.

We just got back from a Celebrity cruise and were really upset to find that the cabins we booked went on sale for $600 less closer to the sailing through something called a "Happy Hour"/Xtreme special that gets posted on Tuesdays - does HAL have anything like that? Can anyone send me a PM with a link to where I could see last minute specials?

We're not planning any cruises in the next year, but if we see a deal like we missed on our recent cruise, we'd jump on it. I've been dying to try HAL.

Other than the weekly flash, I haven't come across them ... however, if you go to Google periodically and search for 'flash' on HAL's media site (in the Google search field enter "site:media.hollandamerica.com flash" (the space between .com and flash is intentional) and click on 'repeat the search with the omitted results included' you will see all the placeholder pages that HAL has for flash sales, including regional pricing like PNW (Pacific Northwest), AK (Alaska), AKCT (Alaska Cruise Tour), etc. Sometimes there is content there, sometimes there isn't.

Only specific content that I am seeing currently aside from the USD / CAD Flash special pages is in-language content for the Netherlands.

Scott.

Archived