Thomson Dream Off Majorca

I missed it too! Looked earlier this morning and couldn't pick her up at all. This would be so exciting for those who have cruises booked this month but oh dear! things aren't looking good are they? I feel so sorry for everyone - and I'm not too optomistic about our chances early May either! :(

I missed it too! Looked earlier this morning and couldn't pick her up at all. I wonder when we'll see the first pictures of her posted on the site.

This would all be so exciting for those who have cruises booked this month but oh dear! things aren't looking good are they? :( I feel so sorry for everyone - and I'm not too optomistic about our chances early May either! :(

I missed it too! Looked earlier this morning and couldn't pick her up at all. This would be so exciting for those who have cruises booked this month but oh dear! things aren't looking good are they? I feel so sorry for everyone - and I'm not too optomistic about our chances early May either! :(

Hi Kruzseeka,

Following the track it looks like she only appeared about 15 miles back.

Not looking good, even for us next week. Airports closed till 7 a.m. tomorrow.

Italy opened airspace in N.Italy but shut it again quickly.

Met office aircraft reports dangerous levels of ash up there.

It's OK for companies like BA doing 1 test flihght OK but the charter planes are back and forth several times a day. What happens if the build up clogs up the engines after several flights.

We're resigned to a UK break instead. Can't change holiday dates. If we go it'll be a bonus.

Berwyn

Hi Kruzseeka,

It's OK for companies like BA doing 1 test flihght OK but the charter planes are back and forth several times a day. What happens if the build up clogs up the engines after several flights.

We're resigned to a UK break instead. Can't change holiday dates. If we go it'll be a bonus.

Berwyn

Yes - and I was so much looking forward to your comments on the ship too.

I noticed Ryanair have cancelled all flights from the UK until at least Weds afternoon. If Thomson do so then our motning flight to paphos for the Spirit on Weds 21st is a gonna too.

You can always go for a paddle on West Shore.:rolleyes:

Hi Kruzseeka,

Berwyn

Good luck, anyway. :) Hope you manage to get away whatever and with some decent weather you'll benefit from your break - even if it wasn't what you had been hoping for. I have my fingers crossed for you, us and everyone else!

Good luck, anyway. :) Hope you manage to get away whatever and with some decent weather you'll benefit from your break - even if it wasn't what you had been hoping for. I have my fingers crossed for you, us and everyone else!

You can always go for a paddle on West Shore.:rolleyes:

YUKK!! :eek: Not with all the radioactive stuff coming out of Sellafield into the Irish Sea.

Good luck anyway just in case you get off.

Thanks Kruzseeka, the weather has been great here for over 2 weeks now. Not typical April weather. You watch if we stay here for one the weather will break.

Berwyn

Sorry to repeat myself from other threads but thought you might be interested in this from Telegraph Online:-

Thomson and First Choice are using coaches and cruise ships to bring back British holidaymakers who are stranded abroad. Customers in Alicante and Malaga will travel via coach to northern France, before catching ferries to Britain and being transported to their respective domestic airports.

The operator, which has 40,000 British customers stranded aboard, is also using its cruise ships, Island Escape and Thomson Dream, to bring back passengers. Island Escape, which is currently in Madeira, will bring its passengers home by sea instead of by air. It is also picking up 300 non-cruise passengers from Madeira whose flights have cancelled.

Thomson Dream will also be used to ferry passengers from Majorca to Barcelona, where further transport has been organised.

Jan

Good on Thomsons. At least they are showing some imagination in getting people home.

I wonder if Dream will be running a shuttle to Barcelona or is it just one voyage? I suppose it would be too much to run a reverse service, e.g get people to Barcelona and then to Mallorca.

Good on Thomsons. At least they are showing some imagination in getting people home.

I wonder if Dream will be running a shuttle to Barcelona or is it just one voyage? I suppose it would be too much to run a reverse service, e.g get people to Barcelona and then to Mallorca.

I would think they'd just clear the holidaymakers off Majaorca and return empty to collect the next lot until everyone is off the island.

If they've got anyone in Menorca or Ibiza, they might ferry them to Palma for pickup there.

Berwyn

Archived