Cabin Bathrooms and smells

gonzo1124

A friend of mine was asking if the bathrooms on the Carnival cabins have an extractor fan strong enough to take care of a 'big guy' smell...I told him that flushing the toilet 3 or 4 times would certainly changed the air in the bathroom in a hurry.

:D

Just time your leaving the room with his umm quiet time LOL

Make sure he knows he needs to stand up before flushing :eek:

Lol I buy the small cans of room spray from bath and body works..that takes care of it. and yeah please stand up;)

We just take a book of matches (which I have in my purse anyway . . . even though I've never been a smoker, you just never know when you'll need to light something on fire) and use them to eliminate odors. Works great, is cheap, and doesn't take any room in luggage.

I take those solid cone shaped air fresheners that you twist and pull up the lid to open. Between those and the toilet suction, I don't notice any lingering smells. I even commented to DH last week after our cruise that I never noticed "his" smell:)

One time on the Legend when the toilet was flushed twice ,too closely in time a stange sewage smell came wafting up. May not want to flush 3 or 4 times. Matches, room deoderizor cone. (Was actually thinking about that this week, saw one at the dollar store. They last well for about 2 weeks near the cat litter:rolleyes:) Think I will pick one up for our PT cabin in December.

You can't beat the suction on those things!!Wish I could have them at home.Actually warned my boys about it.

You can have them installed in your home. When we bought our home the previous owner had installed Flushmates in all of the restrooms. They're quite the conversation starter when we have guests over, I always remind them to stand up because I will not be held responsible for their disembowelment. :D

They actually save on water as opposed to the traditional toilet, so they do have benefits other than the obvious . I'm sure there are many brands out there if you look around. I only know of the Flushmate because that's what we have.

Here's the link: http://www.flushmate.com/

Happy Flushing! :D

I usually take a few "Stick-Up" air fresheners.(round w/the sticky tab on the bottom.)

First day of cruise I place (1) in bathroom & (2) in cabin...by the (3rd) day of cruise I ADD 2nd in bathroom.

I end up with (2) in Bathroom & (2) in cabin.

Archived