Royal Caribbean killed my dog!

I believe that I read somewhere that puppies are not allowed in either the pool or hot tub. Not even with doggie diapers. The minimum age for all pools would be 3 years. :p:D Maybe RCI could name one of their future ships Canine of the Seas.

But my puppy is special-he is not like all of those other common one year olds who wear a nappy because they are not toilet trained- mine is toilet trained really- I just have him in nappies because........... he looks cute- so they must let him go in the pool- he really, really is toilet trained (and unique)

Yes make sure that your dog orders the Chops filet. You know that one that isn't USDA Prime but more like shoe leather according to the Carnival riders.;)

If you wish your dog can have 3 entrees and 5 desserts- obviously not because they are greedy but because they will want to taste everything.

They can of course then complain because the final one was a bit cold.

So is mine - deal with it. :p:D;)

Although my puppy is only 1 he is very advanced and mature for his age. I just know that he will be bored by the carefully planned age appropriate activities and I would like him to join the activities for teenagers. I am sure that the staff will immediately recognise that he is exceptionally advanced - will they let him play with the big kids?

Well, I had a completely different experience. Royal Caribbean saved my dog's life. In fact, they've saved my dog's life on every one of the 273 cruises I've taken. It must have been your fault that your dog died.

Obviously, you are just a cheerleader. You wouldn't have been a member of the ROYAL K9 CHAMPIONS would you?

Which cruise are you thinking of taking?

Maybe best to avoid Legend and Asia with the dog and any cruise visiting France with the horse.

We are going to be on Oasis and therefor aren't 'really cruising' because Oasis is just a big floating resort. We won't ever have to get off the ship.

Perhaps we should rethink our decision to go on that monstrosity and join the other D.A.S.P.O.O.O.T.S. (Doggies Against Setting Paws On Oasis Of The Seas) in protest of such a travesty to dog cruising.

Some cruisers seem to find a 'rolling cooler' essential. The main purpose of this seems to be that it allows you to complain when the room steward has not kept it full of ice.

I will tell you one thing's for sure, my dog would have a real bone to pick with the room steward if that happened to him. Where else can he store his smuggled cans of Alpo?

Well I am no longer a cruise virgin. I recently sailed on MOS and had such a good time. I went with a group of 18 other women and varied backgrounds and cruising experiences.

I'm sure my next one will be even better using the things I learned on this one.

Check in-Excellent!

1st timer boarding-this can be more than a little overwelming....you try to see everything at once. You are offered the 1st drink of the day and papers are handed to you...don't know what the papers are yet but in my hand they are...I know they must be important because they gave them to me...ya think?:o

We found our room with ease and I know I had the same reaction as everyone else the 1st time I saw it. Are you kidding me? My bathroom is bigger than this! And they want TWO people to LIVE in here? The shock wears off quickly because you're hungry and want to explore.

So off to Windjammers we go. Great selection of both hot and cold, healthy and no so healthy. So we get our lunches and sit for a bit. Because I'm so wise now because of Cruise Critic;), I know that the luggage should be there when I get done! In about 30 minutes our lunch is down and our group is complete...back to the cabins to see if the luggage is there...nope...but it IS in the lobby area by the elevators. So instead of just standing there like some others waiting for it to be delivered...I politely asked if I could just get mine then...they looked at me gratefully and said yes and thank you. It just seemed silly to sit there and wait...I do believe I started a trend.

So to make the cabin look bigger....just open the bathroom door. Yup the main room is a palace now isn't it? No matter...they make good use of the room and we had things neatly stored away in no time. The room is now growing. I think everyone knows just how friendly the shower curtain is.

Every part of the ship we visited was clean...very very clean. There were some worn carpets but compared to the ones in my house.....not a problem at all.

We did the muster drill....our group got a little broken up because of that so I head to the pool bar where some of the meet and greet people were going to be. I then just took my time looking around. And guess what? They were serving food AGAIN! For the sailaway party they had burgers and hotdogs and lots and lots of food! I was still full from lunch so I went to the front of the ship and watched us leave the port.

We had 1st seating at dinner and we honestly believe that we had the best waitstaff in the room. Renaldo and Austin...we love ya!

Food was wonderful! I'm no foodie but I know what I like. And I liked it all!

Good shows afterwards. We got back to the room and more papers were on the bed. Good...I moved them and went to sleep.

All in all we had a great trip. Great ship and wonderful staff.

And oh those papers I mentioned? They are so important. They actually tell you what's going on.:eek: Imagine that!! The main mistake I made was going along with the crowd of seasoned cruisers letting them lead the way...and while I had a wonderful time, I could have had an even better one if I had taken the time to read these. Do yourself and everyone else in your party a favor and read these!

Seasoned cruisers? Have the newbies with you read the dailies.

I have no complaints at all!

And I'll be back!

:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry about that....Granny had a Granny moment:rolleyes:....my dog was annoying so it had to give the diamond studded collar back.

WHAT?

C&A are taking more benefits away from their most loyal cruisers?

Boy, they are really barking up the wrong tree....

It goes without saying that the lack of eggs benedict will have ruined the entire cruise for the horse and will force them to look for another cruise line in the the future but what was the dogs view on the exhorbitant soda card price of $4 a day?